How do you deal with karen in your work place ?

• karen as in she always want to tell me what I do and compare herself with me as if I tried to leave early she like why you leaving now , and ask if I got premission to leave early , if I have more points then her she like why you only one who got this grade , and alot of things of this nature .

she also look at me in way I dont know how to discribe it but obviously not nice way to look at someone who didnt do anything to you.

I try my best to ignore her and mind my own bussiness but she just keep doing what she do , and I am reaching my limits .

notices: she not superior in position we all working on same level , and grades cuz this is my internship so we get points for requirements/attendence , if we left with out premission we could get punishments .

dont know if she would have snitched on me but I do try to be careful all time and always get premission before leaving early , maybe she was jealous I got to leave early but I finished my work early so why do I have to stay doing nothing .

when I told ber I got premission , she looked so upset about it .

again she not my supervisor or above me in rank we same position .

need advice on how to endure and deal with her , I try my best to avoid her but it hard to keep claim with her watching my every move .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have no idea about what would be the best move in this situation, but be kind to her and trust yourself and your competence. If you're getting better grades it's 'cause you deserve them.

Overcompetitive people are just insecure and they hate the ones who do well and know it.

Fighting back and asking her about why she behaves like that might be a problem, especially since you're an intern, but realizing that you're actually a threat to her can help you endure this situation better.

I'm sure that this situation is not intentional, but stuff like these happens a lot and we can't do much but doing our work and trying to let this not affect us mentally.

P.S.: this comes for a person who hates and avoids confrontation at best, so you might take this as just what I'd do in this situation.

• I waited until she fucked up big time as she was being racist towards me and then I went to my manager with 2 more people and filed a formal complaint of racism against her and HR basically told her "you either quit or we fire you". She chose to quit.

~ ω

• if she's constantly on your case and flight doesn't work or distancing doesn't work then fight back...

when i mean fight obviously revenge is a dish best served with evidence...

so many things can be he said she said...so you need evidence of her being a b**** towards you...get things in writing...through email...with witnesses...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!