The Mina and Jimin situation...

• In the comments people are so selfish saying they are "sick and tired" of Mina's pain. It shows most people truly have no idea what being traumatized feels like. If you are tired of someone else's pain or bored of it, can you imagine how it feels like for that person? To ask someone to cry in silence or die in silence is cruel. I wonder what these people will say when Mina ends up succumbing to depression.

And people are wishing death on Jimin as well... what will they do when she ends up killing herself too? This won't be justice for Mina, it will only make her feel worse as I'm sure people will blame her. And when Mina dies then people will blame Jimin. This whole situation is so sad and as Mina said recently there's nothing to do to resolve it. As a victim of severe abuse I understand her, also what she said about self-harm is so true... It's the only thing that gives you relief for a split second.

What do you all think about this situation? I fear it won't end well.

I'm sorry for mistakes in my English.

• I understand your position but she is still a public person. She should seek help and not post harmful and triggering content on her instagram. She should treat her mental illness instead of using it as a reason to act like this. I might get hate for the following sentence but mental illness should not be seen as an excuse for such a behavior. Posting self-harm pictures and potentially harmful pictures on her social media account should not be explained by “i guess she is mentally ill“.

• I understand your position but she is still a public person. She should seek help and not post harmful and triggering content on her instagram. She should treat her mental illness instead of using it as a reason to act like this. I might get hate for the following sentence but mental illness should not be seen as an excuse for such a behavior. Posting self-harm pictures and potentially harmful pictures on her social media account should not be explained by “i guess she is mentally ill“.

I agree with this.

Even on sleepless nights

tumblr_p29pdkWiWY1wldi5ho1_500.gifv

Look each other in the eyes

I know how harmful and triggering it is, and it is to me as well, but I don't think she can just stop. She wants to be heard but I also don't think any of this is doing any good... venting just doesn't get you anywhere, the pain is still in you. I guess this situation is just a mess all around. I get what you mean, but I also know this is what mental illness is like, too, and unfortunately professional help does not work for everyone... It's complicated because I know how it feels to act so erratically and not be able to stop. Thank you for commenting.

Edited once, last by Saddest ().

• But she is a celebrity. She has some responsibility to post appropriate things on her social media. Posting gory pictures of slit wrists and blood is just not cool. Her post is very triggering to other people. What if she actually triggers/causes someone else to relapse into self harm with her posts? She is going through some difficult things but she still needs to be accountable for what she post online. I don't think venting about her struggles online is a bad thing. People can always choose to ignore it or hide her posts from social media but posting triggering pictures when she has such a large audience is crossing the line imo.

• She needs friend, family, and kind of circle of support

it seems that she gets easily triggered when people write comments "go see a doctor"

and I understand her point of view, because she is seeing psychiatrists, etc. so she gets mad when people constantly send her to some mental institute.

She has some friends support, like for example Luna is her bestie, but this shouldn't be a burden for one people, because even if they would see each other on daily basis it still couldn't be enough. It's always easier when you have those 5-6 people around you, so you can meet them on different days, sometimes in group, sometimes on 1 on 1 meetings.

And yeah true love would help her also, a caring, kind man or woman, that would show Mina that life has a meaning, that life can be good, etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But she is a celebrity. She has some responsibility to post appropriate things on her social media. Posting gory pictures of slit wrists and blood is just not cool. Her post is very triggering to other people. What if she actually triggers/causes someone else to relapse into self harm with her posts? She is going through some difficult things but she still needs to be accountable for what she post online. I don't think venting about her struggles online is a bad thing. People can always choose to ignore it or hide her posts from social media but posting triggering pictures when she has such a large audience is crossing the line imo.

In her recent letter she said she posted it in hopes that Jimin's friends would see it and let her know. She might have posted it so that others could see her pain as well. I know it can be triggering for others, I self-harm and it is definitely triggering for me, but I can't blame her. As a victim of abuse I can relate to the level of turmoil she must be going through, even though the abuse I went through wasn't only bullying, but abuse truly changes you into a completely different person. I don't know, as I said above, this whole situation is a mess and there doesn't seem to be anything to do. Thank you for your comment.

• She is surrounded by family, she said it herself in her most recent letter, and she knows they are worried, but sadly that changes nothing... when you are severely mentally ill and traumatized it's just impossible to see beyond your pain. And therapy does not work for everybody. I don't know, I don't think life has a meaning or that is good, and maybe she feels like this too because of everything she's gone through. It's just difficult all around, and hard to explain to people who don't know what it feels like.

• In her recent letter she said she posted it in hopes that Jimin's friends would see it and let her know. She might have posted it so that others could see her pain as well. I know it can be triggering for others, I self-harm and it is definitely triggering for me, but I can't blame her. As a victim of abuse I can relate to the level of turmoil she must be going through, even though the abuse I went through wasn't only bullying, but abuse truly changes you into a completely different person. I don't know, as I said above, this whole situation is a mess and there doesn't seem to be anything to do. Thank you for your comment.

"She posted it wanting Jimin to know". That doesn't justify her actions. To be honest it seems quite manipulative. Jimin already retired from the industry and disappeared from public view. What she is doing is unnecessary. It is not that I don't have sympathy for her but she still has to be held accountable for her actions. She can express her pain without posting such pictures. She's not a normal person like you or me. She has a large following. The best thing for her to do is to leave social media, get professional help and stop trying to find ways to contact her bully. I hope she will get the help she needs. Just my 2 cents.

• I know how harmful and triggering it is, and it is to me as well, but I don't think she can just stop. She wants to be heard but I also don't think any of this is doing any good... venting just doesn't get you anywhere, the pain is still in you. I guess this situation is just a mess all around. I get what you mean, but I also know this is what mental illness is like, too, and unfortunately professional help does not work for everyone... It's complicated because I know how it feels to act so erratically and not be able to stop. Thank you for commenting.

I know why she is doing this but she should still work with professionals instead doing this. Mental health is complicated but not an excuse for a certain behavior. If she needs somewhere to vent she should use a private account not a public account. She has a function as a public person and she should know that - with or without mental health issues. I also had severe mental health problems but I would never do something like this.

• "She posted it wanting Jimin to know". That doesn't justify her actions. To be honest it seems quite manipulative. Jimin already retired from the industry and disappeared from public view. What she is doing is unnecessary. It is not that I don't have sympathy for her but she still has to be held accountable for her actions. She can express her pain without posting such pictures. She's not a normal person like you or me. She has a large following. The best thing for her to do is to leave social media, get professional help and stop trying to find ways to contact her bully. I hope she will get the help she needs. Just my 2 cents.

It sounds simple when you put it like that, but I wish people would understand that it just isn't. It is completely normal for a traumatized person to become obsessed with the abuse they went through and not be able to let it go. Mina already is getting professional help, has been for years, I think, but it hasn't helped her. She's in medication, too, and that doesn't help either. From personal experience I know that therapy and medication simply do not work for everybody. This isn't just about Mina, I'm talking about trauma in general... there are some types of trauma that just won't heal. I know this is true for mine, and I understand how others can't heal either no matter what they do. It's very sad and not at all simple... Thank you for replying.

• "She posted it wanting Jimin to know". That doesn't justify her actions. To be honest it seems quite manipulative. Jimin already retired from the industry and disappeared from public view. What she is doing is unnecessary. It is not that I don't have sympathy for her but she still has to be held accountable for her actions. She can express her pain without posting such pictures. She's not a normal person like you or me. She has a large following. The best thing for her to do is to leave social media, get professional help and stop trying to find ways to contact her bully. I hope she will get the help she needs. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly, she basically drags a very private matter into the public. The public already views Jimin as a bully, they do not need an apology from her so why is she always trying to bring the whole apology matter into public? The support from the gp is started to get smaller. Ranting and venting is good but when someone obviously tries not to even get any help and blame anything and everything on mental health and a certain person, it is enough. I hope someone finally gets her instagram account and brings her into a closed facility. It seems that she has a lot of open wounds that need to be stitched

• Exactly, she basically drags a very private matter into the public. The public already views Jimin as a bully, they do not need an apology from her so why is she always trying to bring the whole apology matter into public? The support from the gp is started to get smaller. Ranting and venting is good but when someone obviously tries not to even get any help and blame anything and everything on mental health and a certain person, it is enough. I hope someone finally gets her instagram account and brings her into a closed facility. It seems that she has a lot of open wounds that need to be stitched

I think everybody reacts to trauma and pain in different ways. People don't need an apology from Jimin, because Jimin did nothing to them, but Mina does need one. She also said that she's been trying to contact her but she can't, so I assume that's why she's doing it publically? I don't know... I don't think it will give her closure because the damage is already done, but she did say in her last letter that she just wants to talk to her one-on-one and get an apology, talk it out or fight it out. And as I said above, she is getting help, but as sad as it is, getting help sometimes isn't enough and some wounds just won't heal.

• I think everybody reacts to trauma and pain in different ways. People don't need an apology from Jimin, because Jimin did nothing to them, but Mina does need one. She also said that she's been trying to contact her but she can't, so I assume that's why she's doing it publically? I don't know... I don't think it will give her closure because the damage is already done, but she did say in her last letter that she just wants to talk to her one-on-one and get an apology, talk it out or fight it out. And as I said above, she is getting help, but as sad as it is, getting help sometimes isn't enough and some wounds just won't heal.

In my opinion, she cannot even close that chapter since she is always reminded by it (see her social media). In my country, she would already be submitted to a closed facility without social media or anything of that kind. It seems that she gets help but not enough help. Also to say that professional help does not help, still does not change the fact that she should still get treated until she gets better.

• Honestly, I'd leave social media, quit cold turkey. I know that's probably something that comforts her, but it's enabling her and as so many people in the industry have said "having SNS ruins your image". Spend time in nature or something, take up a hobby, being on the internet will not help, even though therapy is also with it's ups and downs. It's not an all-around cure, but it'll help her mental health.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!