Why do people treat a complement to group A as an insult to their faves?

• Seriously some of you act like anyone who doesn’t kiss the ground your faves walk on is an anti... like chill. I’m aware that *technically* your faves are better dancers/singers/rappers but let me praise mine goddamnit. I like their style, I like what they’re doing, I don’t have to acknowledge facts here :sunglasses:

Seriously, like do you do this in real life? If someone was to complement someone else’s hair would you go on a rant like “really? No way. Stacy’s hair looks like utter trash compared to mine. I bet she spent 5 minutes max on it. I can’t believe you John? Do you hate me John? All of you are clearly jealous of my hair anyways!” It’s just weird. O_o

• Sometimes their faves aren't even technically better but they still gets mad at you preferring your technically better faves :pepe-sad:

Let alone preferring someone who's subjectively better to you but not necessarily technically better

• Sometimes you cant even appreciate your faves vocals and think they are amazing without one of the SM fandoms popping in like "excuse me.. you rang? Did someone say vocals? Any1 say technique yet?" :pepefacepalm:

• Official Post

A common theme in comparison threads is that fans will always prefer the one they like more, especially if it is from their faves. Then it will be a constant back & forth bickering of "if you don't think xxxxxx is better then you are deaf/tasteless/etc".

Or even in appreciation threads, fans will always think their faves are the best but once someone comes in and disagrees and says some other group/idol is the best and saying another group/idol is best/better they interpret it as an insult to their faves, and the OP fights back and thus creating a storm.

It's best to learn to interpret whether a thread is a comparison or an appreciation thread, and if someone doesn't acknowledge your faves in some "top 10 best dance groups list" thread, remember these are usually formulated by personal opinions, or by what they've seen, and it may not include all.

• Ikr. Complimenting some group's vocals is a personal affront to others. And geez, don't even think of bringing up charts or numbers because you're appreciating how amazing a group is performing. Others sincerely act like you kicked their dog.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• It is weird. Some people seem to take even artists writing songs as insult to their faves. And there can never be a thread appreciating BTSs vocals without some vocal experts invading it, even if noone is claiming they are technically the best in the world.

Not to mention they see facts and numbers as shade for some reason.

• agree

fans can't even appreciate their faves peacefully. for example, a few stans of certain bgs from a certain big 3 company disturb the peace or brag about their fave's vocals (not even the topic). :pepefacepalm:

• Glad to see everyone on the same page that appreciation shouldn’t be offensive.

That’s why I made little adjustments to my thread title here because it’s honestly what I thought after listening to the rap and I only didn’t say it from the beginning because some people would take the appreciation as an offense and complain.

lt64IYu.gif

• Ikr. Complimenting some group's vocals is a personal affront to others. And geez, don't even think of bringing up charts or numbers because you're appreciating how amazing a group is performing. Others sincerely act like you kicked their dog.

Agreed they go full John Wick on us

John Wick's Puppy Killed In First Movie Now Called 'Wick' And Loving Life  With New Family - LADbible

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

MD06SU0.gif

• Sometimes you cant even appreciate your faves vocals and think they are amazing without one of the SM fandoms popping in like "excuse me.. you rang? Did someone say vocals? Any1 say technique yet?" :pepefacepalm:

I am an longtime SM/J-Pop stan more than anything esle and umm this is so annoying when people bring up SM in vocal appreciation threads not about SM

Head Bang GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

MD06SU0.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!