Some peoples dilemma with YG’s Big3 position!

• On one hand, they want to see them loosing their Big3 position cause they hate YG with passion and they can than use it to discredit and downplay their Groups for “ not being able to save their company” as well …

But on the other hand they realized that if YG isn’t considered a Big3 company anymore, they can’t use the Big3 YG card to discredit and downplay their Groups when they achieved something big either …

What a dilemma :S

• I dont know it is big 3 or not, but Yg being non big 3 won't take away its influence and power in industry or its budget. It still remains a huge cooperation either way.

Losing big 3 position won't take away its status as mega company. Or suddenly it won't go bankrupt or lose its power. Its act will still have huge yg brand like other 3 companies

The only acts who were like non privileged from big 4 companies were like Rain, bigbang, hot and BTS. Others have privilege. And future acts will have too. A big branding from debut. All of big 4.

• If YG is not in Big3 anymore, the only groups debuted after 2021 will be considered as not having a Big3 privilege. The older groups will still be considered with Big3 privilege because they enjoyed that luxury since debut.

Hope that will ease your mind about what a non YG stan thinks (since you asked. But who cares, really lol)

• Big 3 as a term has nothing to do with their profits. It's a term used to defined 3 companies: JYP, SM, YG.

It has to do with the number of big artists that they produced. And let's be honest, if you combine these 3 companies you have quite a few dominating acts in all the categories for their respective years.

Also before somebody says HYBE, HYBE is not considered Big 3 because they are not big.

They are HUGE. Deal with it :peperich:

• Does it really matter though? JYP was a very distant 3rd for years and that didn't mean they dropped from the big 3 labels. YG even if they don't as well so still be considered a big 3 unless they really REALLY screw up big time (this is a label who's regularly been on the wrong side of the law and still continued without much issue)

• I think people have trouble understanding that 'BIG 3' aren't the three richest/biggest companies. It's the ones who historically shaped the kpop industry.

• If YG is not in Big3 anymore, the only groups debuted after 2021 will be considered as not having a Big3 privilege. The older groups will still be considered with Big3 privilege because they enjoyed that luxury since debut.

Hope that will ease your mind about what a non YG stan thinks (since you asked. But who cares, really lol)

At this point I don’t care what people think of YG… they kinda earned their reputation (they once had the best lol)… it’s more the fact that people wanna use YG’s lack of revenue or profit to come at their Groups .., ESPECIALLY BP.

• I think people have trouble understanding that 'BIG 3' aren't the three richest/biggest companies. It's the ones who historically shaped the kpop industry.

Agreed

At this point I don’t care what people think of YG… they kinda earned their reputation (they once had the best lol)… it’s more the fact that people wanna use YG’s lack of revenue or profit to come at their Groups .., ESPECIALLY BP.

Well certainly anyone that says that don't know what they're talking about

Ifans never realize YG is a multinational conglomerate. They have a dozen subsidiaries and are in different industries and invested in different industries. They're one of the biggest actor management companies in Korea. So they're more than a music label.

And don't look now, but last Friday YG surpassed JYP in market cap and will most likely end the day surpassing SM as well.

Also I've sort of had a backlog of articles I haven't posted yet because I haven't had time.

Kpop is basically splitting into 2 alliances:

YG/BigHit/Naver vs. SM/JYP/Kakao

I was going to post a thread but haven't had time. Basically each side have invested with each other and platforms. In fact some news came out just now about the BigHit company YG invested in, Venew. And of course BH invested in YG's subsidiary YGPlus who distributes music for BH now.

In turn,YG is now on Weverse and JYP recently announced they're on SM's Bubble.

Of course there's Naver's influence in the entire technology and entertainment industry. They already have an extremely close relationship with YG, the founder's son being an artist of THEBLACKLABEL not withstanding. Naver owns VIBE streaming with YG, started a real estate development company with YG and is building a VFX/SFX studio with YG and Big Hit on land purchased by YG in which online concerts (Venew) will be held.

Of course Kakao is about to buy out LSM's shares and be the largest stakeholder in SM.

Although Naver owns shares of SM but has larger shares in YG.

Anyway, the above 6 companies are positioning themselves to monopolize entertainment in Korea, not just Kpop.

If you're not a part of it, it just became extremely difficult.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!