Why do kpop groups and idols receive praise?

• Every time I go to the main page I see articles about "Wonyoung receives praise for her visuals", "Nayeon receives praise for her dancing skills", "Moka recevies praise for her live vocals", "BTS receive praise for their respectfulness and manners".

What is actually happening here? Is this a business/industry or a god damn day care? Only pre school kids get praised for doing what they are supposed to do. This must be part of the continued infantilization of kpop idols as fans pat their faves on the head for being such good little boys and girls.

I'm going to ask my employer to praise me every day for showing up and showing up on time and getting my work done in a timely manner. I'm curious how that will go over. Or maybe we can start small and just everyone praise the user above you for the most mundane thing you can think of.

• Every time I go to the main page I see articles about "Wonyoung receives praise for her visuals", "Nayeon receives praise for her dancing skills", "Moka recevies praise for her live vocals", "BTS receive praise for their respectfulness and manners".

What is actually happening here? Is this a business/industry or a god damn day care? Only pre school kids get praised for doing what they are supposed to do. This must be part of the continued infantilization of kpop idols as fans pat their faves on the head for being such good little boys and girls.

I'm going to ask my employer to praise me every day for showing up and showing up on time and getting my work done in a timely manner. I'm curious how that will go over. Or maybe we can start small and just everyone praise the user above you for the most mundane thing you can think of.

im going to be completely sincere, i was about to do a deep dive analysis but i deleted the whole paragraph because even i dont know wth im talking about when it comes to why k groups and idols get praised. but this isnt a bad question at all btw, i just dont know how to answer it haha.

wonyoung gets shitty critiques and then the next day praise for literally breathing so why do i care anymore

T T

Signed by Fabiana ~

tumblr_nrxfzjthYy1tefqylo1_r1_500.gif

You actually could? And this is no joke or whatever.

Just suggest a kind vote from everybody for people that are good at what they do.

Give them a candy for all I care, but its the gesture that counts.

The praise from your co-workers.

• It's just pr or comments from fans in some fan dominated article, i think often times these idols don't even know about the said praises.

They would rather drink at bars and hangout with boyfriend/girlfriend rather than reading hollow and creepy praise for moving their asses during some performance which people down frame rated and shared allover internet without your consent.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!