Is the visual the most popular member in most groups

• Yes, but in Kpop all of the idols are pretty. Your comparison is between beautiful and average/ugly looking people.

• Yes, but in Kpop all of the idols are pretty. Your comparison is between beautiful and average/ugly looking people.

but even in kpop there are pretty idols then there are like top visuals (they might not be to you but ones that fit the korean standard might be Yoona, Suzy, Irene, Jisoo, Tzuyu). So what I'm saying is that those top visuals are usually (not always) the most popular because they are the prettiest of the pretty (the 1% of the 1%)

• not always, jisoo is the official visual but jennie is the most popular in korea and lisa is the most popular internationally. also i'd say nayeon is the most popular in twice, tzuyu is definitely in the top 3 tho. it always depends; if the group comes from a less established company than its more likely for the visual member to be pushed so the group becomes more popular, which propels that visual member to become the most popular like cha eunwoo or April naeun. but in other cases there's the visual member who isn't as interesting and a member who's the 'stan attractor', someone who isn't as visually appealing but fulfills every other aspect that the visual is lacking in. idk I'm ranting but i'd say sometimes yes, but there's special cases.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• but even in kpop there are pretty idols then there are like top visuals (they might not be to you but ones that fit the korean standard might be Yoona, Suzy, Irene, Jisoo, Tzuyu). So what I'm saying is that those top visuals are usually (not always) the most popular because they are the prettiest of the pretty (the 1% of the 1%)

Appearance is part of what makes an idol popular but it is only one of the factors contributing for it. Beauty, personality, attitude, manners, push by the company and even luck are equally important as singing, dancing and performing. Having only one of these won't make you popular and can only help an idol in the beginning.

• Appearance is part of what makes an idol popular but it is only one of the factors contributing for it. Beauty, personality, attitude, manners, push by the company and even luck are equally important as singing, dancing and performing. Having only one of these won't make you popular and can only help an idol in the beginning.

and I can agree with all that. Beauty is only one part of the equation - what about this then:

Does having a greater conformity to Korean visual standards matter more or less than one's singing dancing rapping ability in terms of popularity?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!