Do you think BTS is hitting a wall?

• Napoleon Bonaparte ascended to the throne of Emperor of France on Dec 02, 1814.

Obviously other countries had different opinions, and encouraged by England, Austria , Prussia(Germany) and Russia attacked Napoleon.

Napoleon beat Russia and Austria at Austerlitz on Dec 1805, defeated the Prussians at Jena on 1806 and defeated the Russians at Friedland on 1807.

However, despite of these shining victories, the Spanish launched a guerilla war against him, of course financed from London. Napoleon was never really able to vanquish the Spaniards.

Austria was getting uppity again so Napoleon went to attack it on 1809.

However, at Aspern-Essling the Austrians actually beat the Emperor, and in the subsequent battle of Wagram, only numerical superiority (Napoleon had 170,000 men while the Austrians had 130,000 men) led to a hard won victory. Wagram was Napoleon's last major victory.

Why?

Because other countries were copying Napoleon's methods and were changing their forces to deal with the French.

====

BTS's most brilliant triumph was Boy with Luv, in 2019.

Although BTS had other hits, I do think that among international fans BwL will be the most lasting song.

In 2020, with the Covid epidemic, Dynamite propelled BTS to the top singer position of the world. (I do not count Savage Love since BTS did not play a major role there.)

Life Goes on was another triumph, sung in Korean (although with some English lines). cementing their superiority over the rest of the world.

However, BTS left some ulcers back home, with IU largely retaining her influence over the domestic population and ready take over Korean Pop's initiative if BTS ever got behind, and the trottists, like the Spanish against Napoleon, never really vanquishable because of Korea's demographic getting older.

Now, Butter had a hard time defeating Olivia Rodrigo's good 4 u, and like Napoleon winning at Wagram only because of weight of numbers, BTS only won against Rodrigo because of the heavy purchases by Army in US.

Although Hybe purchased Scooter Brown's agency and gained control of Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and J. Balvin ( a huge Latin pop star), that led to the disbandment of Gfriend, and while GF's fans are not numerous enough to change the picture, Hybe gained a dedicate segment of fans who will not support it, and with the slow rise of txt, some people are still questioning the future of Hybe after BTS. GF's Eunha covered IU's Lilac, showing she turned to IU's side, something like Napoleon's general Jean Bernadotte turning against him, becoming the King of Sweden and coming to fight his erstwhile monarch at 1813.

Hybe is lucky that KakaoM was devoting a lot of time trying to fight against Spotify (and eventually surrendering to there) so did not have time to from an alliance against it.

And, Olivia Rodrigo wanted a collabo with BlackPink, something which I think will take place. Unlike Archduke Karl, who had defeated Napoleon at Aspern-Esseling but was defeated at Wagram though no fault of his own, and was ostracized and essentially retired after that, Rodrigo is not willing to go easily and will try to put BTS into a bind by allying with BlackPink.

Napoleon eventually exhausted his forces against Russia in 1812.

BTS has not faced the two biggies, Adele and Ed Sheeran, because they chose to release their albums after the pandemic was mostly over.

Ed Sheeran has already announced that he will release a new album this year, and while Adele, who was rumored to release an album last year but did not do so, has not made up her plans yet she will still probably outsell BTS.

With BTS seen to be barely beating Olivia Rodrigo, whom few people had heard about till this year, Ed Sheeran and Adele will want to jump to the ring and fight BTS's world control.

I wonder how BTS would answer these challenges, by older acts and newer acts, and domestically by IU and the trottists. At least IU won't fight BTS for quite a while, but the trottists will continue to be a thorn at BTS's feet in Korea.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• This is a good way to revise. I have a test on French Revolution today.

• You said two things which i agree with wholeheartedly.

BWL is BTS's digital peak and i think their most lasting song. It's Gaon points will never be matched by another BTS song.

And the Olivia point is obvious.

The only point of contention: I think TXT could supplant BTS sooner than we think. Their last song was a mfing GEM, it's my favorite BG song since Zombie last year.

• The historical analogy is nonsensical.

It's just music, it's not that serious.

Pop is very important since it controls the hearts and minds of the world populace

In a world without major wars, cultural wars are very important and for now BTS dominates the world's pop culture

But how long it will last will be a very important question to ask since the challenges against BTS are cropping out from predictable and unpredictable (like Olivia Rodrigo) sources.

• Your opinion is well thought out and of course you are entitled. Ed and Adele are certainly big and have fans but nothing about their new releases is guaranteed. As one Dj weighed in on OLivia Rodrigo-will we remember her in six months.

• Official Post

I get it, you're a history buff trying to get us to learn more about history by including BTS! :claps:

Are you next BlackpinkHouse ? Biblical tale of David and Goliath with a BTS twist!

A+ for imagination guys!

• GF's Eunha covered IU's Lilac, showing she turned to IU's side, something like Napoleon's general Jean Bernadotte turning against him, becoming the King of Sweden and coming to fight his erstwhile monarch at 1813.

:angryr:

But I have to admit, if all the historical data here are correct, you are subconsciously teaching lol kpop stans history by linking (very creatively) with what’s happening in kpop.

Kudos

• BTS' music has become quite bland as Hybe seeked more success in North America, which reduced its adventurous spirit.

A collabo between Olivia Rodrigo and Roseanne Park will be very powerul.

TXT has its own style but Hybe had intended it as the "Shinee" to TVXQ. Txt will have to be managed quite differently to gain more overseas success.

• Sorry but I find this as garbage. Every time BTS releases and achieves more, we get more asinine theories about them peaked, declining, breaking up, challenges from other musical acts bla bla bla. BTS keep growing, keep setting records (hello Beatles, BeeGees and now the Jackson5).

• I swear people have been talking about BTS's declining since 2016.

Is ARMY still growing ?

If so, BTS isn't declining. Anything else doesn't matter. We'll get through any obstacles eventually.

By the way what destroyed Napoleon is his own ego and hubris before anything else :yesr:

• Please god let BTS decline. I need a ticket to the fucking sold out show at Soldier Field and don’t want to pay resale of almost $3000 for 16 rows from the stage.

• I’ll tell you what. If after eight years Olivia Rodrigo is still breaking YouTube and streaming records and the demand for her Stadium concerts push prices of her tickets into the thousands of dollars well then I will definitely eat these words.

Don’t worry I’ll wait right here.

• They didn't "barely" manage to get to no.1, they debuted with the highest points for a song in 2021

I wouldn't say she is "defeated" but still, BTS held their own in the first week

TXT's recent comeback song?

You can thank RM for that, it was his idea to make it the title track

• So now token stanning TXT in the hopes of them surpassing BTS. You keep getting more and more pathetic.

• OR ain’t a threat until she sells out stadiums. I hope she’s remembered later on in her career when this era is over. The way DL was everywhere the beginning of this year and now we barely hear of it anymore. It makes you wonder what will happen if her songs are taken off playlists. I still hear off blinding lights, dynamite and Wap even into the middle of this year.

Adele and BTS won’t ever compete because they have the same distributor. The last thing CR will do is not be able to milk as much profits as they can from the album releases of these two acts. So that’s not a problem. Ed’s last single Everglow didn’t do all that well commercially so I can’t really say his album will smash when it’s released but I’m still looking forward to it. Apart from Drake he’s the next biggest act on Spotify and it won’t be a reach to say he’s the next artiste I consider global when it’s not BTS since he charts basically everywhere

• They didn't "barely" manage to get to no.1, they debuted with the highest points for a song in 2021

I wouldn't say she is "defeated" but still, BTS held their own in the first week

TXT's recent comeback song?

You can thank RM for that, it was his idea to make it the title track

Really? Did he help in the writing of it? I've been praising it non stop since it came out. That is the kind of emo power ballad chorus i dream about from Kpop BGs. Would have been even better if they all sang the chorus to make it a true 80s hair metal anthem lol. I cant stop listening to it...the boys even looked cool in this stage version.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How Bwl is BTS's peak when Dynamite was top 10 song of world in just 4 months by ifpi?

Butter has double the streams compared to that industry 's plant , not just because they did good in west, but dominated east

Billboard global ( world chart ) ranked Butter global number one

It is breaking Dynamite 's records

Kpopies and their alternate universe theories!

BTS is digimon in korea and biggest of third gen. Iu might be number one on digitals, but BTS's impact goes beyond cheap digitals. They are bringing billions of usd economic effect. Winner f order of merit.

BTS is in discussion with Ed, Adele , that is their level now. Best selling group, best selling man and best selling woman on planet. Don't worry about them. They are on way to 100 million EAS faster than Ed

• So now token stanning TXT in the hopes of them surpassing BTS. You keep getting more and more pathetic.

Wut? If i ever became a full on TXT stan, i might be the only "true" stan there is. X(

That means they converted me into a stan based on their music, not because i'm a HYBE stan or a casual listener/hardcore fan of BTS.

TXT deserves fans of their own, not Hybe cultists or fake Army multis who would throw TXT under the bus if they ever challenged BTS in the charts.

And if i ever became a stan, of course i would want TXT to surpass BTS, why would you expect anything else? This isnt a cult, anyone is allowed to stan TXT and hate/dislike BTS. Plenty of NCT fans dont care for EXO and vice versa, plenty of Sones dont care for RV and vice versa, plenty of Blinks dont care for Treasure and vice versa. It seems only Army gets all bent out of shape if a MOA dares to "step out of line" and admit they dont care for BTS. :rolleyes:

• OR ain’t a threat until she sells out stadiums. I hope she’s remembered later on in her career when this era is over. The way DL was everywhere the beginning of this year and now we barely hear of it anymore. It makes you wonder what will happen if her songs are taken off playlists. I still hear off blinding lights, dynamite and Wap even into the middle of this year.

Adele and BTS won’t ever compete because they have the same distributor. The last thing CR will do is not be able to milk as much profits as they can from the album releases of these two acts. So that’s not a problem. Ed’s last single Everglow didn’t do all that well commercially so I can’t really say his album will smash when it’s released but I’m still looking forward to it. Apart from Drake he’s the next biggest act on Spotify and it won’t be a reach to say he’s the next artiste I consider global when it’s not BTS since he charts basically everywhere

Afterglow wasent a single, it was just a one off he wrote and randomly dropped at christmas, still has 200 million streams on spotify.

his actual comeback for his new album will be big

• That Olivia Rodrigo bit is so dumb. I did not expect that from you WhyKnock. I thought atleast you do your research before writing this stuff. Okay now read this and tell me if it was really "barely".

BTS being mentioned alongside Ed Sheeran and Adele (probably the most respected male and female solo artists in the world) is not a drag that you think it is. Also both of them won't release their album in 2021. Probably a single but not an album. These western artists have to put out atleast one single to make prople aware that they are still making music. They don't have enough fans waiting for them to release album without a pre-release (unless they don't want to earn enough money). Adding to that I personally feel BTS global reach is bigger than both of them.

BTS will continue to be the most respected artist in korea as long as they're making music.

You'll see that when BTS gets exempted from military service and not many would be opposing the decision (seems pretty far fetched but it isn't when you think about it).

• The only cult you belong to is a pressed af by BTS and want to see them defeated one. Can't take anything you say seriously anymore cause it is only driven by one intent. Lmao. When everything for you revolves around who will overthrow BTS, that makes you the definition of a pathetic anti.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!