I'm glad I didn't put a lot of expectations on Lisa "Rockstar"

• I think waiting for your bias song to come out is the most frustrating part of being a fan... because you expect a lot of things.

"Rockstar" is out.

The best part of the song was the bridge and the pre-chorus. It also turns out that these are the only parts I like.

The lyrics have nothing meaningful or a catchy message.

The chorus was flat.

But I think what I don't like the most is that noise sound she used as a backtrack... it's really disturbing and unpleasant to hear.

Now let's talk about the song's potential :

It will enter BB200, BBUS, Spotify Global and to some extent BBHot 100 but at a very low rank. I bet it's just a fan song, not a song that is made to attract a new audience.

I still have hope that there will be more and she will come with an album this year. I also hope that I would like at least one or two songs from that album.

I will always watch her, praise/hype her, and congratulate her on any success she achieves with Rockstars (because hey!! I still love her <3 ). But I don't know if I'd like to listen to it again

that's all, a simple unpopular opinion among others.

• That Japanese line was so cringey who let that out seriously???

For real tho. When I heard that line my instant thought was "does she even speak japanese :clown:"

The song is ok but definitely doesn't have replay value for me. It's a little too cringe for my liking. But, at least it explains why YG didn't put any Ryan Tedder songs on to "the Album"

• That Japanese line was so cringey who let that out seriously???

For real tho. When I heard that line my instant thought was "does she even speak japanese :clown:"

The song is ok but definitely doesn't have replay value for me. It's a little too cringe for my liking. But, at least it explains why YG didn't put any Ryan Tedder songs on to "the Album"

Maybe she is referring to this Japanese singer "Lisa" who is very popular in Japan

But i agree, it was cringe that I'd rather just laugh about it while repeating " Lisa teach me japanese".

Hearing it once is enough but she added it to the chorus:meme-picard-facepalm:

• For real tho. When I heard that line my instant thought was "does she even speak japanese :clown:"

According to twitter

"lisa can you teach me Japanese? I said hai hai" When I first listened to it, I was confused why she put in Japanese, girl. When I watched the MV, the hai part, she bowed, which was contradictory, so I thought it might be a sarcasm that when people say they're from Asia, people only know China and Japan. So I went back to watch the MV again from the perspective of how Thais and Asians are stereotyped and discriminated against. She put in a trans person, put in a guy who looks like a rough gangster, which is how foreigners view Thailand. She took 100 Thai kids and sat them in a row, dressed all the same. This might be a sarcasm that Asians all look the same. And on the other hand, when there's a famous person from Thailand or someone who's good-looking, people will say that they don't look like Thai people at all. Another thing is that when you look at the overall picture, everything looks the same, but the differences stand out, especially their skin color. And most of them are tan. This is very unexpected in this MV. She's not selling Thailand as a luxurious tourist city, but she's adding street style because it's a city and its people. Many people may be confused about what's Rockstar. It's a Rockstar attitude.

• Who wrote those lyrics

And why does she hate Hybe? She keeps talking about Hybe in her song

It's "hai hai" in Japanese = yes yes

• I didn't have very high expectations either, because of the backtrack of teaser. I liked it overall, definitely better than Lalisa but money is superior. I actually can see myself repeating baby I'm a rockstar part, I can't say it's not catchy

I just hope If her album comes out she will choose better instrumentals overall.

The mv is gorgeous tho

• According to twitter

"lisa can you teach me Japanese? I said hai hai" When I first listened to it, I was confused why she put in Japanese, girl. When I watched the MV, the hai part, she bowed, which was contradictory, so I thought it might be a sarcasm that when people say they're from Asia, people only know China and Japan. So I went back to watch the MV again from the perspective of how Thais and Asians are stereotyped and discriminated against. She put in a trans person, put in a guy who looks like a rough gangster, which is how foreigners view Thailand. She took 100 Thai kids and sat them in a row, dressed all the same. This might be a sarcasm that Asians all look the same. And on the other hand, when there's a famous person from Thailand or someone who's good-looking, people will say that they don't look like Thai people at all. Another thing is that when you look at the overall picture, everything looks the same, but the differences stand out, especially their skin color. And most of them are tan. This is very unexpected in this MV. She's not selling Thailand as a luxurious tourist city, but she's adding street style because it's a city and its people. Many people may be confused about what's Rockstar. It's a Rockstar attitude.

Interesting take.

I kinda understood it was a homage to her homeland including the street style but I didn't think about it this way at all.

• The best part of the song was the bridge and the pre-chorus. It also turns out that these are the only parts I like.

They are also my favourite parts; I think that it would have sounded so good for the whole song to have that instrumental. Then the outro/bridge with the bass kicking it sounded amazing.

L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle (Paradiso, XXXIII, v. 145)
    ---
    Divina Commedia - Dante Alighieri

• another way to look at it if you'd like...

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My thoughts exactly. It's "mina saiko arigato k-k-k-kawaii" from Avril Lavigne's Hello Kitty levels of cringe ;( And I'm saying this as a huge lisa and avril fan

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe she is referring to this Japanese singer "Lisa" who is very popular in Japan

But i agree, it was cringe that I'd rather just laugh about it while repeating " Lisa teach me japanese".

Hearing it once is enough but she added it to the chorus:meme-picard-facepalm:

The problem with this theory (or execution) is that the whole verse they're using is "La-La-Lisa can you teach me japanese", as in her name Lalisa and not just "Lisa". The only people who call her that would be someone who knows her name and it's really weird if they don't already know who she is. That's why I didn't even catch that even when I have been a frequent LiSA listener. It's just.. weirdly executed..?

• well i didnt have very high expectations and i disliked the teaser images she released but when mv teaser dropped i got really hyped, i liked the backtrack

i cant say what part of the song i like the most but it works well as a whole.. on the first listen i liked it more and more and hit repeat immediately after it finished, simple as that

and yes, the japanese line was cringe on the first listen but the more she repeats it the catchier it is.. i dont care much about deep messages or whatever but i also believe it's a shade on stereotypes

• another way to look at it if you'd like...

External Content x.com

Yup from first listen I could spot the sarcasm, idk why so many people say it's cringe some probably say it on purpose..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!