Will gfriend be affected by Sowon’s actions and possible scandal? *UPDATE*

• ? 198

1. Yea this is pretty bad (81) 41%
    2. It Won’t affect them (44) 22%
    3. Probably should apologize but it won’t make a difference (73) 37%

Man these photos are just awful, I think she should apologize not apologizing will put a huge stop to the JUST growing international fandom they were group?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Seems like Source might make an apology on the subject soon....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by miss-z: Update on subject. ().

• Do Koreans care about nazis that much? Not all places learn and know about the world wars to the same extents.

Lol

What is that for excuse? I actually agree you with your main point.

But definitely not Hitler and his nazi boys.

• Westerners have to understand that in other parts of the world, not everything revolves around Nazi Germany and death camps. During WWII Korea was still a Japanese colony so they had other shit to deal with. Different countries, different histories.

Now, for sure those photos are dumb. Still, don't be a prick about it.

• Official Post

Sowon.....not you too :cryingr: GFRIEND were just growing internationally with their latest comebacks, and now this will probably crash everything to the floor kfjkhjfh

I feel like she needs to release an apology. Even if she probably didn't know who the Nazis were(which I highly doubt, how you not gonna know what ww2 is in 2021???). The picture is still really insensitive and ignorant and she should still apologize. Just because she might not have had ill intent doesn't mean she shouldn't be held accountable.

I'm glad she deleted the pictures, however, she needs to release an apology and I hope she does soon. This was really irresponsible.

Also questioning whoever designed the set for the their comeback show....why tf would you put that there?

• she probably didn't notice and just thought the figure was good-looking. she deleted it anyway and it means she realized it's wrong so don't be too hard on her.

• uhhh what's this then from 4/5 years ago??

• I’m seeing so much defenses for this, and it blows my mind.

The entire reason Koreans hate Japan so much is because of their actions during WWII. Japan was allied with the Nazis. They know, so stop with that shit.

ღ Sulli

• Westerners have to understand that in other parts of the world, not everything revolves around Nazi Germany and death camps. During WWII Korea was still a Japanese colony so they had other shit to deal with. Different countries, different histories.

Now, for sure those photos are dumb. Still, don't be a prick about it.

my country is not considered in the west and we had nothing to do with nazis but i still know about them so :) it's popular culture at this point even if you didn't learn it in school you come across movies, shows, books etc

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• she probably didn't notice and just thought the figure was good-looking. she deleted it anyway and it means she realized it's wrong so don't be too hard on her.

apparently she deleted because it might upset male fans?

• she took the pic in a museum, how could she not know ?

its in the set of their vcr...which just makes me think who tf chose to put that there as an aesthetic :zipr:

also if you guys say they wouldn't know, i find that hard to believe...hitler is strongly associated with ww2, and if you're telling me people don't know much about ww2 then...

• my country is not considered in the west and we had nothing to do with nazis but i still know about them so :) it's popular culture at this point even if you didn't learn it in school you come across movies, shows, books etc

It's not about knowing, it's about how significant it is to you as a person. You can know things and not care much about them because you have zero personal connection. It's unrelated. Korea has never been invaded by the Germans, never fought the Germans. It's quite distant to them. Now Japan is another story.

(btw Japan and Germany being allies? irrelevant. Germany was also allied with Italy. With Russia even at first.)

• Official Post

When are we going to stop making Koreans seem like little babies??? Whenever an idol does something problematic, it's always "They didn't know..." are you serious????

I really find it hard to believe she didn't know about WW2 as a 25 yr old woman living in 2021, but even if she did, it doesn't make the pic any less problematic.

• It's not about knowing, it's about how significant it is to you as a person. You can know things and not care much about them because you have zero personal connection. It's unrelated. Korea has never been invaded by the Germans, never fought the Germans. It's quite distant to them. Now Japan is another story.

(btw Japan and Germany being allies? irrelevant. Germany was also allied with Italy. With Russia even at first.)

Germany didn’t invade the US, yet Americans know about the Nazis. You’re being dumb on purpose.

Koreans know.

ღ Sulli

• External Content twitter.com

loonapop only

Pin by ʀɪɴᴀ on LOOΠΔ | We heart it, Image, Find image

• I suppose she didn't realize the eagle symbol on its hat is the the nazi emblem. Nazi most popular symbol is that swastika. It's just a dumb look but no need to burn her on the stake tho

• At first, the photo shocked me.

But now some of you defending her shocks me even more.

SK school system is very strict, history being one of the main subjects and you try to tell us that she didn't know abt WW2? Most probably, they learnt about it in 4th grade lol.

Museums usually have a caption under or next, with the role of the soldier and the time he lived. How can you be so stupid?

Innocent people died during WW2 and she didn't bother to apologize, she simply deleted it after finding out. Not even a lame excuse, that's horrible.

• It's not about knowing, it's about how significant it is to you as a person. You can know things and not care much about them because you have zero personal connection. It's unrelated. Korea has never been invaded by the Germans, never fought the Germans. It's quite distant to them. Now Japan is another story.

if you know, which she most likely does, isn't it just common sense to NOT do that especially as a celebrity with an audience

• I mean Koreans do hate Japan mostly for WW2 so I doubt they don't know about ww2 and japan being the Nazis allies...but maybe she made a innocent mistake and didn't realize it was a Nazi..?

i could see where your coming from but she shouldve educated herself, its 2021. anyways, if she didnt know, she still needs to apologize, this is getting tiring.

• This is the full video of that vcr. And it is clear that the concept was Halloween/ hunted house/ witch party.

The house seems to be some kind of museum as there are plenty of other historical stuff there. The soldiers are not placed there by the agency as it had no part in the story.

External Content youtu.be

Yes she should apologize for taking that pic.

Edited once, last by Ves: Removed quote of deleted content ().

• Even if you live in an underdeveloped country, they still teach you about world war 2 and nazis in history class. Just saying.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• I highly doubt that most young people outside Western countries would recognize a Nazi outfit.

As I think a lot of Westerners have no clue about some of the things that are considered offensive in other countries.

• This thread contains 253 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!