In your opinion, which one is better for Kpop?

• The question is which is good for Kpop as a whole. So I'd go with 3rd gen.

The 2nd gen had the most competitive era. Its not just competition between one or two groups but almost all groups were doing well and can fight each other especially when it comes to digitals, variety, and brand relevance. And the competition was really healthy and friendly. It helped shaped Kpop the way it is right now.

However, with the success BTS and BP got on a much wider scale(internationally), Kpop was given a chance to show its dominance in the music scene. Their success opened new doors for Kpop as a whole.It was given the attention and respect it highly deserves. It might just be a trend for now and might not last for a lifetime but the records and impact that Kpop groups will leave will still be remembered in the music scene.

• There won't be a thing called kpop if there were no 1st gen or 2nd gen ... with the introduction of Seo Taiji & Boys the whole korean music industry saw a new way/light.. since then the building up or foundation of kpop started until the BIG3 were born i.e. SM, YG and JYP... These three literally turn the whole industry to another level.. and YG specially dealing with the hip hop introduction in the mainstream korean music industry.. all group has its own influence or representation in kpop but the introduction of BIGBANG really changed something new in kpop.. like they were ahead of their times.. want proof? then watch their MVs you won't feel like you are watching a music video that was released a decade ago... then for girlgroup its after the debut of SNSD the shaping point of girlgroup and then 2NE1 debuts with their own style that no other girlgroup had done during that time since then the kpop were already taking the international market and audience the only drawback were the use of Social Networking Sites or should i say the digital medias!! were very less during the 2nd generation so the expansion or the domination is not that big or vast comparing to 3rd/4th gen but the foundation of the pathway or the roads were all done by the 2nd gen kpop...

• For the international growth of K-pop, the latter is better for now, to have a few K-pop ambassadors that introduces K-pop to common folks.

To make people get used to Asian faces for artists, to non-English lyrics and to the appeal of groups and even large groups.

For K-pop fans and a healthy K-pop scene, the first is better, to have a wider variety of very successful K-pop groups that are distinctive from eachother in structure, style, vibe and concepts.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• first one. if you want a clear example, watch idols on running man when it first started compared to now. idols are so boring now and reserved and i dread them coming on running man even if they are my favs.

• first one. if you want a clear example, watch idols on running man when it first started compared to now. idols are so boring now and reserved and i dread them coming on running man even if they are my favs.

I noticed that too, and I don't get it either.

Variety in 2nd gen era was a blast and a joy to watch, and it was 1 of the main reasons that drew me deeper into K-pop.

Invincible Youth, the Star Golden Bell show, Running Man, so many others, they were a blast to watch, and the idols from various different groups had great chemistry, all mixed up, boy idols and girl idols together.

But somehow the variety level and how idols behave in variety shows has changed, and sadly not for the better.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!