Will there ever be another Bae Suzy?

• I think koreans consider Jennie etc.... as sucessfull and popular than Suzy

i just think that title lost of meanings in 3rd -4th gen and Koreans no longer use them as often that they did in 2nd gen that's why he didn't see anybody got a title this gen

Suzy is someone who is recognized by the korea general public, its clear that who is more popular in korea 😅

• It's been two generations since Suzy first came into the spotlight yet there seems to be no one that has a reputation like hers. Sucess-wise, Irene came close until the scandal happened and Jennie has a lot of potential since she's taking over most of Suzy's old cf jobs. But what I'm really curious about is who will follow Suzy up as the Nation's Love. She was the Nation's First Love. Korea adores her and still does. At her peak, she was so well-liked that she could have a dating scandal and her fanbase wouldn't waver. So my question is, will there ever be another idol that will be as loved as Suzy.

“she is so well liked that she could have a dating scandal and her fan base wouldn’t waver”

that’s literally a paradox lolllll

• Female idols don't need to be actress nowadays, they can be sucessful enough being the thing they trained years to be: Singers

One thing people forget about why female idols used to go acting, variety or modeling is because their market was so small and unprofitable that their music was mainly a proxy to other activities

That's quite not the case anymore. Female idols are actually truly profitable music-wise. They can make money with music, merchan and concerts well enough to cover a possible venture in dramas or something alike

And I hope it stay like that because nothing is more boring than following actress and models, I can rest knowing the female 4th gen idols I like won't screw their music career to go acting

• I think overall at that time people were more connected to kpop idols and such, so I kinda don't see it happening like Suzy. She got criticism "for being fat(???)" at debut and for her "bad acting skills" but she's always been popular and has an extremely stable career. Sure they'll be more but idk if it'll be Nation's First Love type.

This description fits Joy. I hope she will prove people wrong. As a singer, I find Joy's voice better than Suzy. If she improves her acting, she can be successful. I think she will achieve a certain success if she makes her debut as a singer.

• She has a long actress career and nowadays young kpop idols get less acting opportunities. Irene and Jennie can get there but it will be hard cz Suzy has a hell of an acting career. Though about Seolhyun for a little but she's in every way less popular. IU could be argue but she's in another stratosphere musically so it is hard to compare. Most of Suzy's reputation do not come from music at all.

• This description fits Joy. I hope she will prove people wrong. As a singer, I find Joy's voice better than Suzy. If she improves her acting, she can be successful. I think she will achieve a certain success if she makes her debut as a singer.

Honestly, I think the mature young idol image is what SM had planned for Sulli before she left the group, and I actually saw similarities in image with Joy and Sulli. During Red Light, Sulli was transitioning to more mature outfits but never got her "peekaboo" in the group. I hope too.

• there won't be any another suzy in kpop history in my opinion bcz as much as i know no idol has that impact in their peak as much as suzy had..(I m talking about impact during their peak) in 3d gen we have jennie hwasa irene iu etc..obv jennie is the most popular one..but rest of them aren't that far..but u see in bp lisa being most popular..their is always fight who is more popular lisa or jennie..but in suzy case it was just totally different ..no idol I repeat no idol ever came close to her during her time..she became more famous then her own group itself..getting cf offer left to right like anything..snsd was biggest gg at that time but even at one point suzy even managed to suppress yoona(she was the most popular in snsd) ...!! Now tell me is there any idol who will suppress jennie or lisa from blackpink in terms of popularity success money and cfs(bp who is currently the biggest gg) ? But suzy managed to suppress the biggest gg of that time snsd even tho miss a wasn't that big group..I bet u the day when any other idol will suppress lisa or jennie..that idol will be known as "next suzy" ..so its a fact no idol has this impact in kpop history like suzy did (in her time)

• Can’t comment on whether there will ever be another Suzy, but a lot of people forget that Suzy was also so young when she skyrocketed into fame. She must have been like 17, and she’s around the age of a lot of 3rd gen idols (born in 1994). It’s impressive she’s managed to maintain popularity through both an idol and acting career, and tbh, many idols still haven’t shown longevity outside of their groups like she has.

I think Wonyoung/Yeseo have a lot of potential though, they’re both very young, (around the same age as debut Suzy) and if they went into acting, I could see them blowing up majorly.

• I think koreans consider Jennie etc.... as sucessfull and popular than Suzy

i just think that title lost of meanings in 3rd -4th gen and Koreans no longer use them as often that they did in 2nd gen that's why he didn't see anybody got a title this gen

what the heck no! Jennie currently more popular than suzy but success no! Suzy debuted in 2010 and in 2013 she alone contracted with 14 cf deals in a year at just the age of 15! She earned 8 million from cf alone! She is like the youngest successful kpop idol ever! While bp debuted in 2016 and jennie has total 8 to 10 cf deals so? I m telling there is or never will be next suzy! She has set the trademark of cf in kpop..if u type in google "cf queen" suzy name comes first and regarding nations first love title the title never lost value..bcz that title is given to only actress not idols! After suzy there ain't any actress who has innocent, girl next door, cute vibe..so next nations first love not possible unless suzy resign from her acting career ! That title is still relevant

• all of suzys cf deals are more than 5 years! That girl has just different charm that attracts and can make every brands fall in love with her..dior literally calls her "jewel of the heart of dior universe" she is just a gem! Kpop is so lucky to have her! Its a blessing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!