STAYC accused of misandry over comments on performing at the army

• Anyone knows why SK men seems to have this weird obsession with feminism and weird male/female relations? It seems like if your slightly insulting on men, your seen as a feminist lesbian priest.

Which is the complete opposite of the US where hating men is trendy and not really a big deal.

If I got it right. Feminism in Korea has a bad rep because there is a group or online community in Korea that is extremely anti-men and they were the first to make feminism (as a movement) popular in Korea. So every feminist is somehow lumped together in the same pot as them.

Also Korea is still very conservative and gender roles still pretty strong. Koreans only recently got more open to western views. So you have western views crashing with traditional views and that much stronger than in the west.

Also the US dealing with gender related stuff is a case on it’s own tbh. I don’t really see it like that in Europe. The closest to US is maybe UK.

• I think people is failing to understand

saying she wasn't rude at all because she didn't say anything mean, she didn't say anything mean directly but indirectly she did, even if it wasn't her intention, her fans pretty much called soldiers perverts and she saying, oh don't worry i was not talking about military performances is a way of she agreeing with what her fans were saying about the soldiers, i don't agree about the way soldiers are acting but i understand why they took offense, still they are grow up men and should try to be more understanding about the thing the Stacy memeber said and that she most likely didn't mean it in a bad way, when you are an idol anything you said is used against you, so even if she said she didn't agree with what her fans said she would get hate from them

TDLR

Soldiers have the right to feel offense about what was implied about them, still they are acting immature for making a big deal over it, is not Stacy girl fault

• I think people is failing to understand

saying she wasn't rude at all because she didn't say anything mean, she didn't say anything mean directly but indirectly she did, even if it wasn't her intention, her fans pretty much called soldiers perverts and she saying, oh don't worry i was not talking about military performances is a way of she agreeing with what her fans were saying about the soldiers, i don't agree about the way soldiers are acting but i understand why they took offense, still they are grow up men and should try to be more understanding about the thing the Stacy memeber said and that she most likely didn't mean it in a bad way, when you are an idol anything you said is used against you, so even if she said she didn't agree with what her fans said she would get hate from them

TDLR

Soldiers have the right to feel offense about what was implied about them, still they are acting immature for making a big deal over it, is not Stacy girl fault

Best Answer!

I mean at first it seems she was liking the thought of going there after that soldier asked her.

"The idol said: Looks like we are liked in the army. My dad is also a solider~~ (making hearts) thank you~~ If not for these times, we would've been able to go... that's how concerts are (nowadays). We want to perform but we can't"

But when their fans were asking them not to go as they are minors and they might be sexually harassed.. she suddenly said

“ Ah everyone, I'm not talking about army performance but just "performance" (in general), don't worry"

Even though she at first did 😅. So it made her change of mind look like she agreed to the antagonizing comments their Fans made.

What I see here is poor Girl just trying to please everyone and calm down the situation without thinking anything bad and definitely didn’t expected that it will be taking that serious .

I mean voice your discomfort, but don’t act like a crybaby even going as far as insulting them etc.... lol

• wow she didn't even say something bad, so much vitriol for a simple comment. These male forums users are over sensitive and are displaying extreme fragile toxic masculinity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!