[BTS CONTENT] Is that it for Butter live promotions??!!

• Maybe Dynamite's promos spoiled us as a fandom but Butter's promos this time have been horrendous. It was released right around Festa 2021 and that literally shelved all activities for almost a month. But since then, they performed the song all but 5 times?!!

Out of the five times, Butter was performed for the US audience three times

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And for the Japanese audience two times

And it definitely does not help that they are releasing Permission to dance in two weeks on July 9th?!! Everything about this comeback has just felt like an afterthought.

Then let's next talk about the physical release. I got this message about my cassette (and vinyls)

wt4HLH3.png

The only thing semi-okay about Butter is Columbia doing 1/4th of their job with radio but it still feels like Butter wasn't their intended track they would promote heavily like Dynamite. Dynamite got Samsung, Hyundai, Fortnite, etc plus almost performed over 40 times! Was releasing so close to Festa and the immediate shift to their next single, Permission To Dance, unfair to Butter? Again I loved that most of their energy this year for Festa has been great,

We did get these great perfs!

but it really does feel like Butter got the short end of the stick with LIVE performances and general hype for the fandom compared to Dynamite's run. Anyone else feeling the same way as me? AKP ARMY, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

• Butter promo clashed with Festa so I kinda get why it was cut short.

I think we will get focussed Butter promo from 9th July. They are almost treating it like a re-comeback.

Essentially what I need is a Samsung ad, that is the best type of promo.

Either way Butter is doing so good even with the bare minimum promo.

P.S. I also feel they have something even bigger than Butter up their sleeves :eyes:

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• I agree that Dynamite's spoiled us too much and at the same Butter's promos could've been better. But maybe they will split the promos between Butter and Permission To Dance (?)

I think PTD will have no promo, everything they are releasing this week with regards to the 9th July comeback hints at Butter being the focus.

• I'm tired of people complaining about lack of promo tbh. We got a whole McDonald's meal with Butter in the commercial which is still going on in many countries. Radio has been good...the song been #1 for a month. Like what more do y'all want?

You rather them perform on Corden (they are above that) or have a deal with McDonald's and concerts?

• I don't know If I should be happy that Butter might have more promo or sad that PTD wont :pepe-sad:

I hope they perform both when they have the chance :pepe-sad:

I wanted promo and a MV for PTD too but recently seeing how well Butter is doing with regards to being stable or rising, even after 5 weeks, in music markets around the world, be it on radio or charts. Also with how it is slowly seeping into mainstream consciousness, I would rather Butter be the focus.

• I wanted promo and a MV for PTD too but recently seeing how well Butter is doing with regards to being stable or rising, even after 5 weeks, in music markets around the world, be it on radio or charts. Also with how it is slowly seeping into mainstream consciousness, I would rather Butter be the focus.

They can easily push both songs!

• They can easily push both songs!

Seeing how we have never had that before I doubt they will, but it would be great if that were the case. I will be hopeful for the same cause PTD sounds like a bop just from its name alone.

Btw did you see the rumours about the Coldplay album being out in October? Their fans were speculating July originally. I wonder when we will get the Coldplay feat now.

• I wanted promo and a MV for PTD too but recently seeing how well Butter is doing with regards to being stable or rising, even after 5 weeks, in music markets around the world, be it on radio or charts. Also with how it is slowly seeping into mainstream consciousness, I would rather Butter be the focus.

For some reason, I was the opposite. When the physical release was announced, I thought about PTD receiving a b-side type of treatment, only to bring more attention for the release with new music, while Butter would keep being the main focus of promotions. After some time, I started to think about PTD actually being promoted as a single, with a MV and everything.

But anyway, I won't complain about whatever path they choose. For me Its fine.

Edit: I wrote a whole comment and akp deleted half of it wtf

• As has been said, Dyna's big promo push was for the Grammys. Dyna also had the Samsung commerical which got a lot of play. Butter's promo has been fine. They did GMA, a late night talk show, the BBMAs and Butter was played on the McDonalds commercial. Butter wasn't released at the same time Dyna was nor under the same circumstances. Add to that they had to get ready for a two day concert and the promo for their Japanese album. They're not in the Grammy push time frame so no they won't be doing a week long latenight stint right now. With things opening up and more celebrities being available, them doing a week long Late Night stint might not even be something they can or want to do. Honestly they did the biggest Late night show there is for Butter not some scrub show.

People don't know what they have lined up with things opening up and more songs dropping. Maybe they will do a big Grammy promo push for Butter, maybe they won't. Regardless, I especially don't agree with the narrative some have of Butter getting no promo(not directed at the OP but I've seen that sentiment around).

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• Seeing how we have never had that before I doubt they will, but it would be great if that were the case. I will be hopeful for the same cause PTD sounds like a bop just from its name alone.

Btw did you see the rumours about the Coldplay album being out in October? Their fans were speculating July originally. I wonder when we will get the Coldplay feat now.

That info abt Coldplay album releasing in Oct was on Genius site which is now removed along with My universe lyrics

Hoping for the song to be released as a promoted single or something .

• They have to promote Butter, promote theirs songs for Japan since BTS : The Best was just released and June is Festa month. The boys are already working a lot. They can’t do everything at once. We are a lucky and spoiled fandom.

Really Army are spoilt so much .specially with Dynamite 30 + performances .

Ya they must b tired with concert preparations , Japanese album promotions , Festa preparations .

Hope they get well deserved rest .

:borahae:

• Hmm, we might have another few performances coming and they will call it a day. It already topped the 2 biggest market in the world, as well as in their home, broke youtube, spotify & amazon records, so I don't know if they will push the song more! I just wish they also gave K-Armys & GP's Butter performance at K-TV shows! :saint:

Butter release coincided with the Festa so I think they were super busy at that time juggling Butter promotions and the Festa activities/Muster concert and now with Japan for BTS The Best!

I also think that they have bigger things for us coming the next few months... they still have an album to release this year? so I'll just wait! But I'm hoping for better/concentrated promo this time! :-):borahae:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!