Eman's Guide To Enjoying Survival Shows

• Eman's Guide To Enjoying Survival Shows

girls_planet_999_137655.jpg

Since Girls Planet is airing and we're in the midst of an exciting and emotional journey to a brand new girl group, I thought I'd give some tips on how to enjoy these things without going crazy.

Tip #1:

Have A Practical Pick

I know everyone has their heart set on their favorite girl that they want to debut. But maybe consider selecting a second favorite. A "practical pick".

By this I mean choose a favorite who seems to be one of the shows favorites. A girl who is getting high votes. And seems to be getting favored treatment on the show.

This allows you to have someone you're rooting for with a high chance of making it.

Tip # 2:

Get Out Of A "X Deserves " Mindset

If you start down this path of focusing too heavily on a "she deserves it" mindset, it can have a tendency to make you resentful or angry when picks you don't value get attention or votes or star treatment.

I see people from time to time downplaying others favorites and popular picks that they don't understand or agree with. Picks they don't think deserve it.

"She's just a visual pick." "They just vote for her because if X". "She doesn't deserve to debut because of X"

Realize there's a multitude of ways to approach picking girls for a girl Group.

And getting worked up on others valuing things differently then you will only make you feel bad.

Try to focus on positively praising your own picks. Rather than on why others' picks are wrong.

I promise you'll feel better.

Tip # 3:

Hype Your Favs

Related to #2 above.

Channel your energy and emotion into promoting and hyping your own favorites.

Not only does this help get your favs exposure and attention. But it keeps you focused on a positive activity. Being positive helps you enjoy something.

Tip # 4:

Be Realistic

This is hard. I know.

Everyone wants their dream team to make it.

But it's a survival show.

And realistically you're dream team will probably not make it exactly how you want.

Hope for them. But keep a measured hope.

Maybe focus on getting a few of your favs in rather then the perfect team.

Tip 1 can help with this.

Tip # 5:

Breathe

Sometimes we forget. This is kpop. It's supposed to be an enjoyable activity and hobby.

Realize at the end of the day you can't control who makes it in completely.

Realize it's not the end of the world if things don't go out as you planned.

There's more kpop here for you to enjoy. And ultimately lives are not ruined by not making a group.

All these girls will find there way in life. Even if they don't get into this group.

Feel sad for those that didn't make it. Feel happy for those that do.

And make sure to breathe.

It's a show. Have fun.

That's all! Enjoy the show!

giphy.gif

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

• TTotally #5 .

Take everything with a grain of salt too.

I remember Chowon's initial horrible performance on PD48 that I realized was probably scripted to be horrible because she was better in so many ways after it and it made no sense. So many people wrote her off.

100% think behind the scenes.

• Great tips.

Drew B's tip: Just wait till it's over and then pick a favorite from the lineup who actually made it lol.

This means YOU automatically win.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My favorite girls in Produce 48 were Sihyeon, Haeyoon, Heo Yunjin, Gyuri, Wang Ke and Juri and most of them were sitting in the stands watching that final episode

So I know all about disappointment

As for hyping a fave, here is one who has gone almost un-noticed by most, but she cast a spell on me with her finger tutting and shy embarrassed laugh at the end (let me know if you can see the video)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

argggh why she gotta be in K-group, K-group is stacked :waterr: she has almost no chance :cryingr:

EDIT - I might re-upload that Video, hadn't done that before on youtube and the Video seems a little out of sync? idk just wanted to share that cute moment

• It's always sad when your favs don't make it.

Is that Sihyeon from EVERGLOW?

And Kim Yubin is charming there! Which performance was hers?

• It's always sad when your favs don't make it.

Is that Sihyeon from EVERGLOW?

And Kim Yubin is charming there! Which performance was hers?

Yeah things worked out well for Sihyeon

Yubin was in the Whattaman (ioi) performance

External Content www.youtube.com

She did well here, but sadly it is hard not to focus on Rayeon who just vocally collapsed in the performance, I like all 4 of these GIrls here with Jiwon and Yubin in my Top 10 Girls

Rayeon is allot better than what she showed here, but you gotta take your opportunities when you get them and she didn't

• This is for those people who can't lol.

People lose their minds over these things.

Haha.

I mean every survival show I've watched was after the fact since i only got into kpop in 2019 - way after sixteen, pd101, pd48 etc etc so I guess I already knew the results whilst watching but even with GP999 I'm just enjoying the show/drama/performances etc lol

as I always say don't take kpop tht seriously

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!