Have you ever thought what your life would be without internet?

• I think my life would be completely different if the internet would not exist.

I was around 12 years old once I could actively use the internet. Before I start using the internet, I had a lot of friends, like over 30. I was always going outside with my bike seeking a new adventure, that's why I had so many friends back in the day. I was not the kind of person who wanted to spend time at home at all.

After I start using the internet, I spend less and less time with my friends. Now I have only one friend left. Media supply replaced all my previous friends. I don't even see my current best friend every week. It feels like I have become a completely different person.

I can only imagine what my life would be like now if the internet would never exist. I would probably build my own house and have a wife and some kids. Instead, I spend a peaceful life alone now. Now I use most of my free time watching Youtube videos, news, and the stock/crypto market. I have become completely nerd.

• I grew up in the 70’s where internet was light years away. It didn’t exist and you can’t miss what you never had. I could live without it today, there are other ways to keep abreast of world events like television and newspapers. Internet can be beneficial and educational but also destructive and I feel a lot of societal issues would be reduced without it.

• I would be more bored
    • I would've saved money cause I never would've found stuff I like
    • I might never evolved a personal taste in music, fashion,...
    • People would constantly tell me I need wifi for this and that
    • It would be very hard to find adresses and telephonenumbers in a new place or just in general, for example when you need to find a doctor you never been to and don't know the adress or telephonenumber of them
    • If you go somewhere and might feel getting lost, it would suck if you can't ask someone for directions, thanks that google maps exist
    • If you wouldn't have wifi and you get forced to do some stuff online that you might can't skip than it would suck to tell everyone "I can't, I have no wifi" and they might don't belive you cause how should they even know your home?
    • Reading a lot usefull and maybe even hourly updated news, especially in this time where you allways need to know for example what kind of restrictions you got to go outside or if it got lifted etc.

There are so many benefits you have when using the internet and I don't like to be like a old grandma who spends her day by sitting at the TV only ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• My teen years was without internet. It was fine. Just the scale and speed would be different. Instead of having the whole world at your fingerprints, I'd be more confined to local stuff. Otherwise, I don't think much would change as I don't use lot of social media tools, just a handful. I think most of my shopping is still done locally. Most of my relationship with people wouldn't be changed that much as I'm still a face to face kinda person.

For anime without internet, I'd go back to mailing fansub groups and trading materials and be more dependent on conventions as well. In this case I'd need to interact with people on more face to face basis than just login in and download a torrent. Importing very specific things (like soundtrack of games/anime) from Japan would be a hassle.

In the future kids will say "Can you imagine life without neuronet?I can't imagine typing or using voice interface to interact! Imagine not being able to share the hivemind or enter other people's heads!"

• I use the Internet for a lot of things. Navigation, studying and quickly finding movies or series to watch.

It saves a lot of time and there's a wealth of information available whenever we need it, which is absolutely amazing and it's been invaluable many times in my life.

However, I also firmly believe that there are aspects of the internet that we would be better off without. Like social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram, tiktok). That stuff just isn't good for anyone's mental health and I personally stopped using social media entirely 3 years ago.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!