food for thought

• stick around and read this quick refresher, because it IS relevant to the forum, etc.

remember when taylor was bullied off the fucking internet?

remember in 2016 how Kim K decided to subtweet her as everyone rallied around her to just absolutely fucking crush her?

cdd.jpg

backstory: in July-ish 2016, kanye called taylor to ask if the line in his song "i feel like me and taylor might still have sex" was okay with her, and she partially agreed to it, what she didn't know was the line after that was "because i made that bitch famous".

so when taylor posted about her feeling of it online, kanye leaked the phone call, proving that she was a snake because she did agree to it (even though the video was edited and she didn't know about the next lyric)- and from there, the hate crashed down on taylor.

(keep in mind he also made a naked wax figure of her for the music video and put it in bed with him)

2017/2018: she releases reputation, embraces herself, recovers, and starts dating the love of her life.

2019/2020: the full audio recording leaks, proving taylor is innocent. everyone is silent. they have nothing to say at all. no apologies, nothing. no "i told you so" from taylor. instead we got some of the probably most saddest content you'll ever come across:

"All the king's horses, all the king's men, couldn't put me together again,

Cause all of my enemies started out friends, help me hold onto you"

"Maybe you ran with wolves and refused to settle down

Maybe I've stormed out of every single room in this town

Threw out our cloaks and our daggers because it's morning now

It's brighter now"

"I'm not cut out for all these cynical clones, these hunters with cell phones

Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die"

"And I was catching my breath

Staring out an open window, catching my death

And I couldn't be sure, I had this feeling so peculiar

That this pain would be for-evermore"

what is the point of this thread? you may ask

think hard, just think.

even if you're still one of those people who think it's cool to hate taylor, i want you to look at the above and really think.

she had to wake up every morning, thinking everyone hated her, and being called a liar

sure, she has a happy ending, but she is forever changed. there is this stigma around her.

do you see the sadness this causes?

cancel culture is getting out of control, it's horrible. all these holier than thou k-netz/antis have so much to say but they've already killed three people.

the truth always prevails in due time.

love some of y'all so much

x. Vi

• I've always loved Taylor's songs but I never told anyone because its seen as immature and bad sappy pop music etc, that didn't change my mind though. I just listened to her songs in secret <3

Now I can fangirl more freely

she's more of an alt artist now after folklore and evermore, it's crazy! proud of her growth +++ you have such good taste in everything i'm-

• I remember back in the day everyone would go around calling her a snake I never understood why? She used to make more pop heavy songs seems like she really grew as an artist I'm happy to see she made it through that whole situation.

• She was seen as "bad taste in music" in highschool, people liked more indie bands like Arctic Monkeys etc

Yeah and today too. They call her music too basic or too boring and if you listened to it you were basic and boring too. A lot of people hate Taylor Swift, but I think her music is good and she's a really talented singer <3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Yeah and today too. They call her music too basic or too boring and if you listened to it you were basic and boring too. A lot of people hate Taylor Swift, but I think her music is good and she's a really talented singer <3

thankfully much less today. ever since she started being more authentic in her songs (cussing, doing what she wanted with the melody etc.) people tended to like that more

• thankfully much less today. ever since she started being more authentic in her songs (cussing, doing what she wanted with the melody etc.) people tended to like that more

Yes, thankfully! I feel like she really added a special twist to her music. I still kind of prefer I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Getting Back Together and Love Story eras over her new music though but she is still really good :)

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!