South Korean Military officials says postponing BTS enlistment is in Koreans best National Interest!

• Postponing BTS’s Enlistment Is In South Korea’s “National Interest,” Says Senior Military Official

A South Korean senior military official believes BTS should be able to postpone their military service because they increase the value of South Korea’s national brand.

K-W8R4UswO0bEWhDTPX-Dr5SkfzlnrvGOJ2n3zj8VJpsjLzgLdTesKAlxLUsRjVeqFLmMxnVMNz9chXZuT0vWfrsGtBeW8M6tTzMqGo2jIkw7jTu=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

Under a recent amendment to South Korea’s Military Service Act, the seven members of BTS can defer their military service. A South Korean senior military official thinks giving the group the option to postpone their enlistment is in the country’s national interest. DH6yhHdTDYBKZl8s7DkGnMe4Ao8-niPMxt-lYht3I0sUa1vgGdSEbm1pl04iXQ1RgP37zIb0jenV3RDvhxhJE8F9cl-n64JLYnOibjIvMxUJ0w=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| BTS/Weverse

The amendment went into effect on June 23, 2021, and it allows South Korean men who have been recognized for their artistic or athletic achievements to defer their mandatory military service until the age of 30. Y-5MQN554ryBawEwxu6d7pdHpKYIe6DsKYn-BDkyJYjpBW-t1SSR48D6mMuTFxAUbryJlnAqAyls4seXGnTOFHwZ8ueqJ5Kxj1ty-OLu2s-Eyw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| BTS/Weverse

To defer their military service under the new amendment, K-Pop idols must receive cultural merits from the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism.

Usually, only musicians with over 15 years in the industry can receive cultural merits. However, BTS was awarded the Order of Cultural Merit in 2018 just 5 years after their debut to acknowledge their efforts at spreading Korean culture and language throughout the world. 7w_HD2_Ajx8Kt3bNokt2B0V0lsYg2CW0nDOIFvt6phE4rkcYuMsl0isNELtoqsxakETR_ihecQXnzUZpwYK8DAR-YIH6iV8RD86Y0GcVxUGbgw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| Ilgan Sports

An article by UPI stated that Jung Seok Hwan, the head of the Military Manpower Administration, shared the military’s official position with a South Korean newspaper.

He said the decision to give recipients of the Order of Cultural Merit the opportunity to defer their military service was made to “minimize the controversy over preferential treatment.” PlHAmveg_5ncpx_TfetDqSX9n5mQ1Saf_z2paPUQM6BG53piDbyxHMNlgQSXaDMw8QhFoWRU0LvswnnTtLS6Q0uDMb6IhHdvUkNX_Cp-SscVSFjH=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| BTS/Weverse

Jung Seok Hwan further stated that BTS deferring their military service would be in the country’s interest because they “increase the value of the national brand.”

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/W…ervice-BTS/8221626109581/

https://koreajoongangdaily.joi…nt/20210408180600393.html

https://www.mma.go.kr/eng/index.do

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So the law came into effect on 23rd June. This means the formalities for claiming postponement for Jin and Yoongi can officially be started. They can start touring early next year once this gets through.

• Is postponing good for BTS though, I don't know how old everyone is here but I'm old. And I can't imagine doing strenuous training at my age. Now if it was exempt that different but postponing, is going to be hard on them when they do enlist.

• Is postponing good for BTS though, I don't know how old everyone is here but I'm old. And I can't imagine doing strenuous training at my age. Now if it was exempt that different but postponing, is going to be hard on them when they do enlist.

They will be 30 by the time they enlist. That should really be generally, the physical prime of their lives... especially with all the luxury they are afforded to.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• They will be 30 by the time they enlist. That should really be generally, the physical prime of their lives... especially with all the luxury they are afforded to.

30 fine even 31 but if they postpone them another couple of years now your taking 35, 36 and that what I am talking about .

• 30 fine even 31 but if they postpone them another couple of years now your taking 35, 36 and that what I am talking about .

The way I understood it, they can only postpone until age 30... did I read that wrong?

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• The way I understood it, they can only postpone until age 30... did I read that wrong?

No your probably right, sorry I think "I" read it wrong I thought they were already approved for postponement until 30, I thought they wanted to extend it longer.

• Uncomfortable situation. Either way, Jin and Suga will be criticized for this. Either they go and people say they should have waited longer and brought more money to South Korea or they wait and antis will use this as an opportunity to start hate campaigns on the net. Apart from that, Jin and Suga also consider it their duty to do military service.

I hope they will exempt them from military service until BTS could complete a world tour. Whether they join the military one or two years later makes no difference.

• I feel that this whole thing is putting them under unnecessary pressure… Did they themself ever mentioned that they would like to postpone their enlistment?

Would it be fun serving in your 30s when this is now the time to actually enjoy the fruits of your labor?

I can understand the reasoning of this Military head, he wants money for his country… but how would the gp react to this ? I guess this will be another doomed if you do and doomed if you didn’t situation.

Cause now it even feels like they want them to work continuously until they reach 30…

• I just don't understand the fake concern of non-fans & screaming of others related to their postponement.

South Korea knows what is better for their country. And BTS also knows what is better for them. Let them decide what to do by their own in peace.

No oppa's fans & No unnie's fans have the right to even criticize BTS no matter what they decide. It is them who will serve not you. It is South Korea not your country. So, Get the zipper of your mouth up.

I will support BTS whatever they decide.

• Well they can always chose to enlist earlier. Some people enlist as soon as they graduate from H-S to get over with it.

The postponement is just giving them more time to willingly enlist, it's not like it's 'forcing' them to delay their enlistment. BH themselves never asked for any kind of postponement, and the members always said they would go if/when they are called by their country, so it's hard to know where they stand on this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!