girlgroup data over 365 days of YT charts

• I may or may no have been prompted to collate this data based off another thread here, but this is really just for fun. This shows a summary of girl groups side by side over 365 days of YT charts. The data is taken directly from here and unmodified in any way: https://charts.youtube.com/art…=2024-07-13T00%3A00%3A00Z

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 2.01.47 PM.png

This data may or may not be anymore meaningful than spotify data, but I think it is since YT claims none of these numbers are influenced by ads. However, you can see how the views are calculated for yourself and make your own judgement.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 10.03.18 PM.png

I felt looking at the full year was fair for each group since not all here have had recent comebacks. The only * on this list would be Babymonster who didn't debut (or whatever you wanna call it) until the end of November. It does track their pre-debut stuff though.

Again this is just for fun as I enjoy seeing the data together like this and I'm sure others may as well.

• I don’t think this is the chart that’s ad free.

As far as I know the weekly ranking chart is the only one that excludes ads. And you can never get a true picture of ad free views once the songs stop charting on it.

You may be right, I really don't know for sure. The image I included that says "No ads are used" is linked directly on the page I used to collate the data, so I figured it applied to the whole charts site. If you see something proves otherwise (from YT/google), I won't argue it.

Though keep in mind it even says that it uses data from user-generated content that includes the song, that could have a large influence.

• You may be right, I really don't know for sure. The image I included that says "No ads are used" is linked directly on the page I used to collate the data, so I figured it applied to the whole charts site. If you see something proves otherwise (from YT/google), I won't argue it.

Though keep in mind it even says that it uses data from user-generated content that includes the song, that could have a large influence.

What I’m saying is the artist page is NOT the YouTube chart referred to in the screen shot. None of the ranking use YouTube ads indeed. But the weekly chart is the only place where you can actually see the real views (the daily chart doesn’t show view count) and the artist page is not a chart.

• Well every single group here does have ads except blackpink. Even blackpink has ads on shut down, and pink venom, but in last 365 days they didn’t have. Even newjeans have ads since, apple, Coca Cola promotes them. And they had ads on their YouTube shorts(which I have seen 30+ times). But babymonster one is basically 55% ads. Second one in terms of buying ads would be Gidle. Then le sserafim and Aespa on the same level, and the others.

• What I’m saying is the artist page is NOT the YouTube chart referred to in the screen shot. None of the ranking use YouTube ads indeed. But the weekly chart is the only place where you can actually see the real views (the daily chart doesn’t show view count) and the artist page is not a chart.

I never said it was a chart, it's a summary of the charts page that I linked. On that page, it links the image I have on my post. Idk what else you'd like me assume other than that the numbers I've posted here are ad free since it literally says that. Go to the link on my post, you're still on charts.youtube.com. If you think google is lying and misrepresenting the views, take it up with them.

And if you bothered to click the link, you'd see they do actually show daily views, though it's not per song.

• I never said it was a chart, it's a summary of the charts page that I linked. On that page, it links the image I have on my post. Idk what else you'd like me assume other than that the numbers I've posted here are ad free since it literally says that. Go to the link on my post, you're still on charts.youtube.com. If you think google is lying and misrepresenting the views, take it up with them.

And if you bothered to click the link, you'd see they do actually show daily views, though it's not per song.

No that’s not ad free

The actual chart is the only thing that’s ad free unless I misunderstood you. Basically did you look at 50 weeks of the YouTube chart individually to get this data? That’s the only way you can get the total ad free views. The summery page is not ad free. Because it’s not the actual chart.

Anyway someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure I’m right maybe ish

• The song chart including user content that uses the original song is the most interesting part, the tricky thing is if it needs to be the entire song or just part of it or is something similar to tiktok.

Also could you make one for boy groups? I would like to see how bts is doing after 2 years of hiatus and how much exo flops on youtube, even if is not possible for boy groups just to see those 2 groups stats would be great.

• The song chart including user content that uses the original song is the most interesting part, the tricky thing is if it needs to be the entire song or just part of it or is something similar to tiktok.

Also could you make one for boy groups? I would like to see how bts is doing after 2 years of hiatus and how much exo flops on youtube, even if is not possible for boy groups just to see those 2 groups stats would be great.

Why are you trying so hard to bash exo for flopping on YouTube, when it is clear that SM is the worst promoter. Out of all big 4 companies, they suck the most in marketing department. So please hide your anger in yourself for once and stream twice, because they are also flopping extremely hard on YouTube. BTW I’m not exo l and I’m not once. But I see you trashing exo evreywhere

• That’s the only way you can get the total ad free views. The summery page is not ad free. Because it’s not the actual chart.

Look I'm genuinely not trying to argue, I'm a logical thinker so my thought process:

Click link from charts.youtube.com:

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 2.55.10 PM.png

Link has this:

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 2.58.28 PM.png

Now keep in mind it seems the page I've summarized is the 'Music Insights', so maybe it doesn't apply, but it is still within the youtube charts domain and I can't find anything refuting my claim on google. So do with that what you will.

• Why are you trying so hard to bash exo for flopping on YouTube, when it is clear that SM is the worst promoter. Out of all big 4 companies, they suck the most in marketing department. So please hide your anger in yourself for once and stream twice, because they are also flopping extremely hard on YouTube. BTW I’m not exo l and I’m not once. But I see you trashing exo evreywhere

Sm is actually the 2nd company that promotes their groups more on youtube after yg with nct and aespa, even exo got some few years ago and still flopped on youtube. I'm just very curious about exo on youtube because they have been getting streams like a legacy group there even when they are still partially active.

And negative, twice numbers on youtube are still amazing like this thread data shows so try again.

• YouTube charts refers only to the Daily and weekly charts is what I always thought lol

Anyway it’s alright either way I’ve liked this summery page too and found it insightful in general in the past

• Sm is actually the 2nd company that promotes their groups more on youtube after yg with nct and aespa, even exo got some few years ago and still flopped on youtube. I'm just very curious about exo on youtube because they have been getting streams like a legacy group there even when they are still partially active.

And negative, twice numbers on youtube are still amazing like this thread data shows so try again.

Well, you clearly don’t understand, that other ways of promoting affect YouTube views. Example: deals with TikTok, YouTube shorts ads, more promotions on different shows locally and internationally, Spotify playlisting(best tool of hybe). SM doesn’t know how to present their group, they will do really well like Aespa and Exo if they have some extremely unique concept and a very solid debut and then SM let them float by themselves after they succeed. Buying YouTube ads doesn’t do shit, comparing to other marketing strategies. Another example I would love to show is my fave group Shinee. SM promoted them very good in don’t call me era in 2021. So they had 100% organic 59 million views and 1.6m + likes in 2021 alone and was 2 nd most streamed boy group song on melon in 2021 after BTS. Also, they had decent amount of Spotify streams. Now compare with their 2023 comeback Hard. They have 30 million views and 500k likes, and 11m views are from ads. Also, they flopped on Spotify too- 20 million streams. Also, they flopped on melon too, because they had way less exposure, way less promotions that they had in 2021. And twice is flopping extra hard this year with their comeback(30-45m views). If they will continue like that, they will be on exo’s level of YouTube streams soon.

• Sm is actually the 2nd company that promotes their groups more on youtube after yg with nct and aespa, even exo got some few years ago and still flopped on youtube. I'm just very curious about exo on youtube because they have been getting streams like a legacy group there even when they are still partially active.

Also, from this year SM stopped putting a lot of ads on Aespa’s and Nct’s MVs. So SM is on the Same level as JYP(they buy a lot of ads for Nmixx, NiziU, and less for Stray kids and Itzy,, and the least one is Twice). I would love to consider hybe as 2nd best at buying YouTube ads(Bnd, Txt, Le sserafim, Illit have a lot of ads)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!