Top 100 GOOGLE most searched KPOP idols [2021 Mid-Year]

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS on top always without doing any solo activities.😎 Suga's popularity has really shot up especially in last few years❤

Eunwoo really overpowers others with his solo activities. His popularity throughout asia is no joke😊

Suzy again proving she is 2nd gen top most female idol. Really biggest IT girl of all time

• Damn poor Nancy... backstage nude leak made her rank so high

also surprised not to see more idols who were involved in bullying scandals

I guess the world don't care about it that much as Korea does

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Adding up monthly relative search indexes is really dumb. It makes no mathematical sense.

Some people who start chart accounts lack brains.

• Suga's popularity has really shot up especially in last few years❤

i actually find his popularity interesting. He's such a calm and soft spoken person and on first glance not the most noticable member. I would have never guessed he was the most popular hyung. Not that it matters anyway but i find it surprising

He was at #4 or #5 place overall before daechwita and d-2, the mixtape didn't change much.

• Adding up monthly relative search indexes is really dumb. It makes no mathematical sense.

Some people who start chart accounts lack brains.

Interesting. Care to explain? I don’t know how this thing works so I would appreciate it if you can explain it to me like i’m 5

• IU in the top 10, let's stop this narrative that she isn't popular outside of Korea now :siptear:

Doing scarlett moon, which flopped in korea ,but megasmah in asia and drama opposite Kim soo Hyun , who was coming from , who came from stars pan asian success, raised her profile 100 times in other asian countries. Kdrama was right move by her to get overseas fandom.

• Interesting. Care to explain? I don’t know how this thing works so I would appreciate it if you can explain it to me like i’m 5

In monthly indexes the top idol always gets 100 points, in this case Jungkook. So Jungkook get 100 points each month, even if he goes worldwide super viral. Lets say, for example:

Jungkook: 100 searches, 100 searches,100 searches,100 searches,100 searches, 1 billion searches = 6*100=600 points

Tae: 90 searches,90 searches,90 searches,90 searches,90 searches,90 searches = 5*90 + 0,00=450 points

The difference is only 25%

But in reality the difference in the amount of searches over 6 months is almost 2 million times.

Thats why you cant add up the monthly indexes, it doesnt handle the possible differences in scale of searches well.

Google trends itself weighs all numbers against peak numbers through the whole period and takes average - thats the correct way to calculate it.

So this chart account should not calculate it like this. They should just take google's 12 months or 90 days data and be done with it.

• I don't think they're actually doing that. I've checked some names and the values are compatible with their average in the period. Checking their older rankings, I believe they are normalizing G-Dragon as 100, for some arbitrary reason. It was just a coincidence that Jungkook got 600. Comparing both directly Jungkook should actually be 608, but they are probably doing some intermediate normalizations that lead to a bit different numbers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!