Will PSY & JYP outsold...

• Mnet survival reality show in Korea?

LOUD isn't really making noise among ifans but it seems that the ratings of this show in Korea is amazing

I mean, LOUD ratings on average is higher than Produce series

Comparing this show to Produce, you can clearly see how big of a gap LOUD have

LOUD ( still counting as the final episode hasn't aired yet )

Highest rating: 9.0%

Average: 4.62%

Produce 101

Highest rating: 4.38%

Average: 3.01%

Produce 101 Season 2

Highest rating: 5.197%

Average: 2.968%

Produce 48

Highest Rating: 3.085%

Average: 2.338%

Produce X 101

Highest Rating: 3.892%

Average: 2.30%

I'm not really a number stan but it is an interesting question to ask, whether the new boy group from JYP & PNation will have higher GP appeal as compared to their peers of the 4th generation of Kpop, given their successful survival show?

I'm excited to see how well they will do and see if these numbers can be translated through their digital performance. Maybe it's just that LOUD is aired in SBS while others were produced by MNet???

Anyways Psy really work hard for his kids and it seems like he is really comitted to the group. Knowing how he give Jessi her well-deserved breakthrough in the Kpop scene, I have no doubt he will manage his group well

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• Honestly seems like beside their ratings they didn't make any nose

i rarely see post about them on pann, nate etc...

The only thing I remember got Knetz talking about was that 12yo PNation trainee

It's really weird when you think of it, Produce series have lesser audience yet it became a hot topic among knetz while LOUD on the other hand...

I am assuming the target audience of both show is different?? Idk maybe they are targeting LOUD to a larger audience than Kpop local fans??

I would like to see the outcome of this show tbh, Mnet has produced some great groups through decent-rating survival show. I wonder what's in store for SBS

• It's likely because SBS is a free-to-air channel and Mnet is a cable one, you can't compare them.

Yes, that's what makes me wonder: Will the group coming from this show have larger GP support as they have watched the show from SBS?

Those who watch Produce from MNet watch it with the intention of stanning their faves and voting them to the top, while this show basically let JYP & PSY have full say on the group and you as the audience just sit there and watch as a form of entertainment. Will the groups that come from this show be succesful without solid fanbase? Or will the GP support them as they have watched the show??

• Most people who watch TV are under 8 and 40+, doubt they would care about a teen idol group. You'd need to know the streaming data of this show to assess that since young people use internet more these days.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Yes, that's what makes me wonder: Will the group coming from this show have larger GP support as they have watched the show from SBS?

Those who watch Produce from MNet watch it with the intention of stanning their faves and voting them to the top, while this show basically let JYP & PSY have full say on the group and you as the audience just sit there and watch as a form of entertainment. Will the groups that come from this show be succesful without solid fanbase? Or will the GP support them as they have watched the show??

the thing is that GP is frivolous one day they'll watch something

and 5months after they don't remember it anymore

in contrary of people watching MNET, who are really watching the show to stan and support the final lineup

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• It doesn't make too much sense to conflate ratings with how popular a group/song will be with the public. The demographic viewing TV aren't are only helpful in some things.

The Trot shows pull 30%+ yet outside of fandom power they barely have any relevance on general music consumption. SMTM on the other was not even pulling 5% and had multiple successful songs, including VVS which was no.1 for weeks.

• Not sure if the two groups will do well outside the show but talking about the show alone, compared to other survival shows airing right now Koreans seem to be paying attention to Loud and Street Woman. Loud also topped another tv ranking but if you go on Pann and theqoo though most people are talking about the contestants “visuals” and the big age gaps. The JYP team has been trending for awhile on Pann, clowning Yoon Min and Donghyeon visuals. Calling Yoon Min old and be sent to the army and shit. The JYP loud DCinside room is very rude towards these two individuals. The fans don’t like them and want the team to be re-debuted. It’s quite harsh.

External Content twitter.com

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!