BTS Grammy, what about a Bonsang for Beiber?

• I see a lot of chatter about BTS and Grammy, American racism and what not.

But many Western songs have done very well in Korean charts most recently Justin Beiber's Peaches.

Do the Korean Awards even consider such songs for their Bonsangs & Daesangs?

Or do they require the song to be in Korean, then Butter, PTD, Dynamite should not win any korean awards?

Haven't seen much discussions about that.

Thoughts?

~~~

Note: Found that MMA has indeed nominated few non Korean acts - Beiber as well.

That's good.

Edited 2 times, last by bbgc ().

• Many countries have local awards. The Grammys are an "exception".

Then isn't it absolute hypocrisy to allege racism about Grammy/The US, when other countries- Korea, lag so far behind, that they don't even recognize the success of a foreign artist in Korea?

Of course, the US would have biases, but at least they are officially open to consider foreign acts for their awards.

• I think the Grammys are more international. Or at least it appears so. So people expect them to be more inclusive.

But they do prioritize their own people.

Hypocritical isn't it?

If kpop is so successful and wants international acceptance, then Korea should have awards like Grammy, which are open to international acts as well.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• I checked, it does seem MMA accepts foreign artists.

Ariana Grande, Billie Eillish, Sheeran, Camilla Cabello have nominations.

That's definitely good.

• R u really going to compare advantages of a white man over asian men? Same grammy who nominated yummy over blinding lights? And moreover grammys call themselves as supreme music awards. Other awards don't

Representation of minorities have always been less. That's why many awards were created, so people of color and minorities can win something. Because of the systematic disadvantage they suffer from. Just take a example. Only 3 women of color has won album of year over decades. Same amount swift won in 12 years. Yikes.

Let some awards for minorities, where they don't have to suffer this systematic bias.

• R u really going to compare advantages of a white man over asian men? Same grammy who nominated yummy over blinding lights? And moreover grammys call themselves as supreme music awards. Other awards don't

Representation of minorities have always been less. That's why many awards were created, so people of color and minorities can win something. Because of the systematic disadvantage they suffer from. Just take a example. Only 3 women of color has won album of year over decades. Same amount swift won in 12 years. Yikes.

Let some awards for minorities, where they don't have to suffer this systematic bias.

And you think that systematic bias will be broken, by lusting for recognitions from that supposed discriminatory order.

That would be pathetic.

So at the end you would go begging to get a prize in the name of being a minority, is it?

Why not dream that the same white man feels the need to be acknowledged by Asian Awards?

Why not make your awards the 'superior' awards?

Puny minds make for puny dreams.

SJW nonsense. Please never tag/quote with on that BS.

• U posted a thread in open forum and the disagreement u cant handle? I was no where disrespectful in my post compared to you

Clearly someone who just want to shut the discussion bcoz they know truth is out to everyone. Stay in ur la la land , where you clearly ignore the discrimination of the system to begin with and make it sjw issue. The reason many awards were starteđ bcoz people of color were robbed and are robbed even today. When it is actual rightful issue. And being selective at argument. We can see whose mind is puny here

• U posted a thread in open forum and the disagreement u cant handle? I was no where disrespectful in my post compared to you

Clearly someone who just want to shut the discussion bcoz they know truth is out to everyone. Stay in ur la la land , where you clearly ignore the discrimination of the system to begin with and make it sjw issue. The reason many awards were starteđ bcoz people of color were robbed and are robbed even today. When it is actual rightful issue. And being selective at argument. We can see whose mind is puny here

I missed the most hypercritical party of this

Garbage.

The fact that Korea is one of the most homogenous societies with very poor reputation in treating of any 'others' ang Kpop an industry with bad reputation with respect to diversity.

Have some shame. Fix those issues, before preaching about others.

But the hypocrisy and lack of Shane, is symptomatic of your ilk.

• Don’t Max and Anne win something?

And it’s understandable if western acts don’t make it to big categories in some award shows. Some of them the criteria is Korean like the KMAs

Also the Grammy likes to see itself as a global award show, awarding several foreign genres. So if they exclude certain acts that aren’t white, it’s extremely xenophobic

• Says the one who turned blind eye to the actual systematic discrimination and had no answers, justifying that, when facts were posted. Pls have a mirror and see ur trump level ilk u belong to. Have shame discrediting the struggles of people of color

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!