Everglow Boycotted in Korea Has Its Perks.

• Chinese netizen highly praised these girls, and expressed their admiration for the very gorgeous mv production,also expressed that don’t understand why they don’t have their place on Korean charts

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These comments are translated, but you can get a general sense of what they are conveying.

Comment Section:

- "I seem to like to fight against Koreans, whichever song Koreans doesn’t like, I prefer which song" [+3192]

- "Koreans typically takes advantage and sells well. Chinese companies have spent money to build such a good girl group, such a good music, such a good mv, they sing in Korean, and they promote KPOP. To squeeze out the use value of the attic and not to give the attic the opportunity to compete on an equal footing. After all, it’s because the attic has the potential for fire, so they are afraid. When the attic first came back, the attic still took one. As the five generations of the new women’s team, the results were really good, but later they began to be boycotted. If it doesn't work, no one will notice and want to resist, because they feel the potential of the attic, so they directly start to suppress it shamelessly." [+1663]

- "Twitter is No. 1 in the U.S. Trend! French trend first! Koreans open your eyes" [+733]

- "Korean is not suppressing the loft. I asked about the songs of Korean's relatives. In fact, they all care about it and they must be nice. They are neither blind nor deaf. In fact, they are just very jealous and don’t want to see Chinese-invested entertainment companies in KOP. The progress of the MV includes the concept of the MV, the quality of the costume styling, the quality of the post-production promotional materials, and the surrounding album configuration. These things are even in the awesome company, but the company in the attic is really spending money on the sisters every time they return. It will be refreshing. I actually really don’t want them to be able to fire in Hg. Fire in foreign countries is actually more affordable than fire in a projectile place like Korean. When many big companies squeeze their heads and want to squeeze into the European and American circles. At the time, I thought that Loft would be able to tour abroad in a few years...So Loft fans don’t have to be sad and can only say that Korean idiots don’t understand art." [+1727]

- "In the future, I don’t need to say that Lou’s style is girl crush. It is too narrow for gender. I would call it human crush" [+1969]

- "I don’t think you need to care about Koreans anymore. With Korea’s platform and loft, it has been seen by the European and American markets. That side is the big market. Let’s publicize it in China. We will hold concerts abroad and sell the surrounding areas in China. If we go to Southeast Asia for concerts. , As long as I have time to buy tickets, I can go, let the sticks fend for themselves." [+2317]

- "Why is the loft so amazing every time it comes back? The passerby fans really admire it every time. To be honest, the men and women groups I follow are forced or very hot. The old lady has a top radar. The attic will be forced. Koreans is not worthy to appreciate such a good arrangement and go to tmd to go to Europe and America! This is the world of the attic. This time I will support the album like Ladida"
    [+218]

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• If they can consistently increase their album sales that's the main thing, that reminds me need to buy it on I-Tunes and support them

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• I don't like to incentive heat between two nations cuz things could get really ugly but it's nice that China has taken them under their wig. That translates into $alle$

Are the Chinese buying their stuff? I remember when it seemed Phillipines were getting behind Momoland but it never translated to album sales, same for Indonesia with the member from Secret Number.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• Are the Chinese buying their stuff? I remember when it seemed Phillipines were getting behind Momoland but it never translated to album sales, same for Indonesia with the member from Secret Number.

Cnetz have bought at least 12k albums this comeback

They also were able to get advertisements for Everglow at subway stations and the coex

• Cnetz have bought at least 12k albums this comeback

They also were able to get advertisements for Everglow at subway stations and the coex

Brilliant good luck to them

• Am sorry but, where is the actual proof that they are being boycotted?

Is Loona also being boycotted cuz they also don't chart well on the charts.

Just check Everglow's album reviews on MelOn and see for yourself.

• They're boycotted because their label is a Chinese company. So yes, they've been boycotted in Korea since their debut.

• And to you that is the main reason they are not doing well on the charts?

Did you not read the comments? it's not to me, it's the main reason why they aren't charting well.

Go read the comments for yourself.

• And to you that is the main reason they are not doing well on the charts?

Lol even the groups that are more nugu than everglow chart

Ladida was a masterpiece yet korean slept on them so yes korea is boycotting everglow

If a song like mafia in the morning is able to chart then you know something is off

• I just hope boycott or noo boycott they will succeed and be even mroe successful every comeback

Also, THEY ARE COMING TO AKP YO SO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A

I hope they get more successful and shit on korea with their awful taste (mostly)

• I hope they get more successful and shit on korea with their awful taste (mostly)

I just wish they didn't tie in politics with music and appreciate Everglow as an artist and the songs they make.

• Lol even the groups that are more nugu than everglow chart

Ladida was a masterpiece yet korean slept on them so yes korea is boycotting everglow

If a song like mafia in the morning is able to chart then you know something is off

That is why i used Loona as an example. They also do not chart well.

Are they also being boycotted? Cuz they actually have well known members in the group and do well internationally.

• That is why i used Loona as an example. They also do not chart well.

Are they also being boycotted? Cuz they actually have well known members in the group and do well internationally.

The reason why artists like Loona and Dreamcatcher don't chart well is for other reasons. Maybe Koreans don't have taste... Idk

• That is why i used Loona as an example. They also do not chart well.

You can’t comparw apple with an orange

Loona is not boycotted but just nugu

Whereas everglow is being boycotted if you read comments saying „yikes they are from a chinese company so no thanks i don’t want to listen to their song“

Both are nugus for different reasons

• Everglow aren’t being blacklisted or boycotted lol if they were they wouldn’t be attending music shows or able to promote their album in Korea. We already seen artists being blacklisted and what happens to them. Making Everglow into one of them undermines those artists struggles. Everglow is just underrated in Korea.

One girl supports One China and the other is a fully functional Chinese label so of course there’s going to be some bad taste buds for them in Korea but they aren’t being boycotted. Y’all keep using this word when y’all don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s a difference between flopping and being boycotted.

Like YH got Shiyeon guesting on Running Man. That’s not being boycotted.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Nothing is off about Mafia charting, Korea likes Itzy. What is off is Everglow not charting, so stay on topic.

Some people might disagree with me but artists coming from a major established KPOP company do have their perks.

That's why it took Brave Girls 4 years to even break into the charts... If it wasn't for a video that got 17 million views or something... Brave Girls would've disbanned...

Imagine how many good Kpop songs from nugu groups and companies there are that have been buried...

• Everglow aren’t being blacklisted or boycotted lol if they were they wouldn’t be attending music shows or able to promote their album in Korea. We already seen artists being blacklisted and what happens to them. Making Everglow into one of them undermines those artists struggles. Everglow is just underrated in Korea.

One girl supports One China and the other is a fully functional Chinese label so of course there’s going to be some bad taste buds for them in Korea but they aren’t being boycotted. Y’all keep using this word when y’all don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s a difference between flopping and being boycotted.

Boycotted by GP

The general public is boycotting them not the music shows and producers etc.. they get money of course they’ll let everglow perform

• I did mention minm cuz it doesn’t depend on the song itself but the group who is releasing the song

If Everglow released minm they’d flop just like now

We all have different tastes, but If we were to ask non-kpop fans if they liked "FIRST" vs "Mafia in the Morning" I'm quite sure more people would select FIRST. This isn't basing on my own taste but I've watched pretty much all the FIRST M/V reviews and a few of them stated it's better than MIM.

The sample size is relatively small, and I may be wrong, it's just my take with the information I have.

• Yuehua should try and build a level of fame for Yiren in China in between comebacks, there's a path there look at the Cosmic Girls C-Line and Yuqi. Then try and maybe use that somehow to boost EG in China?

• I did mention minm cuz it doesn’t depend on the song itself but the group who is releasing the song

If Everglow released minm they’d flop just like now

Let's be honest if ITZY came from Yuehua and Everglow from JYP the roles would be completely reversed

• Yuehua should try and build a level of fame for Yiren in China in between comebacks, there's a path there look at the Cosmic Girls C-Line and Yuqi. Then try and maybe use that somehow to boost EG in China?

Whoever in charge of Yuehua's marketing really sucks at their job, he/she/they, don't have a good undestanding of Everglow's target audience.

Yuehua's having a family concert this year and Everglow isn't part of the line up... LIKE WTF...
    Yuehua has so many A-List Celebrities going, and it would be a great opportunity to expose Everglow to the chinese general public and yet they don't do it for some fucking reason...

• The general public is boycotting them not the music shows and producers etc.. they get money of course they’ll let everglow perform

Am sorry but in other to be boycotted one would actually have to be known by the gp. EG is not even there yet.

If they chart finally and do well, will you say all of a sudden the gp is not boycotting them anymore?

• I have to agree with people that not charting doesn't imply boycott. Again I am not sure what is charting according to u? In top100 of Melon? Cause most 4th gen ggs can't do that. Weeekly's last release only peaked at #230 or something on melon.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!