Why Hybe bought Source Music?

• I mean, employees and GFriend themselves just change labels but they didn't?

Many employees are leaving Sourcemusic and also GFriend left Sourcemusic too? What was the point to buy a company for them to stay for a year and go bankrupt the next year??

• Official Post

BigHIt and Source worked together before. I believe GLAM was co-managed by both of them. Bang PD is also friends with the founder of Source. It's very possible that he saw a friend in trouble and also a business opportunity to bring in a company experienced with working with female trainees and idol groups. But just taking over a company doesn't mean you can solve the problems that already existed there.

It honestly made me think about JYP buying out Rain's first company, J.Tune. Obviously JYP saw someone he was close to needing help, but also saw a chance to bring Rain back under the JYP umbrella. Didn't solve any of the problems J.Tune had and it was eventually dissolved into JYP completely.

• They need female trainees for girl group. They desperately want to debut a girl group so of they do it themselves then they have to wait for maybe 3 years into training the girls. Now they only have to wait 1 year to debut them after acquiring source music.

Btw source music suck ass for doing my girls dirty

• I mean, employees and GFriend themselves just change labels but they didn't?

Many employees are leaving Sourcemusic and also GFriend left Sourcemusic too? What was the point to buy a company for them to stay for a year and go bankrupt the next year??

Typically when a company buys another company it's not necessarily for it's product but for it's resources. Companies such as Source Music and Pledis entertainment has people with experience in managing girl groups (whether or not they do a good job is in the eyes of Hybe) and because Hybe doesn't have the experience, they bought them out.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• They need female trainees for girl group. They desperately want to debut a girl group so of they do it themselves then they have to wait for maybe 3 years into training the girls. Now they only have to wait 1 year to debut them after acquiring source music.

Btw source music suck ass for doing my girls dirty

The only logical explenation imo

lt64IYu.gif

• Hybe wanted source for their girl trainees and experience with girls groups, also for that collaboration group that is expected to debut soon.

Stop thinking so deep into why employees left source. Lately hybe has been getting rid of employees like that Doobu guy that is well known for working with bts, txt, enhypen. I think they're just going to replace those people with better professionals

• They bought Source to show they had a girl group when Big Hit had an IPO, and any cost on Source is just sunken cost which can be amortized for a long time.

They bought Source to buy the skills of putting a girl group with below average visuals to the top tier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!