Will JYP and Psy's upcoming boygroup be the next big boygroup?

• By the next big boygroup; i mean a boygroup that is popular with both international kpop fans and korean GP; with album sales and fandom size that will rival BTS's within a year since bts will start enlisting from next year.

Two groups will be formed from the reality show LOUD starting in June; one will be under JYP ent and another under Psy comapny which i think will be more a hiphop group. JYP already has experience from a similar reality show where 2pm(jyp boygroup) and 2AM( more of a ballad group under bighit) were formed.

JYP and Psy both popular celebrities will judge the show; and from what jyp has said it seems the reality show will look for idols with talent over looks. BTS attraction was also their talented rappers and dancers. Now bighit doesn't seem to prioritize rappers. Which group will be more popular- Psy's or jyp's? Or the next big boy group will be from another small company non big 4 group?

• It's very possible since PSY is the biggest k-pop act in the world who paved the way for the all the successful Korean artists today. No one can say for sure what will happen next though so we'll have to wait and see.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• No

JYP doesnt know how to manage a boygroup and thats been proven again and again.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In my opinion I don’t think the show will be popular. Them picking talent over looks has drawn a lot of criticism. There’s a post on theqoo with over 1k comments dragging those boys faces. K-pop is focused on good looks and most fans are shallow so they pretty much failed at the start. :peperun:

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• In my opinion I don’t think the show will be popular. Them picking talent over looks has drawn a lot of criticism. There’s a post on theqoo with over 1k comments dragging those boys faces. K-pop is focused on good looks and most fans are shallow so they pretty much failed at the start. :peperun:

Well this is depressing.

it's not like they are going to only consider talent; that is more like the selling point of the show. They are selecting for an idol group so i'm sure looks will always be important even if they don't say it.

• Yes but stray kids debuted while bts still in their prime so they got overshadowed. Plus their songs are not public friendly or catchy like bts's songs.

Bts are still in their prime, so I don't know what will change for these boy groups.

Stray Kids' songs are unarguably catchy, I think you made a wrong choice of words there. While it's true their music isn't exactly the bright pop considered to have a mass appeal Dynamite and Butter are, I'd keep three things in mind:

1. It's impossible to predict what songs will get suddenly popular.

2. Boy groups rely on amassing a huge fandom of people who like the music they make.

3. Stray Kids are a very versatile group, I don't think it's possible to safely predict what they'll come out with next. They are the same group that followed up Side Effects with Levanter.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!