What's the biggest idol group song for each year?

• 2017 Spring Day korea, Dna worldwide ( without 2017 points, it has 900 million plus digital index, )

2018 Idol worldwide. Ikon korea

2019 BWL both korea and worldwide

2020 Dynamite both korea and worldwide

2021 Butter Korea and worldwide

• 2015: BANG BANG BANG (Korea + international)

2016: Cheer Up (Korea), BS&T (international)

2017: Spring Day (korea), DNA (international)

2018: Love Scenario (Korea), Ddu Du Ddu Du/FAKE LOVE (international)

2019: Boy with Luv (Korea + international)

2020: Dynamite (Korea + international)

2021: Rollin (Korea), Butter (international)

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Imo Fake Love is 2018 for international (6 weeks on the hot 100 & Top 10 as well). Not to mention it has a 50M certification in Japan, also charted higher than D4 in most of Europe. Also in general just charted in way more countries. D4 charted in 11 countries, Fake Love in 26 countries.

• Imo Fake Love is 2018 for international (6 weeks on the hot 100 & Top 10 as well). Not to mention it has a 50M certification in Japan, also charted higher than D4 in most of Europe. Also in general just charted in way more countries. D4 charted in 11 countries, Fake Love in 26 countries.

honestly while fake love charted better d4 has greater impact and almost double the youtube views.

fake love was bigger in the moment but d4 is still making trends internationally, esp on tiktok etc where there's even currently a trend going on with the song...

even the finger guns thing was huge.

i don't see that kind of impact from fake love and i think it quickly got overshadowed by bigger bts releases like bwl.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• honestly while fake love charted better d4 has greater impact and almost double the youtube views.

fake love was bigger in the moment but d4 is still making trends internationally, esp on tiktok etc where there's even currently a trend going on with the song...

i don't see that kind of impact from fake love and i think it quickly got overshadowed by bigger bts releases like bwl.

Impact is subjective. Charts are not. Fake love charted better and more in major markets. Hence the biggest hit internationally of 2018. Bwl is indeed bigger. But fake love is biggest of 2018.

• honestly while fake love charted better d4 has greater impact and almost double the youtube views.

Charts are better. Figures on YouTube views can be heavily skewed by one region but country charts pertain to each country which are already calculated streams, sales and sometimes radio play. We know for sure they are not considering numbers from other countries

And that’s a better way to judge songs’ impact globally. Like for instance we can’t say the videos getting 1billion views in India necessarily translates to the songs being popular worldwide right?

Surprising how with all these new trends popping up, Fake Love out streamed D4 last month on Spotify. I doubt virality matters if it does not translate into numbers.

This point doesn’t make sense. The thread is asking about each particular year not songs from different years. Bwl is one of the biggest hits by idol groups only second to dynamite both internationally and domestic. I doubt you should even bring it up for a discussion when it overshadows so many songs.

And I doubt bwl is a lesser hit than it is just because a bigger song like dynamite has appeared now. Or does that also mean bwl is no more a hit because it got overshadowed by dynamite???

BTS is an act that makes new peaks everytime. That kind of logic does not work on them.

• Celebrity is by a soloist though, so Butter should be your #1 for both.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!