Why international and korean fans have a different taste in music

• Nope. :fingerk: Kpop is way more experimental than mainstream pop music. You can find mixture of lots of different genres from kpop music. Genre switches are amazing. The beat & melody changes are very unexpected, the sound is very unorthodox. The best examples are here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But Koreans love simple catchy songs.

Some K-Pop songs are experimental but most of them are just generic pop songs. Also experimenting does not always work, some songs sound like shit (I know music is subjective, but really...) :sweatr:

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• Different taste, I guess.

I mean even in the list that are supposed to show the taste of ifans, there are so many songs I don't like at all. And I am an ifan.

Similarly there might be Koreans who don't like the songs that are popular there.

• The thing is, in Korea, it's just pop music. When you look at Melon, you're seeing the preferences of passive consumers.

When polling international fans, you're seeing the preferences of active enthusiasts.

The former probably don't even know what a Mago even is to express an opinion it.

• Your comparing international opinion pieces with official Korean music charts.

That's like comparing Pann opinions against Billboard charts.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!