She should being promoted in china now

• I think she will once ssngg debut. Starship pushed Monsta X there who weren't nearly as popular as her yet they managed to get acting roles in a chinese drama and appearances in chinese variety shows, so it's definitely possible for Wonyoung. Idk how the management for Cravity was but Starship clearly have connections in China.

I wish she sshould knox mandarin but she know basic Words...rumor she is semi taiwanese

Wonyoung can speak OK english with vallery accents and fluent japanese

• That's not really a problem, they will use translators for variety shows and dubbing for dramas.

But I do believe she might be taking mandarin classes.

Yes wonyoung isn't active as others members on Instagram or didn't get job .

she did only post on miu miu event or collab .

Wonyoung is ready for New projet

• I'm not sure Wonyoung wants to be promoted in China. It's complicated and based on speculation but you can tell by her silence on the matter of being Chinese we should respect her actions even if she hadn't said thing openly.

It really started at the beginning of PD48 when MNET initially posted her name with Chinese tranliteration. MNET get their information on each trainee from their agency so it is assumed that Starship released her Chinese name to MNET as Chang Yuanying:

8510251E-AFFC-4172-A13C-6D19DCADC702.png

But this was taken down a day or two later and replaced with Jang Wonyoung. Why is left to conjecture.

We know that Wonyoung's father is an owner of a Chinese restaurant.

C3FF6454-AB3F-478D-AC12-DB871EF0B135.jpeg

He is hwagyo, a Chinese-Korean, who was born in Korea but whose parents came from Shandong, China. Because of politics, most hwagyos who came from mainland China have Republic of China (Taiwan) passports though they might never been to Taiwan.

Hwagyos were heavily discriminated against despite running restaurants that created Korea's iconic jajiang noodles dish. This video gives you some understanding of the issues:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can see why identifying too much with the Chinese side might be an issue.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• oh oh

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!