Great lyrics ≠ great song

• I don't understand when you don't like a song and people come with arguments like these:

1- how could you not like a song with such beautiful lyrics?

2- the message of the song is so important, are you saying you don't agree with the topic?

3- the lyrics matter so much, why can't you see the beauty in this song through it??

4- etc etc about how the lyrics makes the song great and just focus on the lyrics.

I will be honest here (MY OPINION). Lyrics do matter a lot (obviously), but using just this metric to say how great a song is isn't right to me...

A song will be liked bc of the whole production involving the lyrics, beats, instrumentals and etc, etc, etc. It's impossible to value a song solely on lyrics just to "guilt-tripping" people bc they don't like the song. It's impossible to judge a song just on its lyrics when making a song is way more than just writing.

I like meaningful lyrics and i appreciate when artists use important topics and bring awareness to it, but I won't listen to a song just bc of its message if i don't find the sound pleasant to my ears, simple as that.

Anyways, my point is: please stop trying to make others "like" songs bc of it message when in reality the full package of a song includes instrumental and many more things. Guilt-tripping isn't cute neither right.

Disclaimer: I'm not aiming anyone, but I saw kpop fans do it a lot and it's honestly baffling bc liking or not liking a song is so individual that others shouldn't shame you for this.

Byeee! :froghype:

• I agree with you.

I feel like the success of the song usually depends on the MELODY.

The vocals, the dance, the choreo, the production, the SONG.

Sure, in my country some songs used to be bashed because of lyrics which do not make sense. But it still got good views because the song is a bit addictive.

I would say great lyrics, great meaning doesn't mean that song will be on replay.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• A song is a whole package: singing, melody, instruments, lyrics, rapping (if K-pop). You can't have only one and call it a day, you need all of them. One can be the selling point. But, similarly, one can also be the ruining point. In the end, you either like or not the whole package.

• I agree with you.

I feel like the success of the song usually depends on the MELODY.

The vocals, the dance, the choreo, the production, the SONG.

Sure, in my country some songs used to be bashed because of lyrics which do not make sense. But it still got good views because the song is a bit addictive.

I would say great lyrics, great meaning doesn't mean that song will be on replay.

Yes. Liking a song is more easy when you just listen to it and like it or not instead of trying to find 645279 reasons as to why you should like it ...

• Very true. In KPOP, for me I dont think lyrics matter that much. Because, I will read the lyrics in English once, and probably forgot about it 10 mins later. Whats important to me is the melody, instrument, singing vocals and production. But when the lyrics in English, thats a different story. But just because the lyrics are beautiful, doesnt mean that the song cant be bad.

• Very true. In KPOP, for me I dont think lyrics matter that much. Because, I will read the lyrics in English once, and probably forgot about it 10 mins later. Whats important to me is the melody, instrument, singing vocals and production. But when the lyrics in English, thats a different story. But just because the lyrics are beautiful, doesnt mean that the song cant be bad.

I think in kpop everything is extreme tbh. Some put value in the lyrics more to use as a shade rather than appreciating it so i like to look at the whole piece and take in consideration if i feel good/like listening to the song.

• Here's a great song with great lyrics

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think in kpop everything is extreme tbh. Some put value in the lyrics more to use as a shade rather than appreciating it so i like to look at the whole piece and take in consideration if i feel good/like listening to the song.

FACTS. They find new ways to use everything to shade other groups or people nowadays. LOL.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!