J-drama recommendation?

• As a long time resident of kdramaland, I want to visit the neighboring jdramaland too. I've seen some Japanese films b4 but not series. Any recommendations?

For kdramas, I'm not the biggest fan of fluffy rom-coms. But I don't mind any genre as long as it's good...

Arigato in advance :wink:

• You said you weren't into rom-coms right....I only watch romcoms so I dont think i'll be of much help ;( but ill give you suggestions anyways

1. watashitachi wa douka shiteiru "Cursed in Love" This is not a romcom so dont worry haha

HWrhIcB.jpg

2. Alice in Borderland

aliceTOP-760x380.jpg

3. Liar Game (Japanese) Really recommend!! It's a bit older but the story never gets old, you will be having many shocked moments

Liar_Game_Season1-p1.jpg

4. Kakeguri

MV5BYTg3MTZlOTgtMmQxNy00OWI1LTgyY2EtMDJlMjY4ODlmZDg0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg

4. Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 (2005) If you watched boys over flowers, this is the classic

hana-yori-dango.jpg

• Thanks a lot :)

You can recommend rom-coms as well, just that I'm a bit picky with them...

• I have mostly only the stuff of "girl with issues and her too hot caring and loving boyfriend" or "girl with issues and her to hot mega horny boyfriend" or the "It's weird and complicated" -romances so no idea tho

The only one I watched who isn't like this is My I blackmail you?

Mio moves away from home to atend university in Tokyo. She moves into a small 1 room apartment and oneday as usually checks her mailbox if she got any letters. Than all of a sudden she finds an DVD without any adress on the envelope and not even anything written on the DVD itself, so she gets curious and puts the DVD in her player. A few moments later the DVD begins to play and a bound and gagged man on a chair is to see. Than a voice in the background says "Pay (I forgot how much) Yen or else you will never see this man again! With this message, I blackmail you!" Mio is frightened as she views the DVD and imediatly calls the phonenumber that is said at the end of the video asking if she could help this guy by paying, even tho she is not the person who was ment to see that DVD.

A few days later she meets Kanji at her university who was waitinf for her. She was shook as he apeard in front of her cause she didn't knew him. Kanji than asked her what her intend was by wanting to help someone she didn't knew. She said than that it would be bad to kill someone and so she wanted to rescue that guy, even tho she had no idea what he did to deserve being kidnapped. Kanji than told her that he had no idea the person who lived in Mio's apartment before left and so she accidantly had to find the DVD instead. Mio than asked if the guy died who was kidnapped, but Kanji told her that he would never do something like this. Of cause he owns a gun, but he only uses it to let his actions look cooler when he threatenes people and he told her that he never shot at someone before. Mio than asked what Kanji would work as and he said to her that his job is to help people out who got betrayed by blackmailing people to mainly get the money back that his clients lost but Mio wasn't ok with it and asked if he couldn't do it without having to blackmail and kidnap people.

Somehow after this Mio became friends to Kanji but not in a way of actuall friendship tho. She made it her task to prevent Kanji from having to blackmail people again like how he does, but it somehow didn't worked like she wants to. Than oneday someone kidnaps Mio and Kanji has to rescue her....

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Kiss_that_Kills-p001.jpg

Todome no kiss (a kiss that kills), it's suspense-romance drama about a guy who comeback to life and after received a kiss from a mysterious woman with red lips.

Code_Blue_Season_3-p02.jpg

Medical drama. No romance, just doctors busy saving people's life.

Prison_School-p1.jpg

Prison School. This is.....ultra weird. Maybe kinda nasty, lots of fan service, but maybe you want something different?

99.9_Keiji_Senmon_Bengoshi-p1.jpg

Keiji senmon bengoshi. Law drama (with comedy). Plot, acting, superb. And matsujun is a hot guy.

• As a long time resident of kdramaland, I want to visit the neighboring jdramaland too. I've seen some Japanese films b4 but not series. Any recommendations?

For kdramas, I'm not the biggest fan of fluffy rom-coms. But I don't mind any genre as long as it's good...

Arigato in advance :wink:

PLEASEEEEE WATCH SWITCHED I LOVE THAT SERIES IT'S ONLY 6 EP IT'S ON NETFLIX, I CRIED, I LAUGHED, I FELL IN LOVE WITH ONE OF THE CHARACTERS

Actually i think i will watch it again soon.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• PLEASEEEEE WATCH SWITCHED I LOVE THAT SERIES IT'S ONLY 6 EP IT'S ON NETFLIX, I CRIED, I LAUGHED, I FELL IN LOVE WITH ONE OF THE CHARACTERS

Actually i think i will watch it again soon.

Thanks for your recommendation. Even better that it's short :)

Ur sig is quite a look btw <3

• Just curious, what japanese drama made you think like this?

I love japanese dramas because there are many different type of storylines and themes, I like that it's not always romance (I enjoy romance of course but not all the time). and I also like that they're not too long (in number of episodes or length of each episode) so usually they don't add useless scenes or drag the stories.

Hana Yori Dango, For you in Full Blossom, Mischevious kiss, Rich Man Poor Woman etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!