Is there any group who can sell over 3M albums with just one version and no gimmicks like BTS?

• that's what i thought already.

we don't always know how popular local artists sell in their own country if they aren't as global as others.

• To put it simply no.

In fact it always makes me giggle how far behind the rest of kpop and western acts are compared to BTS sales.

I am hoping the next BTS album is moderately priced and we get the standard 4 ver like every artist does. I wanna see them selling 10m. 8) :borahae:

• people who buy vinyls are professional or bedroom DJ's. The average consumer who listens to music has numerous methods of buying it compared to the past

You asked why people are buying music rather than streaming. And no it’s not just professionals. Swifties and Billies fandom can’t relate.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Versions don't, but I think to a degree* things like Kino and LP's and even cassette tapes can since they feel like something truly different than just Ver A, B or C. They ain't going to give you a million copies but typically Kino's get anywhere from 20-30 thousand extra sales and LP's seem to push close to 50k.

I think the most gimmick versions like those will nab a Kpop act is maybe 80-100 thousand sales at most.

Only when released after a few days not when concurrently with the main album.

If you’re capable of selling say 1 million for a comeback how many ever version are there your fans will split over it. Best example is EXO. Around 1/3 of their sales used to be the Chinese version. So ppl said they can’t sell without it but when it stopped what happened. Nothing. Fans just bought the version available.

The way to boost sales is by releasing. Any version few days after main release that increases album sales.

• Who? receip please.

They sold 3.3 million in 2019 with just 1 album

Unbenannt.png

I think it was also somewhere stated that Guinessworldrecords (who awarded the most sold albums) didn't included downloaded versions so the album would've aparently almost the same number on digital bought copies in Japan as it has in CDs who got purchased in stores. IDK exactly because I first ever read about it back than in the end of 2019 on an English website who posts about Japanese celebrity-news

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• They sold 3.3 million in 2019 with just 1 album

Unbenannt.png

I think it was also somewhere stated that Guinessworldrecords (who awarded the most sold albums) didn't included downloaded versions so the album would've aparently almost the same number on digital bought copies in Japan as it has in CDs who got purchased in stores. IDK exactly because I first ever read about it back than in the end of 2019 on an English website who posts about Japanese celebrity-news

I was surprised to see 6 million. Because Arashi's album did not sell 6 million. It was also not released digitally. Just this year, their albums were slowly being uploaded to Spotify Japan.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I was surprised to see 6 million. Because Arashi's album did not sell 6 million. It was also not released digitally. Just this year, their albums were slowly being uploaded to Spotify Japan.

Anyway, here is a lost from Wikipedia about the most sold albums of Japan (not totally acurate tho since the album of ARASHI isn't mentioned and maybe a few more)

Unbenannt.png

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Anyway, here is a lost from Wikipedia about the most sold albums of Japan (not totally acurate tho since the album of ARASHI isn't mentioned and maybe a few more)

Unbenannt.png

It's normal that Arashi isn't on the list because actually their album only sold 2.188.803 copies but IFPI counted the album as 3.3 million because there are 50+ songs in it and they counted the album as 1.5 albums and Including DVD sales.

This is the current list

E9-EXpj-PVc-AAZRvd.png

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• people who buy vinyls are professional or bedroom DJ's. The average consumer who listens to music has numerous methods of buying it compared to the past

I buy vinyls and almost all my friends do too. None of us are professional or bedroom DJ

Vinyls are just very popular now. They’re fun to buy rather than a cd plus I love listening to music on my vinyl player

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!