Top 10 Most Successful K-Pop Albums by Idol Groups

• Below is a ranking of albums by idol groups that I believe comprise the top 10 most successful (this includes physical sales, digitals [international + domestic], and any certifications). Note: no Japanese albums.

I didn’t double count for Spotify streams, album-exclusive tracks only. Repackages are counted as their own entries.

Before I get asked, MADE is included because of the standard release (all of the singles are included in the tracklist). It’s #9 due to the monster success of the singles run more than a year before the studio album was released.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Fair list. Damn BTS's have massive sales

Korean digitals

World digitals

All around performance . Thats why their EAS grows so fast, because artists either have huge sales or huge streams. But not both of them

They are adding 15 million in every 9 months now to their career total

Their masters is worth in 100s of millions !

• Bruh.... The title made me think EXO was to be included.... But then I saw the list and was disappointed.... But then again, These albums have higher stats....

Also, First.

DMUMT would be fighting with HYYH Young Forever for that 11th spot.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Don't you think wings should be ranked above, as it was released in between digital and streaming era? And sold over 8 million downloads worldwide and then have huge amount of streams too. ( chartmasters reference )

• Oh wow. DMUMT is my personal favorite out of these. You know what? You should make your all time top 10 KPOP albums thread based on your personal opinion....

It would be interesting, I think.

I can try that later on. I do have a lot I enjoy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Don't you think wings should be ranked above, as it was released in between digital and streaming era? And sold over 8 million downloads worldwide and then have huge amount of streams too. ( chartmasters reference )

MADE has millions of Chinese digital sales that have not been counted by IFPI, so MADE stays where it is.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• MADE has millions of Chinese digital sales that have not been counted by IFPI, so MADE stays where it is.

Thnx for clairifying. I had no idea about Made. Even though pricing matters too. ( As ifpi downweighted 40 million chinese song this year to number 7 ) . Wings spotify and high physicals get that advantage. But it is matter of long debate

• Biggest flex on the list:

You never walk alone was the repackage of Wings. The list didn't combine the stats of these 2 albums for placing them on the list Inspite of that both are on the list with their seperate stats.

How can it not be when Queen spring day is on You never walk alone & wings being the best album.

:pepe-toast:

• Biggest flex on the list:

You never walk alone was the repackage of Wings. The list didn't combine the stats of these 2 albums for placing them on the list Inspite of that both are on the list with their seperate stats.

How can it not be when Queen spring day is on You never walk alone & wings being the best album.

:pepe-toast:

ANSWER and 7 are also repackages. 3 in the top 10.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• BTS domination, as expected. They do have both the critical acclaim and the commercial success.

What about Seo Taiji & The Boys and first gen? Seo Taiji sold over 2m per album. I think they should be somewhere on the list.

If youre combining MADE singles with album, you should also add Dynamite physicals sales to BE (40k vinyls + cassettes at minimum + Dynamite CD sales). I dont actually agree with combining at all, but well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!