Why years of KPop success were not able to impress Koreans and the Domesticist still stays strong?

• 2021 was unarguably the greatest year of BTS, having unequivocally become the top act of the entire world, putting even Taylor Swift to the back burner.

But at the end of the year this thing happened

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/these-are-the-potential-dispatch-couples-to-be-revealed-on-2022-new-years-day-according-to-netizens

Dispatch had listed 21 potential new couplings, and lo and behold,

among others, there were IU-Suga and IU-Jungkook.

IU's name appeared before Suga and Jungkook, forgetting the fact that BTS had conquered the entire world, and virtually every act on the earth (although not IU, probably the one act still defiant against BTS) was kneeling before it,

yet the Koreans put IU's name before the members' names, considering her to be more famous than BTS members. Right after IU- Jungkook, he appears in two more potential coupling, Jungkook-Sana and Jungkook-Lee Yubi (an actress, whose younger sister has married Lee Seunggi.)

So the list was compiled with the more famous person put in front of others.

The recent photo revelation of Kim Saeron put light to IU's most famous photograph. Everyone called it IU-Eunhyuk, never, never the other way around.

No matter how much they tried, BTS, BlackPink and other internationally relevant acts could not dislodge the domesticist who has ridiculed KPop's successes for all these years, and defied the acts which conquered the world.

In fact Bibi harmed the domesticist more than all these internationally prominent singers, and Bibi's coup came to nought since her company, Yoon Mirae and Tiger JK, failed to follow up Bibi's super success. In fact that has incited IU to have an encore concert at the Soccer Stadium, and people are predicting that she will release at least a digital single before it, which will have the same effect Strawberry Moon had over aespa's Savage in 2021, silencing all new acts and forcing them to pay filial duty to her in Sep 21-22.

What has led to this sorry condition?

Two things, in my opinion

1. txt did not become as big as expected.

A lot of people had expected txt to reach at least the level of BTS-lite, but because of Hybe's policy of giving them 'experimental' songs, txt had carved up its own niche but that did not become as big as some hoped for.

2. That led to the lack of successors to world domination. After BTS and BlackPink became offline, Twice , now leaning more towards USA and Japan, could not fill their gaps, and ditto to Seventeen, itself a mature group, too tied to Asia to expand elsewhere.

3. Companies have become too conservative.

Because of all these troubles in SM, which was traditionally the most aggressive, a sense of economy has prevailed.

So they are no longer willing to take huge risks to maintain world domination, just content to hold on to whatever they have now.

Which has led to the sorry condition of the Domesticist having the largest 'world tour' of all this year.

4. The toleration of the domesticist herself

A concerted campaign against the Domestist, like last year's coalition of the country singers vs Jungkook, and Taylor Swift- Drake- SZA - Doja Cat - Beatles against Jungkook to destroy BTS in North America, would have brought the domesticist down.

However, unlike the country singers and the Taylor Swift coalitions, because the Domesticist was associated with Melon, there were no concerted efforts to remove the greatest impediment against the KPop Conquest of the World.

As a result, after 7 years of hibernation, it is likely that the Domesticist will return to the top singer of Korea, despite of what Bibi had done to hurt the former owner of Edam. If it is not tragic I don't know what is.

• Culture. They think they are the sh*t, their delusion goes above and beyond, they also work hard for it.

No international recognition is gonna impress the ones who think they are above everywhere else. I respect that, but money thinks otherwise.

• groups need to come together and collect all six kpop company stones and use them to defeat the senior singer

ive is collecting the stones

to which the key unlocks iu's full international potential

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't get Koreans music taste, I think they care about "trend" a lot more shan the music. They never streamed bts until they reached global success even though they had been releasing bops for years. That's why I truly believe international success >>>Korean success

• Culture. They think they are the sh*t, their delusion goes above and beyond, they also work hard for it.

No international recognition is gonna impress the ones who think they are above everywhere else. I respect that, but money thinks otherwise.

A very bad case of myopia indeed.

Korea is an island country for all practical purposes, since the DMZ with North Korea is not passable, and that made its culture quite myopic.

• I don't get Koreans music taste, I think they care about "trend" a lot more shan the music. They never streamed bts until they reached global success even though they had been releasing bops for years. That's why I truly believe international success >>>Korean success

Koreans are success stans but as I have cited in the above example even when BTS was conquering the world they considered IU to be above them.

The genre Koreans really like are slowish ballads, including trot which still retains the enka rhythms but the hits are indistinguishable from ballads. Lee Jieun is a master of that genre while the foreign fans do not care about such style of music.

Unfortunately in Melon, which is not influenced by foreign fans, such kind of songs still proliferate.

• Two things, in my opinion

1. txt did not become as big as expected.

2. That led to the lack of successors to world domination. After BTS and BlackPink became offline, Twice , now leaning more towards USA and Japan, could not fill their gaps, and ditto to Seventeen, itself a mature group, too tied to Asia to expand elsewhere.

3. Companies have become too conservative.

4. The toleration of the domesticist herself

:pepe-hips:

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

BTS 'I Need U' was their first hit domestically and it was even before they become a mainstream group internationally. Heck they even beat BIGBANG 'Loser' in Mcountdown at that time. All this 'Korean barely notice BTS before they're famous overseas' are false. In fact they had gain a large fandom and popularity since 'Danger' was released

Spring Day literally got released pre-global success. Why are people distorting history :sweatr1:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!