Top 10 Sonamoo song !!

• In the past few days, i decided to listen to Sonamoo entire discography and ended up with this top 10.

During their 5 (active) year run, they released 24 songs included in 8 albums (3 minis, 1 single, 4 digital singles).

This is the best of Sonamoo !

Honorable Mention :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do What You Want is a very sophisticated pop song that implement very different styles to it and kind of goes everywhere but imo match pretty well their other works. Funnily enough, it seems everyone have their own translation of the title.

10 :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their debut song, Deja Vu is a girlcrush with a heavy hip hop style that tries to follow the same style another TS Ent group followed : BAP (and sadly would get some backlash for it). They would get very little success with this song but they surely made a mark on the most attentive fans.

9 :

As one of the best B-Side on what is often considered their best album, Liar shows another slower and more emotional aspect of Sonamoo and the girls perfectly nail it managing to create a very impactful song reminiscent of the powerful songs of GG in the 2nd gen.

8 :

Even though they chose to go with the heavy hip hop style debut of bap, they would still decide to put songs from a more standart and cute concept in it. Just Go is a perfect introduction to the girls and is a beautiful song to start stanning the girls. Their voices are amazing !

7 :

Remember when I said CUSHION was their best album, this is another b-side of this wonderful album. It's a ballad that still keep the standart Sonamoo style with D.ana and Newsun's rap but is mainly a beautiful display of the amazing voices of the 2 main vocalists of Sonamoo : High.D and Minjae.

6 :

Now we reach a point where only the most defining songs can make the list. And no song represents Sonamoo better than I Like U Too Much. A funny, cute and very catchy concept and a song that doesn't take itself seriously, the song does a very good job of enlightening your day and bring a beautiful smile on your face.

5 :

Of course, it's not easy to release such bop and to successfully put that type of song, you need some experience. Sonamoo previously perfectly handled the concept with CUSHION, the title track of the album of the same name. In many way the song is even crazier than I Like U Too Much and shows how much Sonamoo was inclined to experiment with their music.

4 :

Round N Round is the perfect fusion between the crazy cute Sonamoo and the funky disco of the 70s. The mix creates a perfectly fun track that suits wonderfully the album CUSHION and complement the first eras of Sonamoo's career.

3 :

After very mediocre commercial success, Sonamoo won't release more physical albums after 2016 but wouldn't stop releasing bops altogether. Friday Night is a perfect example of it : the disco title track try to combine their disco style of Round N Roung to their crazier pop and catchy music like CUSHION and it creates this masterpiece of a song.

2 :

Now lets go back in time a little and remember what is imo their best iteration of their cute and catchy concept, I Think I Love You. The song is totally what you except from Sonamoo and is a beautiful gift to their fans. Even though they had very moderate success during their active days and were very poorly run, they were always here for their fans and always tried to meet their expectations and I think it is what makes this song so beautiful.

1 :

Their last release as a full group, I (knew it) is a latin inspired song that is unlike any other song in their discography. Their chorus works really well and the choreo is also beautiful. The song is a masterpiece from start to finish and it is a shame they didn't find success with it.

The group is currently on hiatus but with the girls out of their dorm and already 2 members that officially left the group, it is fair to say that we got everything Sonamoo will ever released. Their potential was very high but a shaky start and a garbage company really hurted them and they couldn't find their momentum in the roller coaster of the kpop industry. Still they will forever have a place in the heart of many fans and I swear that as long as i'm alive people won't forget them.

There is always a fun and cute Sonamoo song to enlighten your day !

• round and round definitely is the greatest bside

I would put deja vu higher up but it is a nice list regardless , thank you for making this thread (happy to get reminded of sonamoo)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Phenomenal thread about a girl group I love.

Thank you for this.

• awww I liked Sonamoo so much, they were never able to catch on like I thought they should

I think it was mostly because there was so much resentment towards their company when they debuted from the general public with the BAP stuff

Man I have seen waay to many groups I liked struggle for relevancy and then either go on Hiatus or Disband over the Years

• "I Knew It" is a masterpiece.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!