Did you guys feel the HYBE influence in SVT's "Ready to Love"?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They raised an interesting point and now they have done it, I see the influence clearly.

Going through SVT's discography, Bumzu and Woozi has certain type of production which is unique to SVT, after the acquisition of Pledis.... I can see for the first time a major change in their musical direction.

I have seen a few carats say this before but I dismissed it because I didn't have much knowledge about their discography before....but now...

I can see why Carats were scared of HYBE influence....

The song itself is good, but quite different from SVT the more I listen to it, I see the difference.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Ready to Love definitely sounds different from other Seventeen song, especially tts, and I would say it's most likely due to the amount of people working on this song compared to before including Bang (whether or not it's a good thing is due to an individual). All their other songs (to my knowledge) only have Woozi, Bumzu, sometimes Prismfilter, and some other Seventeen members working on them. And even though it's hard to pin point exactly what it is you can tell no matter the concept or the genre that it has the distinct Seventeen sound

While I didn't entirely dislike RTL, I definitely hope they cut back down to the usual 3 + other members because that's the Seventeen sound I love and what they're known for. Also was not a fan on some of the mixing and how noisy some parts got

I do think some fans got a tad dramatic about this comeback though and exaggerated how bad the song is. Especially considering the rest of the album is still distinctly Seventeen

IM NAYEON 2022.06.24

Edited once, last by th17e ().

• It definitely still has the svt sound but it sounds more rounded and structured than their previous releases except the first ones. One can definitely see bangpds influence on this but more like he just helped them with his expertise in song writing instead of changing their signature sound

Imo, people put too much emphasis on the acquisition of pledis. What I mostly noticed that the production value of most artists has gone up and this could be through the broader budget and skill resources hybe can offer compared to pledis alone.

• Ready to Love definitely sounds different from other Seventeen song, especially tts, and I would say it's most likely due to the amount of people working on this song compared to before including Bang (whether or not it's a good thing is due to an individual). All their other songs (to my knowledge) only have Woozi, Bumzu, sometimes Prismfilter, and some other Seventeen members working on them. And even though it's hard to pin point exactly what it is you can tell no matter the concept or the genre that it has the distinct Seventeen sound

While I didn't entirely dislike RTL, I definitely hope they cut back down to the usual 3 + other members because that's the Seventeen sound I love and what they're known for. Also was not a fan on some of the mixing and how noisy some parts got

I do think some fans got a tad dramatic about this comeback though and exaggerated how bad the song is. Especially considering the rest of the album is still distinctly Seventeen

Whoever says that must be lying to themselves. Like come on, it is well produced... It can't be considered bad song in any way, shape or form...

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Whoever says that must be lying to themselves. Like come on, it is well produced... It can't be considered bad song in any way, shape or form...

I think it was just some fans being mad about Seventeen's sound being messed with and just Hybe overall so they took it out on this song. Complaints and critiques are valid but a lot of carat went overboard to the point that they were essentially just insulting everyone who worked on the song including Woozi and Bumzu :pepenomad: If any other group released this song, I doubt they'd have such a problem with it

• I think it was just some fans being mad about Seventeen's sound being messed with and just Hybe overall so they took it out on this song. Complaints and critiques are valid but a lot of carat went overboard to the point that they were essentially just insulting everyone who worked on the song including Woozi and Bumzu :pepenomad: If any other group released this song, I doubt they'd have such a problem with it

Yeah. Attacking Bumzu and Woozi won't do anything.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• it was hilarious to see some carats on twitter acting like Bang PD was the boogeyman who ruined SVT, accusing him of being a terrible person and what not... it's ridiculous. it's a good song that really really got me, I found myself at work humming the chorus out of the blue too many times. people were and still are way too dramatic about this tbh.

TXTBTS ⋆ SVT ⋆ LSFM ⋆ EN- ⋆ NJ ⋆ &T ⋆ BND ⋆ TWS

56cc9e7c54e27627536aa2a9ceb392a9b9564895.gifv ff09faf5933fd4d58778d9402ecd7a36eb5851b6.gifv

• Tbh I never listened SVT until now. I checked out they titles but they wasn’t my taste. I do like this album a lot lmao It might be the “Hybe power” but I swear there are people who only complained because the it’s Hybe… do you know what I mean? The fact that Pledis is part of Hybe is good enough reason to shade it for them.

• Tbh I never listened SVT until now. I checked out they titles but they wasn’t my taste. I do like this album a lot lmao It might be the “Hybe power” but I swear there are people who only complained because the it’s Hybe… do you know what I mean? The fact that Pledis is part of Hybe is good enough reason to shade it for them.

which is ridiculous tbh

TXTBTS ⋆ SVT ⋆ LSFM ⋆ EN- ⋆ NJ ⋆ &T ⋆ BND ⋆ TWS

56cc9e7c54e27627536aa2a9ceb392a9b9564895.gifv ff09faf5933fd4d58778d9402ecd7a36eb5851b6.gifv

• Official Post

I like the song, but it's definitely missing something that makes it stick out to compared to their previous title tracks.

There are valid reasons to be upset with things since the merger, but this song isn't one of them.

The funny thing about this album is that literally only RTL included Bang and the rest of the new producers. So fans who complained about the album overall and didn't support the comeback were complaining about Woozi's, Bumzu's, Prismfilter's and the other members' work who are the ones who have made literally every other Seventeen song they love :pepenomad: Make it make sense, any carat who hated the entire album most likely hated it for reasons unrelated to the music because every single bside has the usual producers and kept the Seventeen sound

• The funny thing about this album is that literally only RTL included Bang and the rest of the new producers. So fans who complained about the album overall and didn't support the comeback were complaining about Woozi's, Bumzu's, Prismfilter's and the other members' work who are the ones who have made literally every other Seventeen song they love :pepenomad: Make it make sense, any carat who hated the entire album most likely hated it for reasons unrelated to the music because every single song has the usual producers except for RTL

Really? I don’t check credits lol That’s makes it even more ridiculous if they complain about the full album.

:eyes:

I should check out more SVT stuff then just the titles then if the boys make stuff like this…

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!