Why international and korean fans have a different taste in music

• OP your question is somewhat interesting because it's essentially asking why one person likes apples and another person likes pears but instead of asking on an individual level you're now grouping people based on Korean v International and asking a collective group of people why they collective like or not like something...a bit beyond the scope of AKP don't you think...

I mean I can tell you why (for example) I prefer Mago to Apple but I can't speak for all the international fans and I certainly am not Korean to speak on behalf of Koreans

• since our music market is filled with talented musicians, that write fantastic music that we actually can relate to, korean music will stay the most prefered.

A lot of koreans aren't able to speak english or any other latin language.

Also because of the politic heats it is hard to support chinese or japanese artists wholeheartedly.

This is my opinion as a korean.

• Koreans are not open for experimental music. :wellr:

K-Pop is not really experimental, it´s mostly just regular pop sung in Korean (as the name suggests). I don´t think this has to do with the openness of Korean to a type of music. K-Pop songs used to chart way more during the 2nd generation. Korean fans just changed their taste. Also many K-pop groups shifted their focus towards international market.

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• K-Pop is not really experimental, it´s mostly just regular pop sung in Korean (as the name suggests). I don´t think this has to do with the openness of Korean to a type of music. K-Pop songs used to chart way more during the 2nd generation. Korean fans just changed their taste. Also many K-pop groups shifted their focus towards international market.

Nope. :fingerk: Kpop is way more experimental than mainstream pop music. You can find mixture of lots of different genres from kpop music. Genre switches are amazing. The beat & melody changes are very unexpected, the sound is very unorthodox. The best examples are here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But Koreans love simple catchy songs.

Edited once, last by channiieK ().

• i believe the fact koreans speak korean has a lot to do with it....lets be honest some kpop songs i really love dont sound that great when i actually look up the lyrics lmao

also a lot of those songs did chart....

but yes at the end of the day it simply comes down to preference

• That list isnt representative of international Korean music listeners. Its from r/kpop, which is a notorious gg stan hellhole with a hate boner for BTS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!