Groups that never evolved their concept but ifans don't criticize them

• Hmm.

I don't think these dramatic personae...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Boy next door...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and dark and sexy

are the same concept, but okay. There is still the same concept of the EXO planet and the powers tho.

Similarly, I don't think bad boy troublemakers

and sleek and glossy

are the same concept either (I don't even want to go into the boy next door, swaggy and futuristic concepts NCT 127 has also had.) I mean, I suppose you could argue that "swaggy bravado" is a through line through 127 concepts, but that doesn't work either, when you think about "Touch" or "Highway to Heaven" with their softer vibes.

I'll give you that WayV's concept has been pretty consistent: sleek, modern and sexy, which is pretty unchanged from Regular to Kick Back.

What I would say is that I think many bg do seem to have an evolution where the concepts grow darker, more mature and/or sexier as they age, and that the boy next door vibe tends to be in their earlier work.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• There were people that used to whine that Mamamoo changed so much and they liked their old concepts more. Now they never changed. Which one is it? :pepewhat:

Their on-stage personas are consistent to their personalities. So if you always see them being confident women, well that's just cause they are. It's not exactly a "concept".

• people here think saying a group or an artist didn't change their concept is an insult. i personally think it is the other way around lol, unless your original concept is duality like in RV's case of course. but then again, i hate the concept of having a concept all together. music shouldn't be bound by a pre-destined concept that most of the time is nothing but a costume that doesn't represent the members' real selves.

• Some kpoppies are definitely weird giving more importance to the concept than to the music itself. There's definitely a weird obsession with the so called concept. Songs can be totally different and people just stamp them with the same concept and act like it's equal to having zero diversity. Music diversity is more important than the so called concepts.

Also only in K-pop you see this weird obsession with 'evolving' concepts. You never see fans of heavy metal bands asking them to evolve to RnB, or fans of rock bands asking them to evolve to Jazz, or fans of EDM artists asking them to evolve to country.

Even genre itself is limiting. The Beatles always did rock, but I dare anyone here to say that Here Comes The Sun, Come Together, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Eleanor Rigby, all sound the same.

they are always doing that jazzy thing

Yes, they did a lot of jazz-inspired songs at the beginning. You may argue that their first 2 title tracks were straight jazz.

Their 1st single is jazz, but it also has rock n' roll.

But on their 3rd EP they came with a retro R&B song instead of jazz.

Their 4th EP also isn't Jazz

External Content www.youtube.com

Their 1st LP has a Bossa Nova b-side

And from their 5th EP they completely abandoned the jazz-inspired tracks

6th EP

7th EP

8th EP

etc.

The only thing I agree is that they have a retro concept. But even that is unfair. You can't put 50 years of music history under the same umbrella term and say they all sound the same.

Now you're just nitpicking.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!