Why koreans mostly only stan one group

• Yes I don’t think this is that odd? Even for international fans. I only stan one group and it already takes a ton of my time, lmao. There really is a big difference between stanning and being a fan of a group. I like having a life outside of K-pop too. :/

• Multistans are usually foreigners who only buy albums. It basically ends there.

We go to concerts once a year if we are lucky. If 10 groups visit your country and have concerts, do you go to all 10 concerts because you are a multistan? No. You will probably go to 1 or 2 groups.

In Korea being a stan means you are hella fanatic. You go to all your idols events, concerts, fansigns ( that means you will have to purchase a crazy amount of at least 100 albums to have a chance of getting in),you own every single album, all their merch etc. Unless you are some crazy rich person you can't afford to treat more than 1 to 2 groups like this. That's why.

At the end of the day we are fans and not really stans. Of all the groups in mij sig I only own everything BTS related (all their albums and merch). That would make me a BTS stan and a fan for the rest of the groups. Being a real hardcore stan means pouring money into the group

JO1 | BTS | NCT | TREASURE | BlackPink

8dfce684ba7dbc9d8b05a9fb6b1026fcb53ead98.gifv 

• how do i explain this??ok i studied in korea for a short time before as part of an overseas immersion programme and have korean friends and what i learnt is that they're super loyal to their favourite group, will spent a lot of money, time and effort just to support their faves, they stream, vote and fangirl, basically a lot of effort is spent on this 1 group(yes there are multi's in korea, they're called jap-deok 잡덕 btw lol), that's why many companies try to target to form a fandom-based group who has a sizeable fandom in korea as it brings a lot of income as they buy a lot of album and merch, nothing wrong with that though, it's just like fan culture in korea. i also kinda get it as it's tbh already enough stanning 1 group for me tbh, it's quite tiring for me to get to know new group, so i've been stanning the same group since 2018(and i have no regrets, i'm very happy) so yea....

• What does 'stanning' implies? If it means buying every album, every version, all the merch and such, of course it's gonna get expensive. Although I think you can stan a group and be reasonable regarding the time and money you spend. For example, I'll never buy a f'n lightstick. I can't see the appeal; they're cheesy pieces of plastic. Plus, as an international fan and with covid around, it's not like I'd have any chance to actually use one in a concert anyway.

So to me, stanning is more about following and supporting. And it doesn't seem so hard to me to follow and support a few groups rather than only one.

• that's why it is so extremely important for a kpop group to establish a good korean fanbase before focusing on international activities = because they can survive just on the korean fanbase if things go wrong internationally.

also the reasons as to why loona and ateez doesn't "achieve" much in korea. they have lots and i mean lots of international fans, but are lacking bigger korean fanbases.

• I don't even know if most ifans are multis, I think it might just be an illusion created by the fact that when you visit a kpop community most people there are following multiple groups, but that doesn't mean most fans belong to that category. It would be like going to a community for hardcore fans of cars and coming out of it thinking that all car owners know and care just as much about their cars.

• Well I sympathise. Its hard to be a multi. I just can't get into other groups completely.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• I dropped groups because I could only Stan one whoops

Its just what I am like

I am very obsessive when I like something

My hozier phase let me tell you breathed and lived him I don't think I listened to a song by anyone else during a whole month( this was before I found K-pop where this sort of behaviour is more encouraged)

• Cause they use the word correctly (I know they don’t use). I-fans will call anyone they think is funny and has a few bops someone they stan despite not spending a whole bunch of time on them. Let’s bring what stanning actually means. Y’all are simply fans. It is impossible to stan more than two to three people.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!