After recent scandals Weibo removed all celebrity ranking lists from the platform

• well... I guess it will be much harder for kids now

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• who the hell wants to follow chinese entertainment when they pull crap like this? Even an army of fangirls doesn't stand a chance against a communist dictatorship. The performing arts can not flourish under governments like this. Cpop is a flop internationally compared to Kpop / Jpop and thats for a reason.

• who the hell wants to follow chinese entertainment when they pull crap like this? Even an army of fangirls doesn't stand a chance against a communist dictatorship. The performing arts can not flourish under governments like this. Cpop is a flop internationally compared to Kpop / Jpop and thats for a reason.

true. and sad. because there are many talented Chinese idols who could make it big if they were just given a good platform.

But of course nothing good can happen under CCP. There goes Cpop >.>

KEEP TALKING WE SHUT YOU DOWN.

• Eh, if the Chinese government didn't go after the media companies and idols the anti-chinese crowd will still go after them for being "pro-CCP."

The fact is CPOP, CDrama, TikTok and Chinese games survive in spite of the CCP not because of it.

The CCP is after hard power like economic, military and technological goals and not soft power.

The anti-CCP posters should actually support CPOP and Chinese idols because in a lot of ways they divert the energy of an authoritian state towards something a lot more fun and personal.

It was always better they could concentrate on creating Boy Bands and Girl Groups than nuclear bombs or aircraft carriers.

Well, both the Anti-Chinese haters and the CCP get what they want -- which is less of the idol culture which the CCP considers effeminate and socially degenerating.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• update

NetEase also removing all celeb rankings

• Well, both the Anti-Chinese haters and the CCP get what they want -- which is less of the idol culture which the CCP considers effeminate and socially degenerating.

Honestly, the chinese goverment needs to chill down. I get it, they want to set a example for the scandal, but they are going overboard with this. Idol culture in CPOP is zero threat to their rule. Now, we'll probably see a bigger influx of chinese talents to Korea. Maybe the CCP will change their minds once they see CPOP is declining as hell and everybody is leaving.

And not to bring in global politics, but they are neighbour to a newly-borned islamist country: Taliban-Afghanistan. Those folks are a REAL threat to the CCP and China. Not a innocent genre like idol music.

• well... I guess it will be much harder for kids now

It's a lot worse.

They are cracking down on Taiwanese artists, even Jolin and SHE.

Also homosexuality is being discouraged, the biggest TV host in China got blacklisted for being gay.

It seems like artists can salvage their image if they go to the taiwanese market for now, the chinese market is blowing up with scandals.

Yifan is blabbering everything in jail so he won't get the death penalty so the sex rings and drug suppliers will be outed.

I hope kpop kids will be fine but the trainees that have not debuted will Struggle

• true. and sad. because there are many talented Chinese idols who could make it big if they were just given a good platform.

i agree with this, a lot of people don't know this but Renjun from NCT Dream has a cousin in a cpop group called golden age- but absolutely no one knows about them, despite their music pretty good!

• Also some Wu Yifan fans who tried to break him out of jail has changed a lot of perspectives. I think that as survival shows are banned, only stars that have debuted already in korea, or in china can get bigger, but I think no more bulk voting will happen. They will find a way to buy albums in masse. There is not going to be much of a chance for Cpop to flourish as the CCP is alive, and it is showing.

I think more trainees will go to acting. Being in Korea comes with a lot of hate and the CCP will find a way to bar Chinese idols in Korea, as Jackson for one had a terrible image in China (in forums and such) until he pledged support for China.
    Even Yuehua, the new group Daylight will not debut. A member has rumored to leave, Hsen Wei is in gp999 and will be eliminated for being pro taiwan accidentally, only Aria Jin got big. She's trying acting as well though, even though she's quite bad at it (sorry girl)

Unfortunate.

• true. and sad. because there are many talented Chinese idols who could make it big if they were just given a good platform.

Many of them come to Korea for this reason.

I think some cidols in Korea could possibly make it big like Meiqi (Winwin could do well) and some groups (Aespa, Blackpink, Babymonsters probably) but like an organic cpop idol would have a harder time, especially unfortunate since they are usually so talented.

China doesn’t want a nation of incels and oppa fangirls that wasted their youth making prdophile and sexual deviant idols become richer. Teens obsessing with things online has become the opium of the internet age, and China knows from its history that addictions affect their society. They see South Korea collapsing demographically and are taking extreme measures so they don’t turn like that

• China doesn’t want a nation of incels and oppa fangirls that wasted their youth making prdophile and sexual deviant idols become richer. Teens obsessing with things online has become the opium of the internet age, and China knows from its history that addictions affect their society. They see South Korea collapsing demographically and are taking extreme measures so they don’t turn like that

Its illogical to think that has everything to do with Korea's low birth rate. But i guess you have to be illogical in the first place to defend the CCP's censorship. Banning Video Games, Same Sex couples, Religion, Culture and the likes has nothing to do with improving society at all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!