Is it fair to combine all NCT units achievements and sales for the rankings?

• I just saw days ago stans talking about how it’s unfair to combine all the NCT subunits for rankings, honestly I have a mixed opinion about this but in few words: NCT will always be consider as one, others like or not, because that’s literally the point of the whole project.

Award shows and charts do not count them as one but that’s another thing I guess.

NCT is a brand so that’s how their dynamic works but what do you guys think?

• it's fair

people always combine the achievement of After school red and the success of After school blue and Orange caramel, to the success of After school

same can be said about Got7 and Jus2

the same thing can be say about TTS and snsd

the same thing can be say to all the unit that Super junior debuted

people only have a problem when it's NCT because people are threaten by NCT

that's why they keep trying to count every nct unit achievement as a distinctive achievement than NCT achievement

they know that NCT as a whole is just too powerful

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• Do they need it tho. From what I am seeing in the forum each unit is doing well on their own so I don't see why there is even a need to combine anything.

• its not nct's fault they have the system that they have, its not really fair to say a certain subunit isn't nct so im in favour of lumping them together, and i think people don't realise how big they actually are together because they are always being separated into the units.....

• I think award shows will consider them together if like NCT Full ends up selling 2 or 3 mil or whatever.

The answer is yes and no. Yeah the whole system is benefited by all the units we know it but we can still attribute records to the individual units that get it e.g Dream is a double million seller, 127 May become a double million seller in the future and if NCT 2021 or whatever also sells 2 million then we can say nct full is a double million seller. I see nct full as another unit of nct.

• I think award shows will consider them together if like NCT Full ends up selling 2 or 3 mil or whatever.

The answer is yes and no. Yeah the whole system is benefited by all the units we know it but we can still attribute records to the individual units that get it e.g Dream is a double million seller, 127 May become a double million seller in the future and if NCT 2021 or whatever also sells 2 million then we can say nct full is a double million seller. I see nct full as another unit of nct.

You are right.

• I think it's 50/50

If the ranking is by album, then only 1 album at a time. So whichever sub-unit album is the highest, it could be include as contender.

As for by group, it's a little iffy. Because if they have 4 sub-unit and all release an album, that's 4 albums vs. something like 2 from other groups. Technically there is nothing wrong with releasing 4 albums in a year but we do have to acknowledge the physical limit. Say with 20+ people it's easier to divide to create and promote 4 albums. Compare that to 1 groups who need to do that 4 times in a year. However this is a grey area.

• Now you say it. I remember fans even counting solo achievements and awards within the groups' achievements as if it's one. I guess because NCT's achievements combined is kinda threatening. The unit's achievements are moving like separate groups (TOP groups nevertheless). So it became an unfair system when you want to make rankings while the ones you mentioned were not as threatening when it came to rankings.

lt64IYu.gif

• it is unfair to combine all the units and compare them to a single group, but it is also unfair to compare a regular group to a single NCT unit. Regular groups have more promotions and the advantage of independent branding to them, which are things every unit of NCT lack. NCT Dream for example have as many albums/EPs to their name as groups that debuted up to 2 and 3 years after them, if not even less albums, and this in consequences means less promotions and exposure and opportunities.

NCT is just a special case and i enjoy seeing them destroy their own records instead of comparing them to other groups whether as a whole brand or separate units.

• Official Post

NCT is not a normal group so it doesn't really matter if you combine or separate them... They just can't be compared to a normal group period.

:wellr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!