2ne1 stage presence

• I know some people say 2ne1 had the best stage presence in gg side, but to me honestly they are just ok. Why? Dara and Bom... I think some has this idea of them being the "best" when in almost all their stages CL ate the stage alone with Minzy doing her incredible dance moves.

To me only CL were the best and literally had one of the best stage presence in all kpop be it male or female.

For sure their performance were great as they are talented, but being talented is different of owing the stage and just CL truly owned every stage of them.

Anyways, I'm not hating on them it's just that when we talk about stage presence people always talk about 2ne1 when in reality just CL really does have it...

Disclaimer again: this is my opinion and I'm not hating neither shaming them. I truly think that none matches CL stage presence so to say that as a group they were the stage presence I think the 4 of them should match perfectly, but that is not the case.

• Stage presence isn't just all about hyping up the audience

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

Stan Park Bom and her amazing voice

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Being good at just standing there singing sure is good, but 2ne1 is know for their energetic sound and stage presence which just CL and Minzy could truly do...

• Being good at just standing there singing sure is good, but 2ne1 is know for their energetic sound and stage presence which just CL and Minzy could truly do...

Actually not really. Some of 2NE1 popular songs are not energetic like these. I guess it's a common misconception

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Actually not really. Some of 2NE1 popular songs are not energetic like these. I guess it's a common misconception

Yeah, but their stage presence is more talked bc of their energetic sound sorry if I didn't say like this kkk. My bad.

• I think you make a very good point.

I think that it's a 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts' situation and that fans were mesmerized by the full package of cool vibe songs, swag styling and girl crush/badass girl attitude, to notice that the actual stage presence power is mostly concentrated in 2NE1's center, CL. Without CL, most of that stage presence glamour would fall away, it wouldn't be the same anymore.

But let's also not forget the strong support of Minzy, she might not be the #1 in stage presence, as the best dancer and singer in the group she provided the backbone and support needed to make their performances and group stage presence shine.

Personally I think that her leaving contributed to YG dismissing 2NE1's comeback and album in the end. Looks like YG, perfectionist and with his own narrow vision of how his groups needed to be swag and perfect killers (figuratively, on stage) decided very shortly after Minzy had left 'nah, this ain't gonna cut it anymore' and broke his promise of a new 2NE1 Summer album.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• I think you make a very good point.

I think that it's a 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts' situation and that fans were mesmerized by the full package of cool vibe songs, swag styling and girl crush/badass girl attitude, to notice that the actual stage presence power is mostly concentrated in 2NE1's center, CL. Without CL, most of that stage presence glamour would fall away, it wouldn't be the same anymore.

But let's also not forget the strong support of Minzy, she might not be the #1 in stage presence, as the best dancer and singer in the group she provided the backbone and support needed to make their performances and group stage presence shine.

Personally I think that her leaving contributed to YG dismissing 2NE1's comeback and album in the end. Looks like YG, perfectionist and with his own narrow vision of how his groups needed to be swag and perfect killers (figuratively, decided very shortly after Minzy had left 'nah, this ain't gonna cut it anymore' and broke his promise of a new 2NE1 Summer album.

Minzy sure was the second best helping to stabilize their vocals and dance, but honestly all these praises and whatever about their stage presence is only present in CL... The group as a whole were pretty normal in this case.

• Minzy sure was the second best helping to stabilize their vocals and dance, but honestly all these praises and whatever about their stage presence is only present in CL... The group as a whole were pretty normal in this case.

Agreed.

I think Blackjacks, YG stans and other (bandwagoning?) K-pop fans ascribed it too easily to the entire group, when it was actually just CL who hard carried 2NE1 in stage presence, while Minzy hard carried the quality level of their performance in vocals and dance.

Without CL, the stage presence of 2NE1 as group was merely ok at best.

Without Minzy, the dance and vocal level of 2NE1 as group was merely ok at best.

But the same thing can be said for Big Bang tbf, everyone treated BB always as if it was 5 G-Dragon's in terms of extreme talent - but while the other BB members each had their own skills and contributions, they were nowhere near GD's level of talent.

Without GD and his talents, Big Bang wouldn't have really been that special but just ok and even average in terms of talent (compared to other groups).

But that's how it is with groups: the talents of the individual members are often 'transplanted' and ascribed to the full group, and to a lesser degree that also applies to the weaknesses of individual members.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Agreed about 2ne1.

About BB I do know GD talent is insane, but about stage presence I can say all of them are at least good to great with Daesung being good and honestly T.O.P, Taeyang and GD being great. And they are all talented, the only thing that GD surpasses them is the write/produce stuff.

• Agreed about 2ne1.

About BB I do know GD talent is insane, but about stage presence I can say all of them are at least good to great with Daesung being good and honestly T.O.P, Taeyang and GD being great. And they are all talented, the only thing that GD surpasses them is the write/produce stuff.

It's the writing/producing/composing that distinguishes BB from other groups, what GD added and contributed to the group was what made the group special and lifted it to its exceptional heights.

Like YG has mentioned and admitted various times, GD really was his golden goose: GD's talents were what boosted BB to the major league.

Without it, without GD's talent and contribution, while still not bad, other groups outdid BB in dance and vocal power.

It's an interesting question, actually, how well would BB have done without GD right from the start? Would it have been more like iKon, or Winner?

edit: you didn't mention Seungri, from what I saw I think Seungri was more like a Dara in the group in terms of vocal/dance/performance talent.

SWJ1P.gif

• Yes, but thinking like this is "silly" bc if we start then we could say this about every other group who produces, songwriter which is not the point here. When talking about stage presence I can say that 3/4 are great.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!