Sowon Nazi scandal vs Tiffany Red Sun scandal

• I'm not like you or Tiffany but I live in the west (uk) and I've never heard of the rising flag being bad until Tiffany's scandal. Ask the years growing up I always saw that design used a pattern for various reasons. Video games had it, clothes had it, hell anything related to Japan had it including my school text books. Never knew anything was ever wrong with it. Hell I was barely

That's why I always felt that treating another culture of knowing exactly what's wrong with something is a bit unfair. I mean westerners associate the swastika as bad due to Nazi but I'm willing to bet a lot of them don't realise it's been used by other cultures/religions before Nazis even existed. I have Hindu friends who have used as a symbol to mean I think good luck were criticised for it by others (including me towards them before they explained it to me lol).

But sometimes you get things like even if you explain shit or its common knowledge and they still do the offensive/idiotic thing then that's a whole nother matter like what Sowon seemingly did in reposting it, or for a wider example the continued Confederate and Nazi stuff in America these days

I think what happened is really horrible but I also think this is a quite good explanation...

In an ideal world everyone should know about all major horrible events around the world but THEY don’t. For logical reasons most know about stuff that are geographical and time wise CLOSE to themselves.

People in West don’t know the rising sun (just look at this forum), and to people in East Asia the swastiska is a symbol of the sun or luck, you’ll see a lot of older people in Korea wear it.

There are aweful stuff going on constantly. Does Americans know that the Korean War they participated in is the bloodies in history based on civilian death. Do Scandinavian people know that the many Kurds that live in their country currently are being subjected to genocide. How many know exactly what the Rwanda massacre or Bokoharam is really about and how colonization contributed etc etc

We should acknowledge ALL these events but in reality knowledge is usually skewed to closeness in time, geography or possible social relations

• I dont have to make it up, you said it yourself for all to read. You are only uncomfortable I call it as it is.

As for Tiffany, it is called a "filter" but it was not a live filter, more of a sticker she used after she took the picture. But I fail to see why arguing the technicality of what happened with Tiffany supposedly help this case with Sowon?

Taking personal insult at the first instance of disagreement on an anonymous forum is a reflection of your character, not of me. So go on. You can try to hurl insult at me but the only one you end up smearing is yourself.

• I'm confused. Some people say Sowon reposted it in weverse meanwhile some say she didn't and it was the fans who brought it in weverse. Can someone clarify if she did it or not? And please be someone who actually has weverse because the way people are believing she reposted it without checking it's validity is stupid.

• Trust me these idols aren’t as dumb or naive as y’all think. Germany and South Korea are allies.

If you don’t believe please lookup their relationship

• Tiffany had an auto generated filter that she took down minutes after people told her about it.

Sowon deliberately posed and took a photo next to Nazi mannequin that was there for know who's how long before she even cane up with the idea. Sowon is much worse.

Snapchats geofilter still gives you the option to choose from a selected option of stickers

Tiffany still chose that sticker out of all the ones generated because she thought it looked pretty and she didn't know better. She made a mistake.

Sowon took that picture because she thought it was just a cool soldier. It wasn't well decorated, labeled and it didn't have the typical nazi armband or emblems that most people would recognize. She didn't know better and she made a mistake, the same one nobody on her team caught.

It's amazing how you paint Tiffany as a victim but try to stretch out Sowon's responsibility when it both boils down to pure ignorance

• I'm more amazed how you pit both against each assumming I'm calling one of them victim when I'm only stating the complexity of processes of how each other got in their situations. Tiffany took a pic with a filter and uploaded it meanwhile Sowon thought about taking a pic with this specific mannequin, posed, had someone else take the pic and then upload it. There's more specific actions required from Sowon to get into that mess than Tiffany.

If you wanna judge who's guilty then you do you.

• I'm more amazed how you pit both against each assumming I'm calling one of them victim when I'm only stating the complexity of processes of how each other got in their situations. Tiffany took a pic with a filter and uploaded it meanwhile Sowon thought about taking a pic with this specific mannequin, posed, had someone else take the pic and then upload it. There's more specific actions required from Sowon to get into that mess than Tiffany.

If you wanna judge who's guilty then you do you.

Oh don't even try it

You were the one making comparisons and saying one was worse than the others. You were the one minimizing Tiffany's involvement and overextended Sowon's. Not me.

Tiffany saw that sticker, chose it, posted it. Sowon saw that that statue, posed with it and posted it. Simple as that. There were mannequins dressed like that all throughout the venue and and filming crew everywhere. It's not like it was a long or difficult process or Sowon singled out that specific one out of a set of normal ones. It doesn't matter how many steps you try to drag out to make it worse or more "complex" so that Tiffany looks better in comparison, dumbest thing I've seen today

• i think both mistakes are equally bad blunders (and i don't believe they were done out of malice, just ignorance) however i find it funny how koreans vilified tiffany for not knowing rising sun but they're shielding sowon for not knowing nazis...

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• Oh don't even try it

You were the one making comparisons and saying one was worse than the others. You were the one minimizing Tiffany's involvement and overextended Sowon's. Not me.

Tiffany saw that sticker, chose it, posted it. Sowon saw that that statue, posed with it and posted it. Simple as that. There were mannequins dressed like that all throughout the venue and and filming crew everywhere. It's not like it was a long or difficult process or Sowon singled out that specific one out of a set of normal ones. It doesn't matter how many steps you try to drag out to make it worse or more "complex", the problem is ignorance

Dude I've already said multiple times in this thread I think Sowon's actions, IE how everything came to be, is worse and have explained why. I'm not denying that. You can agree with my reason or not I don't mind that at all.

What I do mind however is you stirring up shit and putting words in my mouth (seems to be a thing in this thread). I did not say Tiffany end results, IE her pics, were worse or better than Sowon. I never said Tiffany was innocent. If that's what you think or Sowon is innocent then like I said you do you, but don't drag me into something I never said.

• Dude I've already said multiple times in this thread I think Sowon's actions, IE how everything came to be, is worse and have explained why. I'm not denying that. You can agree with my reason or not I don't mind that at all.

What I do mind however is you stirring up shit and putting words in my mouth (seems to be a thing in this thread). I did not say Tiffany end results, IE her pics, were worse or better than Sowon. I never said Tiffany was innocent. If that's what you think or Sowon is innocent then like I said you do you, but don't drag me into something I never said.

Haven't yall both made your points by now?

Am I gonna have to ask a mod to lock this thread lol?

• What I do mind however is you stirring up shit and putting words in my mouth (seems to be a thing in this thread). I did not say Tiffany end results, IE her pics, were worse or better than Sowon. I never said Tiffany was innocent. If that's what you think or Sowon is innocent then like I said you do you, but don't drag me into something I never said.

You were very clearly portraying it that way and making it seem like snapchat put that filter on there, not Tiff.

Whatever, victimize Tiffany all you like but don't drag other people in to defend her. I'm not wasting my time playing dumb with you

• Haven't yall both made your points by now?

Am I gonna have to ask a mod to lock this thread lol?

I thought you liked trying to get drama going on to give you hit threads drew :pepe-use-head:

Anyway I made my point in my first post and left it unchanged. It's not my fault users are quoting me asking the same thing over again or putting words in my mouth.

You can lock this thread if you want, at least that way I won't have to deal with their idiotic shit lol

• I thought you liked trying to get drama going on to give you hit threads drew :pepe-use-head:

Anyway I made my point in my first post and left it unchanged. It's not my fault users are quoting me asking the same thing over again or putting words in my mouth.

You can lock this thread if you want, at least that way I won't have to deal with their idiotic shit lol

I'm so predictable. Everyone knows I live for a hit thread lol. You right about that.

But I don't know. This topic is a little touchy.

• tiffanys scandal is worse.

tiffany is korean by blood, and works as an entertainer in korea. When you work in a country you have the responsibility to understand its culture at least superficially. You spend a day on korean history and this stuff shows up. Koreans have every right to be mad about it, and on top of that she posted it on koreas liberation day yikes. it could be taken as an accident, but for a korean in korea, and a public figure... its pretty disrespectful.

sowon on the other hand is korean, born and raised in korea. it is something she would've learnt more than 3 pages about during the obligatory 8th grade history classes, and then forgotten a week after the test. while koreans would know about the swastika and nazism, its not really a big part of their history.

hell even I wouldn't recognize it, and you probably wouldnt either unless you have a degree in spot-the-swastika-less-nazi-ology

if she was in the west/ from the west she'd deserve the criticism.

idk if she reposted it cuz i cant find a source saying that...

and to those who say shit like "she should educate herself" on what exactly? she definitely knows about nazis- she just isnt trained to spot one, especially if its just out there in a cafe, sitting around lol wth? and yes, she should put out an apology but it doesnt have to be longer than "i didnt realise the statue was a nazi one, next time i'll ask before taking pics with a random statue"

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I think Tiffany's hugest blander was posting the rising sun flag on Korea's independence day.

Even if Tiffany is only an idol and not a historian, I'm sure she knew about the tension between Korea and Japan especially the history about Korea's comfort women. For a Korean living in Korea, Tiffany should have had first hand experience of how bad it felt like for Koreans.

Sowon on the other hand is someone who definitely has heard about the Nazis but she doesn't understand it because it didn't affect her country enough for every Korean to speak up against it. Therefore, what she did was stupid but expected.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!