Korean Blinks want them to CANCEL Snowdrop to protect BPink’s image

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• stupid just put it on Netflix, and don't air it in Korea...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Are they insane? Do they think this is YG.

They are just harming Jisoo by doing this.

Do they really think they can use trucks to force a whole broadcasting company to cancel a programme.

They have gone absolutely mad.

• Its not even about the trucks. What will the other people involved in the drama think if they see something like that. Fans of the main lead sending trucks to force cancelation of a drama they are part of.

This is why knetizens keep hating on Jisoo, like they needed anymore insentive to do so.

Can they just be quiet and let things run its course and whatever happens, happens.

• Official Post

none of us plebeians even know what the show really is. Request to cancel the drama is premature and impulsive

Scenario 1: The drama comes out, it makes light of real events and Koreans get mad so even more bad press

Scenario 2: The drama comes out, it may not be as bad but no watches it.

This is obviously a sensitive topic for Koreans and they've already made up their mind. I doubt a trailer is going to make them feel better of black comedy done on a real event in their history.

• Scenario 1: The drama comes out, it makes light of real events and Koreans get mad so even more bad press

This is obviously a sensitive topic for Koreans and they've already made up their mind. I doubt a trailer is going to make them feel better of black comedy done on a real event in their history.

So you completely ingored the 3rd scenario of it coming out and people actually loving it.

• Its not even about the trucks. What will the other people involved in the drama think if they see something like that. Fans of the main lead sending trucks to force cancelation of a drama they are part of.

This is why knetizens keep hating on Jisoo, like they needed anymore insentive to do so.

Can they just be quiet and let things run its course and whatever happens, happens.

Actually it, not KBLINKS that started it, KNETZ the one that asks the production to revised their plot or just cancel the drama if there is another 'history distortion' in that drama. Literally, this is happening because of one drama that exposed because of that issue. Now, KNETZ aiming to check all the history-related to KDRAMA.

• Actually it, not KBLINKS that started it, KNETZ the one that asks the production to revised their plot or just cancel the drama if there is another 'history distortion' in that drama. Literally, this is happening because of one drama that exposed because of that issue. Now, KNETZ aiming to check all the history-related to KDRAMA.

All am saying is fans of anyone involved in the drama should just shut the hell up and not take any stupid actions

• Scenario 1: The drama comes out, it makes light of real events and Koreans get mad so even more bad press

And those are all just possible scenarios, doesn’t mean anything.

And those are just Koreans on the internet. Goodness knows how most of them are just as sensitive as people on Twitter

it's not like whole of Korea is gonna watch the movie anyways. It's gonna be mostly fans and a few movie lovers. Most of the knetz who are criticizing aren't gonna watch the movie regardless of the plot lol.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• it's not like whole of Korea is gonna watch the movie anyways. It's gonna be mostly fans and a few movie lovers. Most of the knetz who are criticizing aren't gonna watch the movie regardless of the plot lol.

Well, it's KNETZ. They will keep attacking everything without checking what is true and wrong first about the situation. I'm not saying about their history here.

• Well, it's KNETZ. They will keep attacking everything without checking what is true and wrong first about the situation. I'm not saying about their history here.

As long as the series doesn't have really offensive content, I think it's okay. They didn't even release a trailer yet for the drama. idk how they're judging hardly.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Official Post

So you completely ingored the 3rd scenario of it coming out and people actually loving it.

I guess people will love a drama about a dictatorship that killed thousands of students who's still alive till this day and many of the victims and families are alive as this event only happened in the 1980s. This a fresh wound for a lot of people.

And those are all just possible scenarios, doesn’t mean anything.

And those are just Koreans on the internet. Goodness knows how most of them are just as sensitive as people on Twitter

Yup just Koreans on the internet who most likely went through the events in the drama takes place in the 80s. They don't want any romantization and nothing from this event to be made light I can understand that.

kingkook quote didn't work.

They want this movie to make money right? Then its in their best interest to make a movie that everyone will want to want, not just a few fans.

• They want this movie to make money right? Then its in their best interest to make a movie that everyone will want to want, not just a few fans.

I highly doubt most Koreans are gonna watch it, unless the drama takes off high and becomes a viral topic. K-drama fans & Korean movie lovers are the target audience. Maybe kpop fans as well bc they casted Jisoo onto the show. JTBC knows the target audience and that's why aren't dropping the show despite huge backlash from knetz.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Official Post

I highly doubt most Koreans are gonna watch it, unless the drama takes off high and becomes a viral topic. K-drama fans & Korean movie lovers are the target audience. Maybe kpop fans as well bc they casted Jisoo onto the show. JTBC knows the target audience and that's why aren't dropping despite huge backlash from knetz.

Kdrama fans, Korean movie lovers, and kpop fans more specifically kblinks all have one thing in common and that is they have, their family or know people who went through this dictatorship in the 80s. This is why I personally believe no one is gonna like this movie and why they should cancel it. I mean kblinks legit sent trucks to protest about it.

• I highly doubt most Koreans are gonna watch it, unless the drama takes off high and becomes a viral topic. K-drama fans & Korean movie lovers are the target audience. Maybe kpop fans as well bc they casted Jisoo onto the show. JTBC knows the target audience and that's why aren't dropping the show despite huge backlash from knetz.

But we need to protect bps imagine

• Kdrama fans, Korean movie lovers, and kpop fans more specifically kblinks all have one thing in common and that is they have, their family or know people who went through this dictatorship in the 80s. This is why I personally believe no one is gonna like this movie and why they should cancel it. I mean kblinks legit sent trucks to protest about it.

they are telling them to stop the drama bc Jisoo might get hate. That's their biggest reason. Just saying asking for a whole show to be cancelled based on some rumour is weird. This gives the same energy as kfans asking a member who get's into a controversy (only stupid rumours, nothing confirmed) to leave the group, so the other members don't get hate.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• But we care for our jisoo. We want to protect her. I totally understand kblinks

That's why the production should release the statements to the public if they are not really wrong. If they decided to cancel the drama without answering anything, Knetz will think they are right the drama indeed has historical distortion in their plot.

• If one of my faves was involved in a huge controversy, I would also prefer for it to be cancelled, it's not worth the risk. But I don't think sending trucks is the right way, blinks are too fixated on sending trucks for everything.

It's not only a few K-netizens that are angry, the petition against the drama already has 80k signatures. 15 hours ago it was only at 41k.

P.S.: the petition link https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/597214

• Can someone give me a 2 sentence summary what the issue with snowdrop is?

It's a "black COMEDY" about a serious part of Korean history (actually, it seems to combine two parts of Korean history) that shouldn't be comedic, and it uses real people's names to represent protestor characters that are fictionalized. Plus apparently the plot is "protestor falls in love with other protester who turns out to be a SPY", which is a) ridic; b) insulting to the actual people who got tortured over this and whose names they're using.

That's the two-sentence explanation. Also, torture is never funny, and real people got disappeared and killed for this.

Edit: also, the woman whose name they're using for Jisoo's character was in a serious accident years ago and lost 70% of her brainpower, which means her power to consent is limited. So there's that too.

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!