wonyoung seems to be very skinny

• Where did I bash her? Also who are you to say when I can say my opinion? This is a discussion forum. You can not dictate what I should say or not. I did not say it maliciously or insult her in any way. If you don’t like the topic, you are free to leave this thread or start a discussion

i said you are bashing those who dont agree with your opinion, not wonyoung

which is very much clear from one of your replies i quoted ( the long one )

• I saw a pic on twitter where it looked like she had hairloss on the crown of her head, not a good sign. Hopefully it was edited.

Koreans have this complex that their heads are too big, we hear it all the time. They complain that if they eat sodium their faces swell. Wonyoung does seem to have a larger head in proportion to her body - like fractionally, a westerner wouldn't even notice - but she's probably under pressure to stay very small because of that.

But she is literally so perfect. I saw a post on pann where someone said that she was bullied at work (normal office work) because she weighed something with 50kg while being 170cm and her boss called her fat and literally asked her to loose weight. Some kpop fans really underestimate the beauty standards of Korea. Idols are skinnier than the normal Korean citizen and they are already skinny. I have witnessed it first hand and I have a lot of other people who live there and told me that before I was in Korea. We were a group of foreigner at a music show and we were literally shocked to say the least.

• i said you are bashing those who dont agree with your opinion, not wonyoung

which is very much clear from one of your replies i quoted ( the long one )

How did I bash someone? Now presenting your reasoning why you think something like that is alarming is bashing? Give me a break.

Also: please tell me the line where I allegedly bashed someone. Calling something stupid (not personally insulting someone) is not bashing, it is my own opinion. Finding something alarming is also not bashing and presenting the experience from trainees is also not bashing.

• But she is literally so perfect. I saw a post on pann where someone said that she was bullied at work (normal office work) because she weighed something with 50kg while being 170cm and her boss called her fat and literally asked her to loose weight. Some kpop fans really underestimate the beauty standards of Korea. Idols are skinnier than the normal Korean citizen and they are already skinny. I have witnessed it first hand and I have a lot of other people who live there and told me that before I was in Korea. We were a group of foreigner at a music show and we were literally shocked to say the least.

The healthy standard for weight might depend on where you're from. The normal weight for Koreans is lighter than most given diet and more recent increases in height. The same thing is seen in China.

As an American, I can fully acknowledge that we're too heavy. Regardless of social norms for healthy body image, the pandemic wasn't kind to Americans who tend to have more of the conditions that exacerbate symptomatic Covid.

• How did I bash someone? Now presenting your reasoning why you think like that is alarming is bashing? Give me a break.

Which is so stupid, there are several ex female idols and trainees who talked about the toxic body standards in kpop. People literally always talk about how toxic kpop is but when you try to talk about it they say you are shaming them

taking directly from your quote ^

if you believe its just a matter of opinion, let others have theirs without calling them stupid and going into a rant

no one in the thread called you out for bodyshaming

you yourself got too anxious you might be called out for bodyshaming as seen in your discussion with the user who agreed with you

guilty conscience maybe? who knows?

• The healthy standard for weight might depend on where you're from. The normal weight for Koreans is lighter than most given diet and more recent increases in height. The same thing is seen in China.

As an American, I can fully acknowledge that we're too heavy. Regardless of social norms for healthy body image, the pandemic wasn't kind to Americans who tend to have more of the conditions that exacerbate symptomatic Covid.

That’s why I said Korean citizen and not Western person etc. People in my country are also heavier than Japan and Korea but idols are skinnier than the skinniest people I have seen on the street in Seoul or Tokyo. I talked about it with several people and I am not talking about those people who are naturally skinny or are on the skinnier side.

Addition: I also think that Covid will change the perception of weight in the west into a healthier scale.

• You do not make any sense.

So again: where was I bashing someone? If you do not get the concept of opinions, I can’t help it. Also, how did I get anxious? You are literally trying to read through the lines and only twist my words. Even if no one commented on this post except this person I would have said the same statement because it is my opinion. Plus, I was talking about my experience in general. I wasn’t born yesterday so why can’t I mention my experience in the K-Pop community?

So again: where did I bash someone since I still do not see it?

People use bashing like a credit card but what I did was stating my opinion. I did not personally say K-Pop fans are stupid or anything of that kind. What I actually did do is calling out that this kind of behavior is stupid. As far as I am concerned this is not bashing.

• That’s why I said Korean citizen and not Western person etc. People in my country are also heavier than Japan and Korea but idols are skinnier than the skinniest people I have seen on the street in Seoul or Tokyo. I talked about it with several people and I am not talking about those people who are naturally skinny or are on the skinnier side.

Sure, but entertainers are generally skinnier than people you see on the streets. Not all of them, but at least idols won't be skinny fat.

I don't know how long you've spent in Korea or Japan either, so no idea how good an instinct you have for the general skinniness of those populations.

The self-balancing factor for idols here is that they have to dance quite a lot. So they need to maintain a reasonable amount of muscle to perform. I might worry more if they were standstill singers (which also requires some physical exertion).

One thing I might look for would be weight fluctuations. Other idols have had this happen, indicating that their natural weight is higher or they're still developing sustainable eating habits. Has this happened w/ Wonyoung?

• Oh that‘s an interesting point of view. I totally agree with you. There are a lot of idols are getting skinnier when they are promoting since they are moving a lot and thus loose some weight.

Wonyoung has been getting skinnier since debut. Maybe it is due to her growing up.

• Maybe she gets to have a longer break now and can rest a little bit. The hair loss is alarming

Yeah, with izone disbandment hopefully she can get a break and look after herself physically and mentally. They went through a lot with the rigging scandal.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!