Did exo decline because of military enlistment?

• I am not sure, sometimes i feel like they just ran out of fuel or something. they started slowing down before enlistment if i am not mistaken.

No they slowed down after enlistment. They were always increasing their sales.

• I think other groups just managed to gain more popularity at a faster rate and EXO eventually ended up getting left behind a little.

But imo that started before enlistment actually began though it definitely didn't help.

• why did you make the thread then? :boredr:

All i can see is their sales. Maybe fans know something i missed like their popularity decline which i don't know when it started exactly. or maybe i am wrong that's why i made a poll.

• It's bit of everything tbh.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I wonder why OP is so interested in a group she doesn't stan :/

EXO*literally doing nothing* *appears once in a blue moon* *announces comeback* *trends everywhere 1 on twitter* *gets 450 k pre-orders without any album details**sells 1.2 million albums with a special album(meant for Exo-L's) without promo and anything * *doing better and breaking almost all of their achievements* *members constantly trending on korean news sites* * members doing very well with their solo promotions and activities

Others : Exo lost their hype, exo has declined because of enlistment, exo has beens

Ahh yes maybe i hallucinated about them doing better than most kpop groups even though they are a 9 year old group , but thanks for your concern :pepepizza:

• Declined? There is a 18 months gap between Obsession and Dftf. No group activities, no online concerts... They were basically in a hiatus. The members focused on solo careers and they were all very successful. They have the best selling subunit and soloists. And after a long time when they released dftf, it did pretty well, 1.2M physical sales, also broke their previous Spotify, itunes, chinese digital sales record with no promotion. They are a 10 year old group of course it wont be the same like when they released growl or call me maybe. But they are still gaining new fans. So you tell me

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

*dftf sales are not included

• All i can see is their sales. Maybe fans know something i missed like their popularity decline which i don't know when it started exactly. or maybe i am wrong that's why i made a poll.

i don't think sales alone are an accurate indication of decline. physical sales in general improved a lot in the past few years, practically everyone started having better sales regardless of the size of their fandom or their standing in the kpop popularity tiers.

for example, SJ sold more with their 2019 and 2021 albums than any album they released between 2009 and 2012 (not counting repacks) even though that period was their peak and no one would argue that they didn't decline just because their physical sales improved. I think decline shows more when a group starts losing impact and relevance and their hold on the industy starts loosening.

• I am not sure, sometimes i feel like they just ran out of fuel or something. they started slowing down before enlistment if i am not mistaken.

You were mistaken.

DMUMT’s impact and hype was EXO’s career high.

Love Shot gets 300k views on YouTube 3 years since it’s release that makes it one of the BEST performing kpop songs on the platforms of all times.

DMUMT is a huge career peak for exo make no mistake about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!