Jpop Fans? Who is this Group? I love this.

• I don't follow jpop but this came up in my recs.

And I absolutely love this song.

I looked up the Japanese and it said it was TAKANE NO NADESHIKO.

Who are they? Is this a popular group?

Man this song is so charming.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Never heard of them. There are many groups similiar to them and most never really make it. A girl in a video once said when she was interviewed that her former group had a member who worked 3 jobs on the side so she could feed herslef and pay rent cause she earned no money from her job as idol. The girl said it was odd, because each weekend she and her group performed in venues who had mostly cheap or free entrance to the audience and so the only money they made was from photocards being sold or selfies they took and sold, she said she made on average about 21$ a night and due to production costs, her management etc. she only was left with 7$ from it and she explained how many groups she met, even with girls being as young as 12 on these events and almost never a group where she remembered to have seen them before, cause there are just so many that it's no wonder why so many people root for a different artist in Japan with barly ever being multi-fans and if than Japanese people often stan 1-2 famous artists and their local favourite.

If talking about famous groups, than you should rather look at AKB48, SKE48, Hinatazaka46, Sakurakazaka46, Atarashii Gakko, ME:I, NiziU, Tokimemi Sendenbu,... and others like that.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• i googled them and here's the link to their spotify

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is what kprofiles says:

Takane no Nadeshiko (高嶺のなでしこ) is a Japanese ten-member girl group currently under Victor Entertainment formed on July 10, 2022. They were formed through the JDOL Audition, where 7 members were selected from 36 finalists. Later, on August 5, 3 former members of Last Idol were added. They debuted on October 16, 2022 with the single “Antifan”. They made their major debut on February 21, 2024 with the single “Utsukushiku Ikiro / Koi wo Shitta Sekai”.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• i've seen the MV too but don't follow them, i know they are from an audition show (that i didn't watch) i believe they are backed by the team behind Tokyo Idol Festival so i would say they are relatively popular

• I do not follow GG's so i cannot help you but i'm sure others will be able to. good luck!

I recognize MV a bit, but I can't say I recognize the group. Jpop have hordes of groups like them and hundres of songs sounding like this.

Never heard of them. There are many groups similiar to them and most never really make it. A girl in a video once said when she was interviewed that her former group had a member who worked 3 jobs on the side so she could feed herslef and pay rent cause she earned no money from her job as idol. The girl said it was odd, because each weekend she and her group performed in venues who had mostly cheap or free entrance to the audience and so the only money they made was from photocards being sold or selfies they took and sold, she said she made on average about 21$ a night and due to production costs, her management etc. she only was left with 7$ from it and she explained how many groups she met, even with girls being as young as 12 on these events and almost never a group where she remembered to have seen them before, cause there are just so many that it's no wonder why so many people root for a different artist in Japan with barly ever being multi-fans and if than Japanese people often stan 1-2 famous artists and their local favourite.

If talking about famous groups, than you should rather look at AKB48, SKE48, Hinatazaka46, Sakurakazaka46, Atarashii Gakko, ME:I, NiziU, Tokimemi Sendenbu,... and others like that.

i've seen the MV too but don't follow them, i know they are from an audition show (that i didn't watch) i believe they are backed by the team behind Tokyo Idol Festival so i would say they are relatively popular

Thank you everyone for your help!

It's crazy. I forget how big the Japanese music scene is and that's it's not like Kpop.

I was thinking in kpop terms and like oh they have a pretty professional looking MV I bet they're a big Group they'll be Stans in the Jpop section lol.

Forgot how massive jpop actually is.

But thanks for pointing me on the right direction!

Thanks Chocolate-cheeks for the summary.

And JiminieKookie thanks for the insight into the Jpop idol scene. Sounds like a hard business...

• And JiminieKookie thanks for the insight into the Jpop idol scene. Sounds like a hard business...

Yeah, when there are like 100-200 debuts a year its pretty big

I run (mostly) full lists on debuts and disbandments every year since a few years now and you can see from there how big the Japanese music market is, aswell as if you would look at the lists on pages like JPop-fandom

This is for example my 2023-list:

And my 2024-list:

Some agencies who are big often do debut a lot soloists, but also tend to give a space to actors/actresses, youtuber, athletes,... who also sing and there are also many small companies who have like 1-2 artists. Most small companies also tend to only collect fans inside the prefecture they are located in since it is too expensive for some acts to promote themself to a bigger audience if they can't make it big outside their prefecture and often tour only inside that prefecture or are just located towards a big city since it's cheaper for them. Only a small percentage even makes it big enough to be heard by so many people. If you think "oh male vocalists, there are probably only Eve, Kenshi Yonezu, Yuuri, SKY-HI, KEN THE 39, Ken Miyake, Tomohisa Yamashita, Vaundy and Masayuki Suzuki plus a few retiered people" as example, than it's often just the tip of the iceberg. However the largest part of JPop these days besides vocalists is mostly girlgroups, which makes it hard for local based groups to hit big, even many acts in companies with a famous girgroup have it harder these days. One example is Girls2, Lucky2 and iScream who are not really that big compared to the now disbanded girlgroups Happiness and E-girls who have been from the same agency. But also since there are too many girlgroups, a lot boys fear to not make it as a singer in Japan if they want to be in a boygroup, so there are lesser boygroup debuts than girlgroups, altho the most famous music company of Japan only has boygroups. But people have their take on it, that its hard to compete against such big names from that company and than a lot of the times boys think to either debut solo in Japan, go to Korea instead since they think they could have a better chance to ake it there or they won't debut at all. It changed a little bit when Produce made a big change towards male idol-group debuts, but some people say it was too much, altho if looking at how many groups debut, there are still way more girlgroup debuts than boygroups. And also as of now the top group-debut so far seems to be a girlgroup, with ME:I debuting from Produce 101 Japan S3 (Altho they have a big competition since Starto Entertainment, formerly known as Johnny's Entertainment, debuted a group this month called Ae! Group which is a boygroup and TOBE re-debuted 3 former King&Prince members as Number_i and they had a big start since their song GOAT is now the most streamed idol-group MV of the year so far).

It's not easy on each end. Boygroups who fear to not make it cause of too many girlgroups and girlgroups who fear to not make it since they are just one of so many with just a small fanbase and not really any income.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Thank you! You're an encyclopedia of information!

Jpop is a whole new world I've never explored.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!