Controversial opinion incoming #8

• This is not directed against any user in particular, or any fandom in particular so if you decide to come in and get offended for literally zero reason that's on you

I can never understand how people use charts to determine the quality of a song, on whether or not the song is good or bad. Or when people uses chart as a counter-argument to rebut against people who dislike the songs of your faves. People can have an opinion saying that "I don't like this song" and you be like "OH BUT THE CHARTS SAYS OTHERWISE" or be like "BUT WHERE ARE YOUR FAVES ON THE CHARTS" and I'm like bitch shut the fk up? What does charts got to do with how good a song is? You guys need to stop using the chart performance of a song, to determine the quality of a song.

Lets use Brave Girl's Rollin as an example. Like what, Rollin was a trash song in 2017 and didn't top the charts, but now in 2021 the exact same song suddenly INCREASE IN QUALITY because it top the charts? I mean if you can say yes to this question then you don't belong on the fking internet. Same goes for every other song, doesn't mean that the song doesn't chart, means it's trash. I see people be like "BG songs aren't charting they are noise music only GG songs chart" and use it to trash the quality of the song.

If a song charts well, good for them. If it doesn't, it doesn't magically make the song any less bad. And people need to stop using the "chart performance of their faves", to downplay the music quality of other groups that you don't stan period.

You may say but hey icy, those idiots like to use this argument saying that "the song charts well only because the fans stream it" and use chart performance to downplay how good the song actually is? So what you got to say about that? Why shouldn't I use chart performance to downplay their faves since they come for my faves in the first place. My answer to you, is fking use your brain. If they come for their faves, you GO FOR THEM INSTEAD, NOT GO FOR THEIR FAVES. WHAT THE ACTUAL FK DID THEIR FAVES EVER DID TO YOU? SETTLE YOUR SHIT IN THE DMS GET A FKING ROOM

kthxbye

1. Controversial opinion incoming #1
    2. Controversial opinion incoming #2
    3. Controversial opinion incoming #3
    4. Controversial opinion incoming #4
    5. Controversial opinion incoming #5
    6. Controversial opinion incoming #6
    7. Controversial opinion incoming #7
  • I can never understand how people use charts to determine the quality of a song, on whether or not the song is good or bad. Or when people uses chart as a counter-argument to rebut against people who dislike the songs of your faves. People can have an opinion saying that "I don't like this song" and you be like "OH BUT THE CHARTS SAYS OTHERWISE" or be like "BUT WHERE ARE YOUR FAVES ON THE CHARTS" and I'm like bitch shut the fk up? What does charts got to do with how good a song is? You guys need to stop using the chart performance of a song, to determine the quality of a song

8 conseils pour bien préparer sa présentation orale

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel like this applies perfectly

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel like this applies perfectly

She has a very good point.

• PREACH

This is also the reason i dislike awards shows btw. All these charts and numbers of albums being sold and whatnot depend on how big the fandom is. Sometimes a popular artist can release a shit song but the same will sell and do well on chart despite its quality cos the fandom will eat that up. Lemme use my faves for example so others don't think i'm talking for everyone else but my faves, bp's best charting song on bb100 is Ice cream, a song that i literally refuse to acknowledge it exists in their discography and so do a lot of blinks, but hey it broke records just cos we are a big fandom and we love the girls so the fandom will support no matter what.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Saw1.gif

Honestly I'm so tired of charts and numbers used as a way to have dick-measuring contest.

People claim they are there for the music and then act like success stans a hot minute later.

Side-note but I'm also someone who couldn't care less what the GP likes in general. GP has shit taste 90% of the time. They will eat what is given to them by the TV and the radio, and not even know the name of the act they are boping to most of the time.

• Brave girls situation really made me think that how many good songs out there are being buried alive just because people don’t know the artist who is singing them. A song that came out 4 years ago suddenly rise in chart and beating every others’ record left and right so imagine how many lost potentials we have wasted

• It all ends up to someone’s personal taste. If you like it, it’s a good song. If u don’t like it, it’s a bad song. Charts, sales, streams are another indicator of how well a song is liked. One cannot discredit a song saying it’s bad cos it didn’t make it up to the charts if they are unknown . Don’t also discredit artists saying their songs are only doing well cos of their fans just bc you don’t like it. It goes both ways. A song has to be liked to certain extent for it to be doing well. Anyways at the end it’s up to ones taste. Rollin rollin made it up to the charts bcos it was always popular among the military but unknown to general mass. They only needed the viral video to alr spread their good song and performance. Bcos general public won’t stream a bad song for this long

• Good point. And that is why we use awards that are based on quality and critical acclaim

Some users on AKP also think that just because they have an opinion that a song is trash, then it is a FACT that the song is bad.

For me it goes both ways.

I think there should be a clear line between Opinions and Facts

• Lol “critics” are full of bias too.

If I think a song is good a bunch of old dudes sitting on a panel aren’t going to convince me some other song is better. Sure someone thinking a song is bad won’t make it trash. But neither should so called critics nor sales be a means of trying to convince me I “should” be liking some other song.

Lack of recognition is not lack of quality either.

• Only in K-pop I've seen people using music charts as a measure of song quality. Is there anything special that only Koreans have? I haven't seen people using western charts as a measure of song quality.

But, in truth, they only cherry-pick them. They use them to validate their faves and then proceed to shit on any non K-pop song on the charts and say that Koreans have no taste.

• I think everyone should see this. So, Im bringing it back.

• We don't have to use anything to measure something that's inherently subjective. Critics are humans too, not machines designed to measure quality, so their OPINIONS are influenced by personal taste and preferences just like us.

Do you only like songs that won awards at these obscure award shows that are based on quality and critical acclaim?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!