All SM employees get iPad Air 4gen version

• You do realize Apple's new iOS update allows you to opt out of tracking right? I work in the online business space and all businesses are freaking out since targeted ads and emails are the foundation of small-business marketing.

• and it's a problem ?

i would love to find a job where i can get an ipad for free :woow:

Chile people are really getting mad over this. Only in kpop.

My welcome kit included a laptop, smartphone, an additional screen and couple pairs of nice headphones. Its completely normal to a company to give workers their equipment

• Our company provides good products for their employees like this as well in order to use less paper and more digital tools. Although I would rather have a good notebook or a surface than a Ipad since it limits the digital tools quite severly

• I mean my brother's university gives each freshman a free iPad in order to do schoolwork and my work is about to give each of us leads/supervisors a free laptop that turns into a tablet in order to do our work.

So it's not that weird. :wellr:

~ ω

• Apple is as bad as the others, just better at Marketing

Not really, they’re inherently better at privacy than others. They do not get money from selling ur information for ads, they get theirs from their hardware. That is why they can manage to make a stance regarding ad tracking transparency. iOS and Apple can store your information, but there is an OS-level of encryption to it and they cannot track it back to you easily if you refuse.

Look at how Facebook literally is desperate to win this war, because they know they will take a blow. Now, compare their reaction to latest android’s “privacy” marketing. There is literally none.

And this is coming from a samsung note 9 user :cryingr:

There are only two users of r/privacy, it’s those who change android ROMs and those who use iPhones. They even recommend iPhones for easier and hassle-free privacy customization.

• Apple like any other US IT company is obligated to be able to share their data which is stored in clouds or certain server in the US with the government. This includes data that has been added to the icloud.

So yes, Apple is doing more for privacy and encryption of data but like any other company there is still no 100% privacy and security. Also, in the end companies can still gather enough information by your consent via. Cookies, crawler and analytics tools or through unsafe interfaces (no consent). The only way to secure your data is via external vms or container solutions with controlled interfaces to the rest of the data or private networks with no interface to third partys.

I agree that it is safer to use an apple phone but the image of the golden encryption had until the mid 2010s is outdated.

Also another big problem with apple is like any other phone manufacturer you still have a lot of sweatshops that are producing for that company. That’s why I said that they have better marketing.

• Apple like any other US IT company is obligated to be able to share their data which is stored in clouds or certain server in the US with the government. This includes data that has been added to the icloud.

So yes, Apple is doing more for privacy and encryption of data but like any other company there is still no 100% privacy and security. Also, in the end companies can still gather enough information by your consent via. Cookies, crawler and analytics tools or through unsafe interfaces (no consent). The only way to secure your data is via external vms or container solutions with controlled interfaces to the rest of the data or private networks with no interface to third partys.

I agree that it is safer to use an apple phone but the image of the golden encryption had until the mid 2010s is outdated.

Also another big problem with apple is like any other phone manufacturer you still have a lot of sweatshops that are producing for that company. That’s why I said that they have better marketing.

This pretty much. I just don’t think theyre better at marketing, because the competition is so behind anyways. I doubt Google can abadon their own model. They cannot sell their hardwares the way apple does with iphones. They make so much profit from user data and ads.

Heck their marketing involves battling facebook into lawsuit, like, that’s applausable, imo.

Apple knows that the next decade, Privacy is gonna be monetized. That’s why they’re dipping into that right now. This is also why i’m confident they will not abandon this marketing.

• This pretty much. I just don’t think theyre better at marketing, because the competition is so behind anyways. I doubt Google can abadon their own model. They cannot sell their hardwares the way apple does with iphones. They make so much profit from user data and ads.

Heck their marketing involves battling facebook into lawsuit, like, that’s applausable, imo.

Apple knows that the next decade, Privacy is gonna be monetized. That’s why they’re dipping into that right now. This is also why i’m confident they will not abandon this marketing.

I agree with you.

In my opinion the view of data privacy and the image of the “anonymous internet“ which it isn’t will change and companys will use more big data and data analytics tools that they are now. I also feel like the users will gain more technical knowledge so that the perception of data usage and data privacy will change

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!