Toxic standards in korea 3...2...1... GO!

• It's a big concern indeed. Women tend to avoid using public bathrooms for this reason. I was told there was even a special police force for this but there's not much they can do.

Be really careful if you go.

I plan to, if I do go I plan on asking my male friend who's parents grew up there and spent a large part of his childhood there, to go with me. As he has warned me of a couple areas to avoid in the country, but said most of the time I should be safe to grab ice cream at 2 am in most areas. I just don't want to risk it still not knowing anyone so I'll probably ask him to go if I manage to coordinate every thing to go.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• I plan to, if I do go I plan on asking my male friend who's parents grew up there and spent a large part of his childhood there, to go with me. As he has warned me of a couple areas to avoid in the country, but said most of the time I should be safe to grab ice cream at 2 am in most areas. I just don't want to risk it still not knowing anyone so I'll probably ask him to go if I manage to coordinate every thing to go.

I hope you will have a great time and be safe!

• I plan to, if I do go I plan on asking my male friend who's parents grew up there and spent a large part of his childhood there, to go with me. As he has warned me of a couple areas to avoid in the country, but said most of the time I should be safe to grab ice cream at 2 am in most areas. I just don't want to risk it still not knowing anyone so I'll probably ask him to go if I manage to coordinate every thing to go.

Seoul is actually quite save for tourists

You should avoid parts like chinatown at night alone of darker areas around itaewon-do when you're drunk.

I would recommend Yongsan as a quiet but very save place in Seoul

I grew up in Yongsan until i moved in my teens and the crimerate is very low.

• Seoul is actually quite save for tourists

You should avoid parts like chinatown at night alone of darker areas around itaewon-do when you're drunk.

I would recommend Yongsan as a quiet but very save place in Seoul

I grew up in Yongsan until i moved in my teens and the crimerate is very low.

I've been warned and told detailed stories about Chinatown that is definitely somewhere I would only go in the day time. I was told Yongsan was good, and that Seoul has some iffy parts but for the most part is okay. I'd also love to visit Jeonju as it looks beautiful.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• I actually quite liked South Korea and I traveled a lot so I know that each country has its pro and cons. What I hated the most was the starring by some people. It was very safe compared to a lot of countries. Some men can be pushy and touchy in the club which is so annoying. They are very rude towards South East Asians (like I am black and people treated me nicer than my SEA friend). They are very shallow and treat you better the better you look. If you are “ugly” for them which basically means you have no pretty face people can be so rude to you.

• I actually quite liked South Korea and I traveled a lot so I know that each country has its pro and cons. What I hated the most was the starring by some people. It was very safe compared to a lot of countries. Some men can be pushy and touchy in the club which is so annoying. They are very rude towards South East Asians (like I am black and people treated me nicer than my SEA friend). They are very shallow and treat you better the better you look. If you are “ugly” for them which basically means you have no pretty face people can be so rude to you.

But you had no problems as a person of color? I am glad to hear that.

The mindset of a lot of people is still stuck in the 60ies. I am very sorry.

• But you had no problems as a person of color? I am glad to hear that.

The mindset of a lot of people is still stuck in the 60ies. I am very sorry.

I seriously had no problems. The elderly people were very very nice to us and some even gave us their seats in the subway (I am in my 20s). My SEA friend had a lot more problems. People literally bumped into her very hard, treated her really different and sometimes ignored her very harshly.

• I seriously had no problems. The elderly people were very very nice to us and some even gave us their seats in the subway (I am in my 20s). My SEA friend had a lot more problems. People literally bumped into her very hard, treated her really different and sometimes ignored her very harshly.

Wouldn't that be because of xenophobia more likely?

They probably assumed you're from US or some European state, which is "equal" to SK in their opinion, but your SEA friend came from a so-called "poor country" so they treated her differently because of it. Just a guess.

• Wouldn't that be because of xenophobia more likely?

They probably assumed you're from US or some European state, which is "equal" to SK in their opinion, but your SEA friend came from a "poor country" so they treated her differently because of it. Just a guess.

It is xenophobia. They look in general more down on SEA than other countries. I have talked about this with a lot of friends and some people

can be really racist towards black skinned people but they treat SEA people so bad. Funnily my friend is originally from SEA but lives in the US.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!