What is your opinion on foreign foods being adapted/modified for a country's mainstream tastes instead of being exactly like the country of origin?

• Honestly, I think it is inevitable to some extent when cultures don't all have the same food palates. To appeal to the masses, the food has to suit their tastes somewhat. It's not like the average Korean pizza is the same as the average American or Italian pizza. Of course, I think trying a dish the original authentic way is better if your intention is to more accurately experience another culture, and you should respect a country's cuisine instead of making fun of it or acting grossed out if you don't like it.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• what works, works

simple as that

sometimes people even take bland but unique food and make it way better

the only "original" people who complain are mostly over the top stuck up

• Honestly, I think it is inevitable to some extent when cultures don't all have the same food palates. To appeal to the masses, the food has to suit their tastes somewhat. It's not like the average Korean pizza is the same as the average American or Italian pizza. Of course, I think trying a dish the original authentic way is better if your intention is to more accurately experience another culture, and you should respect a country's cuisine instead of making fun of it or acting grossed out if you don't like it.

It's okay I guess as it seems white people don't like any flavoring :eyes: but as an Italian I love the original style of pizza and get excited seeing it in America in few places. I love Korean pizza, it is nice, American pizza is okie but not the same as the original style with olive oil as a base instead of pounds of tomato paste.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• well when american restaurants do that the food gets more boring generally lol.

Americanized Chinese is horrible compared to the real thing.

However, American varieties of Pizza are pretty awesome, as are the original Italian styles.

• I just prefer the older style of pizza base as it is like my great grandmother and grandmother who grew up in Italy were raised to make it.

Middle Eastern Pizza with Za'atar, Pine Nuts and Olive Oil - Gluten-Free  Living

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• well when american restaurants do that the food gets more boring generally lol.

Americanized Chinese is horrible compared to the real thing.

However, American varieties of Pizza are pretty awesome, as are the original Italian styles.

Looking at you Panda EXPRESS :eyes:

Yeah it happens the most with Asian food.

Sadly it does, which is why I went through the trouble in high school of asking my friend Justin's mom to teach me how to make her family's food style before I went to college as asian food is fairly cheap to make at home and is delicious. I much prefer the genuine thing which I can make at home but if I am in a time crunch I occasionally eat American Chinese chain food.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• I just prefer the older style of pizza base as it is like my great grandmother and grandmother who grew up in Italy were raised to make it.

Middle Eastern Pizza with Za'atar, Pine Nuts and Olive Oil - Gluten-Free  Living

i cant say much about pizza really as ive never had authentic italian pizza but this looks miles better than the american style pizza ive had

• i cant say much about pizza really as ive never had authentic italian pizza but this looks miles better than the american style pizza ive had

The crust is much more flaky like a biscuit and does not burn as easily. The cheese also digests better with the oil to help it break down, overall it is a much easier taste palette to eat too.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• I had Naples-style pizza in Rome with a tomato base. It was good :thumbup:

See that style is not too bad. it is more of a pasta sauce than the harsh and thick tomato paste turned into sauce that most companies and restaurants here use. There are different textures and grades of tomato paste used in both. Not meaning to get into pizza science but :wellr:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• I will admit one thing America did right that even my native american abuelo and italian grandmother loves is Mac n Cheese and Sweet Potato Pizza :lover1: it is actually decently good.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• i don't see the problem that other people see. all cultures do it. like the example you gave of koreans adapting and putting their own spin on an italian dish (pizza). or how many chinese immigrants came to america and opened restaurants with menus that adapted to american tastes rather than the authentic cuisine.

i think cultural exchange and blend is a beautiful thing :)

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• This is then probably US franchise right? Is the crust made out of sweet potato or is it topped with it? I actually like all shapes and forms of pizza (even though nothing can top the true Neapolitan one)

Btw is this counted as derailing? :D

OPPSS I am usually good about not randoming off the topic, :sweatr: I can send you a link to their site for you to see it if I can find it.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• I live in Houston which is a gigantic melting pot of cultures with a huge Asian community.

One of Houstons semi-famous locally grown food style is Vietnamese Crawfish... its a fusion from the Vietnamese community of Louisiana cajun style Crawfish and Vietnamese flavors. Completely awesome ( and generally really spicy!)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!