so i keep coming back to kpop please help me out

• i’m not sure whether any of you even remember me but i used to be pretty active on the old forum around last year. so basically up until a few months ago, kpop was the biggest part of my life and because of that some shit happened. naturally.

i failed second year of med school because i wouldn’t stop obsessing over yeonjun’s cowboy hair and we lost the summer— the superior minisode track wbk. so it was time for this obsession to take a backseat. i was lit rally going to be a doctor in a few years not a kpop expert. i said goodbye to my faves (txt <3, bts and a few groups here and there) and yeeted myself out of the kpop universe

the first three months were great. i barely knew what my guys were up to and that was good. started playing pubg which turned out to be a worse thing to get obsessed with but that’s a story for another day. anyway the problem is that i’ve started checking out on groups that i would anti and it’s just so weird now... like from not giving blackpink a single view bc of the silly fan wars between bts and blackpink to now streaming their songs pretty frequently... gosh i hated exo and now i’m fucking in love with everything about them.. d.o and call me baby>>>>> what has this come to.

i’ve completely unstanned bts which is great because i got into the kpop rabbit hole because of them!!!!! i’m holding them accountable. sorry guys i loved u for three years and i wasn’t left with more to give </3

in conclusion i supposedly leave kpop for a few months and suddenly start actively interacting with the groups i used to hate on?????? please give me great advice on how to flush this kpop bug out of my system. my repeat exams are in a month and i CANNOT afford to fail... send help juseyo

• Im joking lmao

Instead of completely leaving kpop

Just occasionally check out your groups

Everything is good in small doeses

Just keep a small part of the day aside for kpop

i wish it were that easy like once i get into something i become obsessed with it... there’s no way out until i become sick of it

• mate I'm not gonna lie, you have like no hope. Not because of Kpop, but like your PUBG example shows, you are just an obsessive type and will always find something else to get into

• i wish it were that easy like once i get into something i become obsessed with it... there’s no way out until i become sick of it

Trust me ik how hard it is

I had the same problem as u during my board exams

Its gonna be really hard to resist the urge for a few days but it will get better

Just put your full focus on your studies untill your repeat exam gets over

• Have a schedule. Study and reward your self with keeping up with ur fav groups when you reach your study goals

Don't just keep up with Kpop all day. Plan your study schedule like I will study for 3 hours then for 1 hr I will watch mvs, be active on allkpop, twitter, then go back to studying.

Anytime you find yourself staying too long on kpop remind yourself of the repercussions you will face if you don't study. The people you are keeping up with are out there living their best lives making money while u are just there giving all your attention to these rich people and not focusing on your future.

• you don't have to completely get rid of kpop just have it in control at first maybe, it's really hard to get out of it. I joined the forum after the revamp so most probably you don't know me, i stan TXT and somewhere between and army and casual fan for BTS. Making studies top priority works for me especially during exams and stuff, being distant from apps and sns helps

• Have a schedule. Study and reward your self with keeping up with ur fav groups when you reach your study goals

Don't just keep up with Kpop all day. Plan your study schedule like I will study for 3 hours then for 1 hr I will watch mvs, be active on allkpop, twitter, then go back to studying.

Anytime you find yourself staying too long on kpop remind yourself of the repercussions you will face if you don't study. The people you are keeping up with are out there living their best lives making money while u are just there giving all your attention to these rich people and not focusing on your future.

^^^This

• Might have seen you before. You were an army iirc. :eyes:

I can relate. I was trying to disconnect from akp forums because it shouldn’t affect me studying. Real life is more impt no matter what. :pepenomad:

I might have a solution. :pepe-toilet: Find something else you enjoy more. Something that is not in the internet like maybe drawing or playing guitar etc.

Don’t worry op, I used to be anti-bp too. It happened when once vs blink fanwars happened, and I always shit on the girls (not here). It’s the same rhetoric on why bp sucks and how “talentless” they were. That happened when I was a hardcore once. Once you disconnect from your fandom you realise that it’s much more than that lol. You can enjoy music or content regardless of the artist without bias.

Edit: I reflected and realised how wrong those actions are too

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!